• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverts and Introverts and how much they enjoy/enjoyed the bar/club scene?

Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

• Total voters

MedGirl

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I was wondering about this... is there anyone (introvert or extrovert) who enjoys the bar/club scene WITHOUT drinking?

I'm on the introvert/extrovert borderline... I like going to bars and clubs occasionally, but even when I'm feeling pretty extroverted I still need a couple of drinks not to feel totally overwhelmed by the noise and crowd.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was wondering about this... is there anyone (introvert or extrovert) who enjoys the bar/club scene WITHOUT drinking?

I'm kind of on the border, but it really depends on who I'm with and what the club or bar is like.

Clubs: only if I have a person to dance with who I don't feel self-conscious around
Bars: the music has to be kind of low and I have to be in a mood to connect with someone

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I posted already about clubs but I don't think I addressed bars.

Bars can be fun. I used to go to this place in NC called 'The Taproom'. It had a bunch of local brews on tap and also had a great selection of wines.
I had a friend I'd go and drink wine with and it was always a good time with good conversation.

Intimate gatherings I'll go for, but if too many people jump into the group I'll end up getting pushed to the outskirts because I'm not very assertive in a group setting.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
I mostly like these places as long as the noise level is bearable: it must be possible to talk, even in loud tone, but without having to scream directly in the ear. Ah, and the music can be anything but rock/punk: I like metal, house, dance, jazz, oriental, even some latino, anything, but rock/punk makes me sad. I don't want to meet new people, unless I'm hunting for a new girlfriend, I just enjoy the place and *watching* the people (I suppose this indicates I'm an Introvert Sensor..). I don't dance unless I'm with my girlfriend and everyone else is dancing. I always drink at least a beer.
All in all, I like bars a lot, but clubs I can definitely do without.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
ehe, as an introvert, i dislike the club scene... but there is one quiet bar that i love to go to... i can sit at that bar for 4-5 hours just watching people and relaxing and socializing without any of the loud music and crowded stuff... i love that bar ab drinking and socializing at that bar...

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I rarely enjoy myself in a club... I like to talk to people when I'm somewhere for a few hours straight. And I can't dance :p Or I can but I don't enjoy it whatever.
Bars are alright, just you and a few friends sit and talk with some drinks and cigs.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
In the day when I partied hearty I used to hang out in bars several times a week. Now, if I am not drinking, I go for a while to be with friends but when others begin gettin' stoopid there isn't much meaningful conversation going on and I lose interest.

I've always thought it fun to look at a bar crowd as a microcosm of society and figure out who the mayor and councilmen are, who's the town drunk, the drones, the minister and his secretary, the police, the criminals, the reporters. Like that. It's interesting.

But you have to be "of" in order to do that and I am no longer so.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i'm not big on it.

bar scene is ok. playing pool, having a good convo is nice. i just don't want to get ripped off with everything that i do. $1 for pool, $5 for drinks... it gets too much. i could do the same with my friends in a flat and a nice couch.

club scene? yuck. it's completely shallow and materialistic. it's also way too crammed and hot. forget it.