User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default NJs: How do you relate to Ni as the Intuition of time (Socionics concept)?

Well, it isn't really a concept exclusive to Socionics Ni, but the emphasis is a bit different isn't it. Does this resonate with you?

White (introverted) intuition Ni

All processes take place in time; they have their roots in the past and their continuation in the future. Time is the correlation between events that follow each other. This perceptual element provides information about the sequence of events and people's deeds, about their cause and effect relationship, and about participants' attitudes towards this — that is, about people's feelings that these relationships engender.

Such an individual perceives information from without as feelings about the future, past, and present. For example, a sense of hurriedness, calmness, or heatedness, a sense of timeliness or prematureness, a sense of proper or improper life rhythm, a sense of impending danger or safety, anticipation, fear of being late, a sense of seeing the future, anxiety about what lies ahead, and so forth. At any given moment of one's life one has such a sense of time. One cannot live outside of time or be indifferent toward it. Thus, a certain sense of time is an integral part of the individual's psychological state at any given moment. This perceptual element defines a person's ability or inability to forecast and plan for the future, evade all sorts of troubles, avoid taking wrong actions, and learn from past experience.

When this element is in the leading position, the individual possesses innate strategic abilities and is able to choose the most optimal moments for different activities: when to give battle, if necessary, and when to avoid battle, when that would be more appropriate. Interaction in time might be interpreted as the ability to avoid collisions with objects and hence avoid objects' reflection within oneself.
    Ni as a base (1st) function (IEI and ILI)

As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base Ni may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I like Socionics' emphasis on the flow of time and the unfolding of events when it comes to Ni.

That being said, I've seen better descriptions of it.

I don't like the first one much at all - it's clunky.

The second one is better, but it's short.

Time is spherical

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Very well; it's within Jung's domain. This is why extroverted NJ's would often appear to be dynamically productive; their Ni quickly puts the pieces together in the background. The introverted NJ's may see too many mapped-out routes, if their second functions aren't utilized sufficiently/properly. Hence, although they might know what to do next... they might be hesitant to take action if they do not practice acting on their fully "thought-out" 'whims'. Eventually, they may learn to get the hang of it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Time is spherical
    This hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    This hurts.
    I had this all worked out in my head too, but whenever I try to write it down or verbalize it, it comes out garbled and incoherent.

Maybe some Ni people could make sense of it, or more likely completely scuttle the idea.

Infinite Bubble

I really like the second one, seems pretty much spot on. The first one is iffy.

Time is spherical
    You mean nonlinear; an ocean rather than a river?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I really like the second one, seems pretty much spot on. The first one is iffy.

You mean nonlinear; an ocean rather than a river?
    Sort of.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Time is spherical
    Spherical. I've long thought of it as cyclical, but spherical. Huh. Thank you for this mind-bit to play with...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I had this all worked out in my head too, but whenever I try to write it down or verbalize it, it comes out garbled and incoherent.

Maybe some Ni people could make sense of it, or more likely completely scuttle the idea.
    No, you were just indirectly calling me fat.