1. ESTPs [based on brother and close friend]

Favorite Thing: (henceforth FT)

generosity
    desire to play the hero

Not so Favorite Thing: (NSFT)

project image on others as if it is reality

2. ESTJ [based on bosses, coworkers and policewoman aunt]

FT: ability to get things done

NSFT: tendency to run over people in the process then wonder why everyone's so worked up

.................................................. ............................................

3. ENTP: [based on boss, coworkers and martial arts trainer]

FT--ability to envision a positive change

NSFT--inability to understand the implications of those changes on the real lives of other people

.................................................. ..................................................

4. ENFP: [based on a boss and friends]

FT--ability to encourage and uplift and to be kind

NSFT--moodiness

.................................................. .................................................. ...

5. ENFJ: [based on my sister,a friend, and my administrative assistant]

FT--always encouraging and positive

NSFT--tendency to try to con their way through life.

.................................................. .................................................

6. ESFP: [based on students and a sister]

FT...funny and kind

NSFT...random, illogical and temperamental
    .................................................. ................................................

7. ENTJ: [based on a long-time acquaintance]

FT--brutal honesty

NSFT---also, brutal honesty

.................................................. ..................................................

8. ESFJ: [based on coworkers]

FT--compassionate, dependable

NSFT--tendency to be outspoken, involved in multiple activities and thus give the impression that they're never really listening to you and that maybe you are just another activity on the list of things to do.

.................................................. .................................................. .....

9. ISTJ: (based on multiple coworkers and family members)

FT--dependability, loyalty

NSFT--nit picky over unimportant details (i.e. ask me twenty times if I mailed a certain item or did a menial chore)

.................................................. .................................................

10. ISTP: [based on my training partner (male), who also happens to probably be my best friend, and on a co-worker, a female science teacher.]

FT: fearlessness...open-minded...willing to try anything and don't care what people think or say a bout it.

NSFT: sometimes, a little aloof and "mysterious"

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
    11. ISFP: (based on coworkers, family members and acquaintances)

FT--can be sweet and cute and funny

NSFT---can be TOO sweet, manipulative, and needy

.................................................. .................................................. .

12. ISFJ (based on my mother and about 60% of all the teachers I have had and the ones I currently work with. An overwhelming majority of elementary teachers are ISFJs and ISFPs with a few other types scattered about.)

FT--dependable and caring

NSFT--mother hen

.................................................. .................................................. ...
    13. INFP: (based on a close friend, an estranged friend, a deceased friend, and two co-workers.)

FT--quirkiness

NSFT--tendency to take three hours to do a thirty minute job and then take three book length volumes to explain what I think should be a three word answer.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    14. INTP: (based on a friend I knew in college (chemistry major) and a poet friend [yes, INTP poet...stranger things have happened!]

FT--childlike delight at discovery

NSFT--tendency to put a "curly cue" on EVERYTHING!!!! If I were to say "The pizza is good." My friend would have probably asked me to define good and then to tell how I know that good is good and pizza is pizza.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................
    15. INTJ: [based on my grand master, who also happens to be, along with the ISTP, my closest friend.]

FT...knows what I'm talking about without me having to try to explain the intangible.

NSFT...seems to value debate and gains satisfaction when his mental strategies and reasoning bests someone else.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................
    16.INFJ---I can't be fair about this one. But I don't apologize. It's inevitable.

FT--a desire to bring about a positive paradigm shift in the world

NSFT--that we don't have superpowers so that we can impose our benevolent will on the universe. [ we've been trying for thousands of years and haven't succeeded yet! LOL.]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

[...]
    7. ENTJ: [based on a long-time acquaintance]

FT--brutal honesty

NSFT---also, brutal honesty
    Love this. So true.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    Love this. So true.
    Thanks!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    14. INTP: (based on a friend I knew in college (chemistry major) and a poet friend [yes, INTP poet...stranger things have happened!]

FT--childlike delight at discovery

NSFT--tendency to put a "curly cue" on EVERYTHING!!!! If I were to say "The pizza is good." My friend would have probably asked me to define good and then to tell how I know that good is good and pizza is pizza.
    I see a lot of myself in this. A definition of "good" in terms of greasiness, cheesiness, and other basic ratios would be necessary to determine whether or not I would like the pizza as well. It often frustrates me that people will violently refuse to give me information for no reason other than that I don't "need" it.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by fghw View Post
    I see a lot of myself in this. A definition of "good" in terms of greasiness, cheesiness, and other basic ratios would be necessary to determine whether or not I would like the pizza as well. It often frustrates me that people will violently refuse to give me information for no reason other than that I don't "need" it.

