User Tag List

123 Last

LadyLazarus

Default Rant: People who think MBTI has anything to do with the way people look.

Ok, so I skimmed this stupid blog thing about the hierarchy of attractiveness within MBTI:http://mbtitruths.blogspot.com/2013/...ctiveness.html. Yes skimmed...ok fine I just looked at the rankings, 'cause I don't have the attention span to read things anymore.

Anyway, wtf man, just wtf. How would this even work? Would people be born as their types first and foremost or something? Like, I wasn't born a girl, I was born an ISFP or something? Or, when someone's having a kid, the doctor is like "Oh no it's an XKWT, it's doomed to a life of ugliness and having an XKWT nose or something. We must put it back." Are genetics and the fact that none of us are (probably, maybe that time my dad went to get milk...) related not a thing? I've seen people say things like, "You look like an WKTH." What does that mean? What does a WKTH even look like? What does our personality even have to do with the way we where born looking?

I don't get it. Yeah maybe there are little similarities between people of a type, like maybe some other ISFP's have two freckles on their left arm or one of their eyebrows is also itchy. I think those are just coincidences though. But, I think it's kind of weird to think that all people of type look alike or must have similar mannerisms/features.

So, why or how do some people think MBTI has anything to do with the way someone looks? How would that even be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Ok, so I skimmed this stupid blog thing about the hierarchy of attractiveness within MBTI:http://mbtitruths.blogspot.com/2013/...ctiveness.html. Yes skimmed...ok fine I just looked at the rankings, 'cause I don't have the attention span to read things anymore.

Anyway, wtf man, just wtf. How would this even work? Would people be born as their types first and foremost or something? Like, I wasn't born a girl, I was born an ISFP or something? Or, when someone's having a kid, the doctor is like "Oh no it's an XKWT, it's doomed to a life of ugliness and having an XKWT nose or something. We must put it back." Are genetics and the fact that none of us are (probably, maybe that time my dad went to get milk...) related not a thing? I've seen people say things like, "You look like an WKTH." What does that mean? What does a WKTH look like? What does our personality even have to do with the way we where born looking?

I don't get it. Yeah maybe there are little similarities between people of a type, like maybe some other ISFP's have two freckles on their left arm or one of their eyebrows is also itchy. I think those are just coincidences though. But, I think it's kind of weird to think that all people of type look alike or must have similar mannerisms/features.

So, why or how do some people think MBTI has anything to do with the way someone looks? How would that be possible?
    Well I personally think that's a load of - pardon - crap. From videos and interaction with others on the other hand one might find patterns that may then later reinforce or dismiss an initial guess. Just a guess: The MBTI order of functions seems to be more hard-wired than then enneagram type which (from very limited data (one set :-)) seems to be more influenced by upbringing, surroundings, etc, especially wings.

Have you seen this and what follows? (hi @yeghor :-))
    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Don't know if you are still around... I identify more with EII INFj too...

People, could you please check this video and speculate on their mbti type as we'll as socionics type?

Edit: Corrected video

Wow, that's the dumbest thing I've read all week.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Wow, that's the dumbest thing I've read all week.
    My thoughts exactly.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Society

yes! a youtube typology personality worst in typology then DJ! it exists!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Goddamit.

I had written a post, but my phone died before I hit send, and the auto-restore apparently hadn't saved it.

Long story short: the author of that site is an idiot, and the ideas referenced are incredibly oversimplistic.

That being said, there are actually some correlations between type and appearance that I have found surprisingly reasonable.

For example:

I was surprised to find, upon doing research into somatotype, that the correlations in the above chart actually hold true for many people I know. And I can even see a sort of logic behind it all. And I believe the three somatotype actually make a lot of sense. So...

Also, in one of my favorite books on the Enneagram, the above somatotyping model (based on the work of Harry Sheldon) is referenced to produce a somatotype for each of the enneatypes, and I've found those correlations to hold surprisingly well as well...

In addition to that, certain mannerisms and behaviors that manifest in the external world do seem to be correlated to type, so these can have an effect on how types often seem to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Goddamit.

[...]

I was surprised to find, upon doing research into somatotype, that the correlations in the above chart actually hold true for many people I know. And I can even see a sort of logic behind it all. And I believe the three somatotype actually make a lot of sense. So...
    [...]
    Do you also keep track on how many people where the correlation doesn't hold true?
    My first reply was pretty much dominated by feelings though, and I'm ready to admit that, for example, if a person is physically hindered with a faiblesse for fat mixed with sugar then no wonder if he/she has an increased risk of getting obiese. That cause-and-effect almost borders to a tautology, while plain correlations on the hand do not necessarily imply any cause and effect relationship.

What do the three digits in the chart correspond to?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I skimmed the blog over, but I have no problems with the idea of it (the theory might not be sound, but it's far from ridiculous). If people are okay saying that iNtuitives have higher IQ on average than Sensing types, nobody objects. If someone says Sensing types look better than iNtuitive types on average, everyone loses their minds.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    Do you also keep track on how many people where the correlation doesn't hold true?
    I'm not really in the business of shitty thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    My first reply was pretty much dominated by feelings though, and I'm ready to admit that, for example, if a person is physically hindered with a faiblesse for fat mixed with sugar then no wonder if he/she has an increased risk of getting obiese. That cause-and-effect almost borders to a tautology, while plain correlations on the hand do not necessarily imply any cause and effect relationship.
    The correlations for the MBTI are IF = fat, ES = muscle, IT = skinny (nervous system).

In the Enneagram, it's e9 = fat, e3 = muscle, e6 = skinny (nervous sytem).

What do the three digits in the chart correspond to?
    Let me google that for you

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I skimmed the blog over, but I have no problems with the idea of it (the theory might not be sound, but it's far from ridiculous).
    It gets a bit stupid when you rank the types directly by where Se is located, if you ask me.

If people are okay saying that iNtuitives have higher IQ on average than Sensing types, nobody objects.
    Mmm... actually, people flip out about that shit on here all the time.

Frankly, tho, the evidence basically says as much.

But, hey, ISTJs are the smartest of the sensors!

If someone says Sensing types look better than iNtuitive types on average, everyone loses their minds.
    That wasn't the claim, I don't believe.

It was where Se, specifically, ranks.

As such, the SJs (and NPs) actually ranked below the NJs.

Once again, tho, I think this whole notion is rather stupid.

And I have considered the "SPs are most attractive" thesis.

The objectivity of attractiveness is slippery enough as is.

Adding in "where Se is in consciousness" just makes it too much.