• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What type are you, and what flaw/sin do you struggle with most?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Don't remember much of the book, but "Hell is other people" or something similar is a famous quotation of his. Might hold some pieces of the puzzle for you (if there is any to solve).
"The stranger" is a favourite. Guilty as charged. Hopefully it will pass.

Yeah hell is other people (l'enfer c'est les autres). Fits me too. But this quote is from Jean-Paul Sartre, not Albert Camus. Both were existentialist writers though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indulgence.

Geonat

I know (read previous posts, could have been less sloppy in my reply though) :)

G

Ginkgo

Envy.

I feel like Pride acts as a subconscious precursor for the rest because if you didn't hold on to some sense of self-importance then you would change for the better.

Pride!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gluttony, sloth, and lust

Last edited:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Lol, why isn't this already in the enneagram forum?
Mine is also sloth, but that is generally a problem in the western societies. I actually don't have a problem with gluttony.

S

Stansmith

xSFP; Pride, Envy, Remorse, Complacency and Self-Absorption.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
frivolity in combo with venity

melliejelly

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
Slothhh
Though when I was younger it was Envy (back when I had self-esteem issues and a really bad Ugly Duckling Phase)

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sloth, without a doubt. I think that's more related to e9 than INFP though.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Gluttony and envy tie for first place, followed very closely by sloth, though sloth is more outwardly apparent.

Pinker85

ISFP possibly ESFP here. Gluttony and lust. When I was younger I had issues with overeating and even now there's a tendency to overdo things. I think a lot of this is just related to being very emotional and trying to suppress or deal with my emotions. I love colors, glittery things, overdone and large things etc. Anything that seems like an expression of joyfulness, ebullience, and desire to make things more pleasant and happy for others. I'm not saying neon flashing colors constantly, but stuff that in my mind exudes warmth and emotion. So if I make you cupcakes, they are going to be all out and presented with tons of frilly packaging and fanfare. I feel guilt about this. Fight against this tendency cause it's wasteful and not very green. It's frivolous. Lust shows up in having a hard time with monogamy and being chronically aroused and way too kinky. I'm always fighting a very hedonistic nature.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Envy, lust and avarice...probably wrath too, what the heck.

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
- Envy (if you are referring to LONGING which is type 4 envy) - this is pervasive to the point where I didn't even realize it until I thought it through for a long time. But once I saw it, it was beyond obvious and pervasive.

The ones I notice more readily
- Lust - I have written for years "lust is the root and route of all evil" - and I am referring to lust exactly the way it is meant for type 8.. objectification, conquest, thirst to fill the emptiness etc; not just sexual lust and desire, which I would associate more with SX
- Pride
- Avarice

I'm 7-fixed quite clearly but I don't relate to gluttony as directly as I do to lust & pride, and even avarice which is my wing. Even if I decide I'm actually a 4w3 (still loosely on the table), I'd still have to say that avarice stands out more to me.

The only argument for gluttony being HUGE for me is if by gluttony, you mean "desire." I don't desire lots of things but I REALLY REALLY fucking want the things I want, obsessively. If that's "gluttony" then put that one up there with lust.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Lust (for kicks...for stuff that gives you a rush of dopamine, serotonine or adrenalin, be it sexual or something else)
Pride

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For example, I am ENTP, and all my life the hardest thing for me to overcome has been pride.

ENTP as well. Maybe pride. I can be very hard on myself if I'm not being "successful" in the world's eyes.

But yeah,sloth, lack of motivation. I think ENTPs have a high dietary need for stimulation, more so than most types. Whether it be interesting convos or new experiences. So if you exhaust those resources of stimulation or can't seem to find new ones, you can be in a world of hurt, coupled with lack of motivation.

Geonat

ISFP possibly ESFP here. Gluttony and lust. When I was younger I had issues with overeating and even now there's a tendency to overdo things. I think a lot of this is just related to being very emotional and trying to suppress or deal with my emotions. I love colors, glittery things, overdone and large things etc. Anything that seems like an expression of joyfulness, ebullience, and desire to make things more pleasant and happy for others. I'm not saying neon flashing colors constantly, but stuff that in my mind exudes warmth and emotion. So if I make you cupcakes, they are going to be all out and presented with tons of frilly packaging and fanfare. I feel guilt about this. Fight against this tendency cause it's wasteful and not very green. It's frivolous. Lust shows up in having a hard time with monogamy and being chronically aroused and way too kinky. I'm always fighting a very hedonistic nature.
I think everyone should love you just the way you are (and they probably do secretly if not publicly). You spread happiness and love and doing yourself a favor at the same time. This monogamy thing is just a fanatic cultural thing and is not a sin or flaw in itself. Just make sure to be clear and honest about it with your partners from the beginning or something like that :)

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ - Pride - "...satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own choices and actions"

:encore: