User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Extrovert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

6 8.45%
  • I'm an Extrovert and I did not/do not like the bar/club scene

8 11.27%
  • I'm an introvert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

16 22.54%
  • I'm an introvert and I disliked/dislike the bar/club scene

41 57.75%
First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm an extrovert, but I hate loud noises. I HATE clubs- I don't like to dance and I strongly dislike it when strangers dare touch me. I'm not a fan of bars that are too loud to talk in or highly "modern and sophisticated" either.

On the other hand, there's nothing better than finding a nice hole in the wall dive to frequent with your friends every week for social hour(s)- somewhere where you can get into great debates or conversations over you drinks and perhaps even challenge one another to pool.

In other words, I'm not sure which option to choose from above ... I love some bars, but I HATE the club scene!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    In other words, I'm not sure which option to choose from above ... I love some bars, but I HATE the club scene!
    I agree with you. Bars and clubs are totally different.

I'd never go into a bar by myself. But if I went with a couple friends I'd probably have a great time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

They are nice in moderation, ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm an extrovert, but in bar/club situations I become extremely shy and quiet because I do not feel comfy. In other situations, such as teaching large groups and participating in group settings other than bars/clubs, I feel great. Like large groups at someone's house. Or a large wedding where the atmosphere is nice. Or small chit-chat groups in front of the fireplace over a nice bottle of red wine. That is why I always answer '2-3' out of 4-5 when I have to answer questions like that.

Bars and clubs are definitely NOT my thing, though. There are other ways to party that are much more fun.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm an extrovert, but I hate loud noises. I HATE clubs- I don't like to dance and I strongly dislike it when strangers dare touch me. I'm not a fan of bars that are too loud to talk in or highly "modern and sophisticated" either.

On the other hand, there's nothing better than finding a nice hole in the wall dive to frequent with your friends every week for social hour(s)- somewhere where you can get into great debates or conversations over you drinks and perhaps even challenge one another to pool.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp

i love clubs

i love how u can seduce a woman without even talkin after u start dancing together

so little effort. lol i mean u just have fun dancing and getting hot flashes on the dance floor! its like they turn into silly putty if u can groove vibes together.

this is why if i ever have a daughter, i will never let her go clubbing.

what if she met some guy like me? hellzzzzzzzzzzz nah!

MBTI
    INTJ

I picked 'like' because, well, I've gone clubbing about once a month on average since I was 18; I guess that means I like it. A qualification is that I only go to clubs within my particular subculture where I enjoy the music and know many of the other regulars. I go partly to attend concerts, partly to dance and partly to see people in an informal environment.

... Hmm, come to think of it, why am I not at a club right now? Should've seen this thread earlier tonight.

MBTI
    INTP

Introvert here. I can tell you I'm too old to be standing out on Cahuenga waiting to get into whatever the latest hottest club is. I don't want to pay a cover either. If I'm going to hear a band that's one thing, but like no-name dj or standard entrance fee, yeah, no thanks.

When I was younger, I'd wait outside in the snow w/no coat on because it'd be such a hassle to have inside. Man, how nuts.

I used to love to go dancing. Stevie B, Lisa Lisa, freestyle, I was all over that sh#t. I'd go to metal bars. Wasn't too into new wave, early alt but if the place had cheap beer, we'd give it a try.

The whole concept then, (and sadly even now), of having game was completely lost on me. I just knew if I was going out more I'd be more in a groove once I got there. I was really crap at starting convos but once the first few lines were out of the way I found I'd have some satisfying exchanges.

That's kinda how it is now in a way. I really rarely get out though. Generally it's been w/someone I haven't seen in a long while so convo never ventures past our table. I tend to like the energy of a loud somewhat crowded bar. I would like a place to sit! Mostly, I'll go to sports bars or at least places where I can watch a game. There are times I'd like it on the dull side so I can chill at the bar w/my beer. I also like standard symmetrical pint glasses. Decorative designs, like folds in the glass not painting on the glass, kinda kills it for me. I'm not that finicky but just for preferable experience.

EDIT: I guess I should say, I could go and enjoy myself but then there's another whole "scene" aspect I could definitely do without!
    Last edited by spartan26; 07-26-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot sumptin'

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    then i figured i might as well ask the introverts as well . I like meeting and talking to new people...but i often find that the type of people who are attracted to the bar/club scene are just not the kinds of people i tend to enjoy. I also usually find the level of conversation not what i enjoy either.

I also sometimes dont really like "parties" for the same reasons as above ^... )
    I agree..I always felt, and still feel, somehow disassociated from most others in the bar/party scene.

I'm always totally out of my element when it comes to just 'meeting people' and mingling and such, and found that whole element of it pretty distasteful -- but if I'm with a group of friends, or a few people I know, I'm much more comfortable and can just relax, drink, people-watch, and have a fun time. I don't typically do a huge amount of talking anyway. But a huge aspect of why I liked the bar scene in college was that I ***loved*** dancing. I just had a hard time finding enough people who wanted to go as often as I did, who I *also* happened to get along with personality-wise. :-( My personality doesn't tend to mesh well with the club scene, so it's rather at odds with the dancing crowd. In general. But if I'm with a friend or two, I have a great time.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INtP

No big surprises here - introvert and never have been into the bar/club thing. Actually, not sure I've ever even set foot anywhere that might be considered a "club" - the whole idea just makes me cringe. Just not my sort of scene, for many reasons. Crowds, noise, lots of drinking - even a mild one's too much for me. I can do the bar thing in small doses if it's more of a restaurant-type atmosphere with friends. Anyway, no real surprises here.