User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Extrovert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

6 8.45%
  • I'm an Extrovert and I did not/do not like the bar/club scene

8 11.27%
  • I'm an introvert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

16 22.54%
  • I'm an introvert and I disliked/dislike the bar/club scene

41 57.75%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Default Extroverts and Introverts and how much they enjoy/enjoyed the bar/club scene?

I'm curious to see if there are many extroverts who actually dont really like the Bar/club scene (if you're older, you can just say if you DID or DID NOT like it when you where in that age range)...and dont be a revisionist ...really think about how you felt back then and not your opinions of it now

then i figured i might as well ask the introverts as well . I like meeting and talking to new people...but i often find that the type of people who are attracted to the bar/club scene are just not the kinds of people i tend to enjoy. I also usually find the level of conversation not what i enjoy either.

I also sometimes dont really like "parties" for the same reasons as above ^... but i would still consider myself and Extrovert and someone who is much happier 'out' doing something. I just want confirmation that it has more to do with the drinking/drinking games atmosphere than the extroverted activity (i dont mean this to mean i dont like alcohol....its just that id rather have less and have better quality....which is not the MO of most of my friends)

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm an Introvert that abhors bars and clubs.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm an introvert so big surprise coming here.

I have gone to clubs like ... twice in my life. I hated every minute of it. I was so out of my element and in the moment I felt like I was wasting my time. Would have rather been at home reading a book. Definitely would not have gone unless friends dragged me there.

They lied to me. Said I'd have a good time!!

I am a very expressed Extrovert, and it really depends. I love a good party or to go out drinking with my buddies. I also like to dance at the hardcore dance places and to see live music. I am not a big fan of the giant bar/clubs that have piped-in top 40 and are packed wall-to-wall. I like to hear myself think and speak when I am out at bars. I also try to hit places with good music on jukeboxes and a really kickass beer and liquor selection. Those places tend not to be excessively loud, especially on weeknights.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I hate bars, unless I'm there to see a really good band. But even in that case, I want to just be there with my friends and dig the music. I don't want to be hit on; I don't want to make smalltalk; I don't want to dance, necessarily. I just want to hear the band. In the absence of band, I hate bars. I find them depressing places with depressing people.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am a very expressed Extrovert, and it really depends. I love a good party or to go out drinking with my buddies. I also like to dance at the hardcore dance places and to see live music. I am not a big fan of the giant bar/clubs that have piped-in top 40 and are packed wall-to-wall. I like to hear myself think and speak when I am out at bars. I also try to hit places with good music on jukeboxes and a really kickass beer and liquor selection. Those places tend not to be excessively loud, especially on weeknights.
    im almost 100% in agreeance with you. the nights where i would say, "well it was a bar/party and i enjoyed myself" were the nights where i could hear myself think! also the nights where "we" changed bars/left for food etc. I get bored of them easily....like its not like how an introvert gets "tired", i just bored. one can only enjoy the same types of typical bar/club convos with a bunch of drunks for so long (unless you yourself are drunk )

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    im almost 100% in agreeance with you. the nights where i would say, "well it was a bar/party and i enjoyed myself" were the nights where i could hear myself think! also the nights where "we" changed bars/left for food etc. I get bored of them easily....like its not like how an introvert gets "tired", i just bored. one can only enjoy the same types of typical bar/club convos with a bunch of drunks for so long (unless you yourself are drunk )
    I agree, except I like to stay longer at the bars and get a feel for the place. I also can't stand shuttling around while tipsy or drunk. I'll make a quick assessment of a place early on, and I'll bounce after a drink or two if it's not my scene. I don't do serious pub crawls, though. Oh, and the presence of females is quite important, too. I wish more single women would show up to the serious beer bars.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I agree, except I like to stay longer at the bars and get a feel for the place. I also can't stand shuttling around while tipsy or drunk. I'll make a quick assessment of a place early on, and I'll bounce after a drink or two if it's not my scene. I don't do serious pub crawls, though. Oh, and the presence of females is quite important, too. I wish more single women would show up to the serious beer bars.
    the female presence is VERY important! but thats the thing, like you said of single women. Single women go to the bar with their army of girlfriends...and that can be difficult in any meaningful way (unless i just woo the whole group...which does/can happen )...and the rest are well, "with" someone. the worst is when they entertain your approach and then way too late in the convo drop "...ya! well my boyfriend and I ______" and its like on my part, why the **** are you flirting back with me and waited this long to tell me??!!!

the two words i have come to despise: "...My boyfriend..." its to the point now where even if its just me over hearing that word combo it bugs me. 1. its like they are taking possetion of him and using it almost a name drop or status symbol 2. im just so tired of hearing those words after a long and awesome talk to some girl im about to ask out....

/end rant... back to the topic!

MBTI
    INxJ

I like Jazz clubs and Piano bars. The mood is more mellow. Wine and privacy. Older people generally go.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Personally Falcarius dislikes most bars and clubs. He does not understand what the point in going to a club night that does not even play music he likes when he could just listen to music on his computer. Having said that when a band he likes are playing live he does not mind nightclubs.

As for bars, he dislikes them as well as the people who tend to hang out in them are obnoxious punks.:steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

The ultimate in bizarre: a cross between an ostrich, a gorilla, and Edward Scissorhands.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: