• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] In general what type(s) are you most likely to butt heads with upon meeting them?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's fine that once you get to know each other become friends.

This is not a type bashing thread, it's more about your personal experiences with first impressions. If you want to rant about a type take it somewhere else

For me it's entjs. We tend to rarely start off on the right foot. But usually once we get to know each other we get along great and respect each other. Just have to get through a rocky start. Both parties tend to have strong negative reactions to one another

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Other ExTx types aren't easy to get along with, especially in a work setting. Overall, I'd say ESTx types, especially young and ambitious ones - they tend to be really bossy, arrogant, and tactless (I am partially these things too but they often blow it out of proportion).

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First impressions
INTP
ENTP

Middle of the conversation
ESFJ
ENFJ

Over a few days
ISFJ
INFJ

Weeks
ISFP
INFP

Months
ESFP
ENFP

Years
ISTP
ESTP

Decades
ENTJ
INTJ

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mostly people that disagree or try to change the way I should think and act by criticizing me. I find it an obstruction of my freedom.

Also, anyone that I suspect that is potentially untrustworthy or dangerous.

This is regardless of type, but there are types that have a tendency to do this more often than others

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We butt heads at first but end up being buddies: sometimes ENTPs. ISTPs, although it's less that we butt heads and more that we have this initial mistrust towards one another

the opposite situation (we get along well at first but sometimes end up clashing): ESFP, ESFJ, ESTP, occasionally other INFPs

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ExTPs -- especially ENTPs. They bring out the humorless jerk in me if I'm not prepared.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know of any, but maybe it's a one sided dynamic of which I'm not aware. I guess people who don't find interesting anything I want to talk about and like people who talk a lot would be people who would not have a good impression of me, especially if they value competence in areas in which I'm not proficient. So I would be annoyed by people who expect from me things I can't give.

I wouldn't mind talking a lot, but the things I think about 90% of the time don't make for good casual conversation. And most of the things most people find interesting I find incredibly boring.

Edit: So that might be all the SJ's and about half the SP's.
Edit: and mostly extroverts

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Mostly people that disagree or try to change the way I should think and act by criticizing me. I find it an obstruction of my freedom.

Also, anyone that I suspect that is potentially untrustworthy or dangerous.

This is regardless of type, but there are types that have a tendency to do this more often than others

I agree but I'm talking about the types that happen more often.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know of any, but maybe it's a one sided dynamic of which I'm not aware. I guess people who don't find interesting anything I want to talk about and like people who talk a lot would be people who would not have a good impression of me, especially if they value competence in areas in which I'm not proficient. So I would be annoyed by people who expect from me things I can't give.

I wouldn't mind talking a lot, but the things I think about 90% of the time don't make for good casual conversation. And most of the things most people find interesting I find incredibly boring.

I'm not talking about one sided situations

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverts

Why? Does it have anything to do with what I theorized about wanting people to talk a lot? If so, what kinds of things would you want to talk about and what would alternatives be for people who don't find those interesting? Would it just annoy you to not have common interests?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably SFJs just because they tend not to approve of me and I resent being expected to live up to their standards.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not talking about one sided situations

So I would be annoyed by people who expect from me things I can't give.

Edit: So that might be all the SJ's and about half the SP's.
Edit: and mostly extroverts

Good enough? I wouldn't be annoyed by all those people, but in the event that they expect me to be something I'm not and do things I don't find rewarding I would be annoyed.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Social doms - irl (on here, no prob cause there's a buffer)
-INTPs (the pedantic ones :/ )
-cynical ppl in general
-ppl that want me to smile when nothing's funny

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Good enough? I wouldn't be annoyed by all those people, but in the event that they expect me to be something I'm not and do things I don't find rewarding I would be annoyed.

I was clarifying.which I shouldn't have needed to since butt heads is in the title

á´…eparted

passages
Why? Does it have anything to do with what I theorized about wanting people to talk a lot? If so, what kinds of things would you want to talk about and what would alternatives be for people who don't find those interesting? Would it just annoy you to not have common interests?

I don't take issues with introverts, but of all the people I butt heads with the vast majority of them are introvertsm it is just different thought processes, and the way I resolve conflict doesn't go over well with the ones I do butt heads with and there is still unresolved problems. Of the people I butt heads with the common theme is passivity, beating around the bush, unwillingness to voice their opinions directly, and not listening (i.e. doing the same thing despite it being wrong). I rarely meet extroverts that I cant at least even out with.