User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Best Online MBTI Personality Test - Free or Not Free

What MBTI test out there do you think is the best?

My favorite is still the official Step 2 test. It costs money though. I attached a sample report as well as the portion of the manual from the CPP website.

MBTI Step 2 Report Example.pdf
    MBTI_StepII_Man_Supp.pdf

I think there are several characteristics of a good one:

1. Accurate results
    2. Robust profile description
    3. Useful content provided in report

I like all three of those in the Step II.

I didn't find Step III to be especially useful.

Here are some links to where you can get the MBTI Step II assessment.

MBTI Test > MBTI Step II Profile | Career Assessment Site

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - AnnHolm.net
    Last edited by highlander; 06-29-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

Cool, thanks for these links
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

My favorite is still the official Step 2 test. It costs money though. I attached a sample report as well as the portion of the manual from the CPP website.

MBTI Step 2 Report Example.pdf
    MBTI_StepII_Man_Supp.pdf

I think there are several characteristics of a good one:

1. Accurate results
    2. Robust profile description
    3. Useful content provided in report

Like all three of those in the Step II.

I didn't find Step III to be especially useful.
    Thanks for posting! I assume that means you've taken both then? How was your experience of taking them? What about them was useful or not useful? No pressure to post anything about your results that's too personal, but I'd be very interested in anything you, or anyone else who's taken them, would be willing to share about how taking those tests has been helpful (or not helpful), what, if anything, you've learned about yourself from them, ETC. I'm still getting my head around the Step II facets, and I don't really know anything about Step III. I think it's a good idea to divide up each dichotomy into subfacets, but the ones they've got seem a bit too similar to each other. If anyone else is interested in learning more about Step II, the facet descriptions from the manual have been posted at PerC:
    Extraversion / Introversion
    Sensing / Intuition
    Thinking / Feeling
    Judging / Perceiving

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The step II is really insightful if you can afford the money. The price is quite steep though, around $100 USD. I was lucky in that I got to take it for much cheaper because I did it through a career counselor. If you don't want to pay money, you could just read the links above and get a pretty good idea of where you stand on these facet scales.

It did confirm my type as INTP with clear I and moderate NTP. In particular on the T/F scale, I scored towards tender rather than tough, which is more typical of F. Also in the middle on critical/accepting. I think that's interesting because the issues I have about doubting my T-ness at times center around tough/tender. I believe sometimes you have to make an exception to the rule. It's not okay to just go ahead and proceed with something if it's going to end up hurting a bunch of people. Also, regarding critical/accepting- I believe in the truth but it's important to be tactful about it and sandwich the negatives with the positives. I used to be a lot more critical when I was younger, through experience and liking to be criticized myself, I've tempered this tendency quite a bit.

I also got midzone scores on one of the E/I scales: Enthusiastic/Quiet. Makes sense- sometimes I like livelier settings, other times I just want my peace and quiet. Midzone on experiential/theoretical. This one surprised me a bit, I see myself as more theoretical but when I think about it, I do like to gain firsthand experience, and sometimes there is no substitute for experience and practice for really understanding something. Also midzone on realistic/imaginative. I love new ideas and imagining things but I'm also realistic enough to have one foot on the ground and do want ideas that are actually likely to work.

I was out of preference for early starting on J/P but I suspect I'm more in the middle as I do find it difficult to start way before the deadline and often need deadlines to get me motivated in the first place. But I hate working under pressure, too much of it makes me cranky and I like having time afterwards to check my work and do a quality job.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

Maybe not the best, but I really like this test and it's free. I've already posted this test on other thread but I've decided to post it here cause if someone wants to maybe check it out, since it's not that popular.

Worldpersonality.com - test your personality
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The one here is actually decent.
    Last edited by highlander; 10-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Quint liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE Si

The one here is actually decent.
    I've taken that test many times and when I'm honest with myself, it's always INFP
    ESFJ 6w5-9w8-2w3 sp/so