• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverts and Introverts and how much they enjoy/enjoyed the bar/club scene?

Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

• Total voters

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious to see if there are many extroverts who actually dont really like the Bar/club scene (if you're older, you can just say if you DID or DID NOT like it when you where in that age range)...and dont be a revisionist ;)...really think about how you felt back then and not your opinions of it now

then i figured i might as well ask the introverts as well :) . I like meeting and talking to new people...but i often find that the type of people who are attracted to the bar/club scene are just not the kinds of people i tend to enjoy. I also usually find the level of conversation not what i enjoy either.

I also sometimes dont really like "parties" for the same reasons as above ^... but i would still consider myself and Extrovert and someone who is much happier 'out' doing something. I just want confirmation that it has more to do with the drinking/drinking games atmosphere than the extroverted activity (i dont mean this to mean i dont like alcohol....its just that id rather have less and have better quality....which is not the MO of most of my friends)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an Introvert that abhors bars and clubs.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an introvert so big surprise coming here.

I have gone to clubs like ... twice in my life. I hated every minute of it. I was so out of my element and in the moment I felt like I was wasting my time. Would have rather been at home reading a book. Definitely would not have gone unless friends dragged me there.

They lied to me. Said I'd have a good time!! :wtf:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am a very expressed Extrovert, and it really depends. I love a good party or to go out drinking with my buddies. I also like to dance at the hardcore dance places and to see live music. I am not a big fan of the giant bar/clubs that have piped-in top 40 and are packed wall-to-wall. I like to hear myself think and speak when I am out at bars. I also try to hit places with good music on jukeboxes and a really kickass beer and liquor selection. Those places tend not to be excessively loud, especially on weeknights.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I hate bars, unless I'm there to see a really good band. But even in that case, I want to just be there with my friends and dig the music. I don't want to be hit on; I don't want to make smalltalk; I don't want to dance, necessarily. I just want to hear the band. In the absence of band, I hate bars. I find them depressing places with depressing people.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a very expressed Extrovert, and it really depends. I love a good party or to go out drinking with my buddies. I also like to dance at the hardcore dance places and to see live music. I am not a big fan of the giant bar/clubs that have piped-in top 40 and are packed wall-to-wall. I like to hear myself think and speak when I am out at bars. I also try to hit places with good music on jukeboxes and a really kickass beer and liquor selection. Those places tend not to be excessively loud, especially on weeknights.

im almost 100% in agreeance with you. the nights where i would say, "well it was a bar/party and i enjoyed myself" were the nights where i could hear myself think! also the nights where "we" changed bars/left for food etc. I get bored of them easily....like its not like how an introvert gets "tired", i just bored. one can only enjoy the same types of typical bar/club convos with a bunch of drunks for so long (unless you yourself are drunk ;))

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
im almost 100% in agreeance with you. the nights where i would say, "well it was a bar/party and i enjoyed myself" were the nights where i could hear myself think! also the nights where "we" changed bars/left for food etc. I get bored of them easily....like its not like how an introvert gets "tired", i just bored. one can only enjoy the same types of typical bar/club convos with a bunch of drunks for so long (unless you yourself are drunk ;))

I agree, except I like to stay longer at the bars and get a feel for the place. I also can't stand shuttling around while tipsy or drunk. I'll make a quick assessment of a place early on, and I'll bounce after a drink or two if it's not my scene. I don't do serious pub crawls, though. Oh, and the presence of females is quite important, too. I wish more single women would show up to the serious beer bars.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, except I like to stay longer at the bars and get a feel for the place. I also can't stand shuttling around while tipsy or drunk. I'll make a quick assessment of a place early on, and I'll bounce after a drink or two if it's not my scene. I don't do serious pub crawls, though. Oh, and the presence of females is quite important, too. I wish more single women would show up to the serious beer bars.

the female presence is VERY important! but thats the thing, like you said of single women. Single women go to the bar with their army of girlfriends...and that can be difficult in any meaningful way (unless i just woo the whole group...which does/can happen :party2:)...and the rest are well, "with" someone. the worst is when they entertain your approach and then way too late in the convo drop "...ya! well my boyfriend and I ______" and its like on my part, why the **** are you flirting back with me and waited this long to tell me??!!!

:offtopic:
the two words i have come to despise: "...My boyfriend..." its to the point now where even if its just me over hearing that word combo it bugs me. 1. its like they are taking possetion of him and using it almost a name drop or status symbol 2. im just so tired of hearing those words after a long and awesome talk to some girl im about to ask out....

/end rant... back to the topic!

MBTI Type
INxJ
I like Jazz clubs and Piano bars. The mood is more mellow. Wine and privacy. Older people generally go.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Personally Falcarius dislikes most bars and clubs. He does not understand what the point in going to a club night that does not even play music he likes when he could just listen to music on his computer. Having said that when a band he likes are playing live he does not mind nightclubs.:yes:

As for bars, he dislikes them as well as the people who tend to hang out in them are obnoxious punks.:steam:

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
I went into a club once... I stayed for about five minutes. I'm in no hurry to go back.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
As for bars, he dislikes them as well as the people who tend to hang out in them are obnoxious punks.:steam:

MBTIc company excepted, I hope. :hi: However, I won't disagree completely. After having spent some considerable time in bars in my 20s, I've met some really interesting and fun people, and also some of the sorriest excuses for human beings you'll find around.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I like lounge-y bars where you can chill out in the corner on a comfy couch. Any place where I have to yell in order to be heard is out.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been to a bar or a club, where do I vote?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I like lounge-y bars where you can chill out in the corner on a comfy couch. Any place where I have to yell in order to be heard is out.

Ditto.

Basically, if it's possible to sit somewhere and have intimate conversation without being bothered, that's okay. But the bar and club "scene" tends to be loud and crowded, so it makes me want to hide under a rock.

I was in a bar recently with my INTJ friend. It wasn't crowded at all, but it struck me that there seem to be behaviors that are acceptable in bars that aren't acceptable anywhere else--like an older man making lewd gestures at the young female bartender. Everybody laughed, but the INTJ and I just exchanged bewildered (and yeah, judgmental) glances. It made me uncomfortable. I guess I'm too uptight for most bars. Even once I have several beers in me, I am still not the kind of woman who is interested in strangers making suggestive comments or sexual gestures at me. That's when I fire up my big neon "FUCK OFF" sign.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the smell and unknown aggressiveness of those around you that really get on my nerves. Especially the smell. Sometimes my relatively-unconscious sense of empathy just "feels" the mood of everyone around me, and I feel a continual "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" urge in the back of my mind (distinctly unconscious, but louder than normal).

The place where we had the NC meetup was OK, but if the party happened outside that private room I probably would've found/invented a reason to leave early. A bar/lounge is fine as long as I'm blissfully ignorant of the "bar" part and as long as the "lounge" is filled with people I actually care about. The private room, OTOH, was fantastic.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty introverted but still like people in general.

I can't say whether I like(d) the scene or not, I have to be in the mood.
And I certainly couldn't do it all the time, I'd get bored.
But it's good sometimes just to be out.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Yep. There's a few bars here with patios which I love because you can actually hear the people you're with, and make yourself heard. My voice doesn't carry well, unless I don't want it to. *ahem*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. There's a few bars here with patios which I love because you can actually hear the people you're with, and make yourself heard.

Yes, "volume" is always an issue, I hate having to shout constantly to be heard. :(

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well I like bars, especially if there's a great beer selection. Or, if there is live (particularly acoustic) music. But am not into nightclubs where obnoxiously loud boom-chick-boom-chick DJ music is playing.