• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What type are you, and what flaw/sin do you struggle with most?

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
For example, I am ENTP, and all my life the hardest thing for me to overcome has been pride. Pretty much anything I view as me doing something wrong leads back to pride. I was talking with my INFJ (best)friend about this, and she said she didn't struggle so much with pride but rather more like insecurity and low self esteem and such, and fear of not being accepted and such, and most of the flaws she found in her actions or personality or things that made her upset ended up leading back to insecurity.
So, I was wondering, what type are you, and what personality flaw do you struggle with in your life? If you can't figure out, think about times where people made you upset. Generally fights have problems on each side -- how did you contribute to the fight? What personality flaw could you trace back to this action?

Geonat

For example, I am ENTP, and all my life the hardest thing for me to overcome has been pride. Pretty much anything I view as me doing something wrong leads back to pride. I was talking with my INFJ (best)friend about this, and she said she didn't struggle so much with pride but rather more like insecurity and low self esteem and such, and fear of not being accepted and such, and most of the flaws she found in her actions or personality or things that made her upset ended up leading back to insecurity.
So, I was wondering, what type are you, and what personality flaw do you struggle with in your life? If you can't figure out, think about times where people made you upset. Generally fights have problems on each side -- how did you contribute to the fight? What personality flaw could you trace back to this action?

Hello! I would say that for me personally it is cowardice, both when standing up for myself and defending others. This is likely not something that distinguishes INFJs in general, though. On the other hand, on the few occasions when I actually helped someone in immediate distress (semi-unconsciously figuring out the odds of self-destruction re altruistic behaviour) I felt extremely good inside and proud. Could be my inferior Se that every now and then overrides everything. I'm better at this when I'm low and everything seems hopeless, because then my self-preservation (sp in the enneagram so/sx/sp) falls too.

Edit: Especially when in this mode, which temporarily takes away all anxiety - some sort of chemical thing:
"And carrying this absurd logic to its conclusion, I must admit that that stryggle implies a total absence of hope (which has nothing to do with despair), a continual rejection (which must not be confused with renunciation), and a conscious dissatisfaction (which must not be compared to immature unrest). Everything that destroys, conjures away, or exorcises these requirements (and, to begin with, consent which overthrows divorce) ruins the absurd and devalues the attitude that may then be proposed. The absurd has meaning only insofar as it is not agreed to." The myth of Sisyphus (Albert Camus)

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Hello! I would say that for me personally it is cowardice, both when standing up for myself and defending others. This is likely not something that distinguishes INFJs in general, though. On the other hand, on the few occasions when I actually helped someone in immediate distress (semi-unconsciously figuring out the odds of self-destruction re altruistic behaviour) I felt extremely good inside and proud. Could be my inferior Se that every now and then overrides everything. I'm better at this when I'm low and everything seems hopeless, because then my self-preservation (sp in the enneagram so/sx/sp) falls too.

Edit: Especially when in this mode, which temporarily takes away all anxiety - some sort of chemical thing:
"And carrying this absurd logic to its conclusion, I must admit that that stryggle implies a total absence of hope (which has nothing to do with despair), a continual rejection (which must not be confused with renunciation), and a conscious dissatisfaction (which must not be compared to immature unrest). Everything that destroys, conjures away, or exorcises these requirements (and, to begin with, consent which overthrows divorce) ruins the absurd and devalues the attitude that may then be proposed. The absurd has meaning only insofar as it is not agreed to." The myth of Sisyphus (Albert Camus)

You know, I love the really friendly feel so many INFJs such as yourself puts off :) But that's very interesting... I need to study the Jungian functions more. They seem really, really fascinating. (Also, I like your quote, "It is difficult to know thyself." Very true. It's so difficult to discover all about yourself, makes you wonder how much more there is to learn about the people around you..)

L

LadyLazarus

ISFP and I struggle most with envy and wrath.

Also, I struggle with not setting opossums on fire whenever I see them. *[gracefully]convulses*

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP - and my greatest flaws are wrath and sloth (equally).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP and my greatest flaw are other people

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sloth, envy and gluttony. In that order.

Geonat

No, I read Camus L'Etranger and then I had enough of existentialism. They think too much about themselves in my eyes

Don't remember much of the book, but "Hell is other people" or something similar is a famous quotation of his. Might hold some pieces of the puzzle for you (if there is any to solve).
"The stranger" is a favourite. Guilty as charged. Hopefully it will pass.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think many of these are straightforward of sinful. They stem from something more fundamental which can be used properly or improperly. If something becomes something someone would label a sin, it's something more fundamental being used improperly.

So there's not a good answer, but here it is:

Pride- meaning overly attached to my ego, being in some ways too high and in some ways too low, too influenced by outside factors, and my self esteem not being unconditional.
Envy- with a touch of possessiveness, stemming from feelings of lack

Everything else I'm fine with.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Don't remember much of the book, but "Hell is other people" or something similar is a famous quotation of his. Might hold some pieces of the puzzle for you (if there is any to solve).
"The stranger" is a favourite. Guilty as charged. Hopefully it will pass.

:)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Envy comes from a bad self-confidence.

Sloth and gluttony I dont know what this means

rQxc9SB.jpg

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gluttony on the outside. I openly struggle with this.

Secretly Sloth on the inside. You would never know that irl.