It's okay for the most part, and I know it can't be helped, but it does get a little tiresome sometimes, having to derail the main point to define the details. That's probably the reason people do that to you.

Society

interesting and rather balanced thread concept...
    but every post having to be the whole 16 can make fun into drudgery, so instead:

IxFx's:

INFJ:

FT - skilled and often insightful in creating sociological models and avoiding negative consequences to others around them on a daily basis.

NSFT - terrible at seen themselves or acknowledging when they fail to do so, with consequentially escalating spirals & self-imposed ignorance.
    also (prediction incoming): will replace in their own NSFT any descriptions of flaws with a description of how hard it is to be them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFP:

FT - highly competent at reverse engineering experiences, stances, mental modes & situations that they've never had themselves.

NSFT - extremely prone to over simplifications and often too impatient to follow deductive reasoning, to the impairment of overall competence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISFJ:

FT - skilled storytellers of their own lives, they are able to see themselves against the long-arch of who they've being & tapping into a rich intellectual and often poetic folklore of potential meaning to derive.

NSFT - often use the vague entertaining of notions outside of their ream to claim openness & excuse an inability to actually incorporate them.

ISFP:

FT - a factual and unapologetic sense of awareness extending to themselves and all that they are able to account for around them.

NSFT - in contrast to their self awareness, they are often unskilled yet personal in determining the intentions & motivations of others.

Enneagram
    9w8

interesting and rather balanced thread concept...
    but every post having to be the whole 16 can make fun into drudgery, so instead:

Thank you. I try.

And fair enough. It could turn into drudgery, so yeah...pick and choose...I think it's a good idea.

Also, I liked reading your responses. I thought they were well-stated and honest.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

1. ESTP (E7)

FT: adventurous, and at the same time closet geek

NSFT: so adventurous that it makes me question their closet geek-iness. /I'm an sp dom.

2.ESTJ

FT: great at conversing in a relaxed atmosphere.

NSFT: They seem to jump to conclusions, and it's very hard to explain to them the "other person's side of the story" at that point.

.................................................. ............................................
    3. ENTP: No comment. Don't know enough irl.

4. ENFP:

FT--Their ability to be so kind is inspiring. And they are always growing. They don't become stagnant. It makes conversing with them fun.

NSFT-- They take a lot of things personally.

5. ENFJ:

FT-- They can say something really tactfully. Even if it's criticism. They can be very take charge and get stuff done as well.

NSFT-- One on one interactions seem like they're forced for them sometimes. Also don't try to take away their position once they have taken charge.

6. ESFP:

FT: Hilarious. Quick witted. We always instantly click.

NSFT: They can lack follow through.
    .................................................. ................................................

7. ENTJ:

FT: We get shit done dude.

NSFT: We sometimes have black and white thinking. Some can seem quite boring too.

8. ESFJ:

FT: So diplomatic. Looks out for everyone even the underdog. They can be very inspiring when they express what their ideal world would look like. Can be very funny and at the same time very dependable.

NSFT:Involved in multiple activities and thus give the impression that they're never really listening to you and that maybe you are just another activity on the list of things to do. (I liked Ene's)

.................................................. .................................................. .....

9. ISTJ:

FT: dependable and trustworthy

NSFT: Can hold on to silent resentment.

10. ISTP:

FT: Can be quite sociable in a group.

NSFT: Not so much one to one. Makes you wonder if something's wrong.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
    11. ISFP:

FT: Down to earth. Always know the basics. Easy to get along with. Natural givers.

NSFT: cynical. Don't seem to take others' worries seriously.

.................................................. .................................................. .

12. ISFJ

FT: Sensitive. Caring. Dependable to the max. Their eagerness to help is endearing.

NSFT: They worry too much. And care too much, it only hurts themselves though.

13. INFP:

FT: their randomness

NSFT: hard to read.

14. INTP:

FT: Can watch one TV show on something, and take that information and somehow know all the in's and out's of that subject. They have the ability to really understand how something works without having to read a book. I'm jealous.

NSFT: If they just stick to not making a laugh at someone's expense, then we're good. Some do that though. Not my brand of humor.

.................................................. .................................................. .........................
    15. INTJ: No comment, haven't met enough irl.
    .................................................. .................................................. ....................
    16.INFJ:

FT: They seem to have a lot of patience. And they could probably talk someone out of suicide if they had to. That's pretty impressive in my book. They know how to say the right thing at the right time.

NSFT: They are more sensitive then they let on.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12