User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Extrovert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

6 8.45%
  • I'm an Extrovert and I did not/do not like the bar/club scene

8 11.27%
  • I'm an introvert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

16 22.54%
  • I'm an introvert and I disliked/dislike the bar/club scene

41 57.75%
First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

I'll echo what the other PM said as far as atmosphere of bars and clubs.

Sometimes I find all the unsavory things about bars/clubs people have complained about as my main reasons of wanting to go. I like the sticky floors, loud music (ya feel it in your CHEST!), yelling, and all the people bumping and crowding me. Not that I want to be groped but it's fun to say and do outrageous things (up to a certain point) to people in that environment. I've got a lot of great stories from my late night, drunken galavanting. It's fun.

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved to MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices

MBTI
    yupp

I'm introverted and I usually dislike the club and bar scene. But if I'm with friends I usually enjoy it but only if I have alcohol in me, so I have to have a few drinks before leaving my apartment. I also hate and love people simutanously. And that is not a contradiction even though it may sound like it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't like bars and clubs because they are usually too noisy to carry on a good conversation. Also they usually don't play music that I like.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    intp

There can be a lot of difference between a cozy dive bar and a nightclub with loud, obnoxious music and patrons. I sometimes like the former but have long outgrown the latter.

edit:
    Borderline intro/extrovert
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'll echo what the other PM said as far as atmosphere of bars and clubs.

Sometimes I find all the unsavory things about bars/clubs people have complained about as my main reasons of wanting to go. I like the sticky floors, loud music (ya feel it in your CHEST!), yelling, and all the people bumping and crowding me. Not that I want to be groped but it's fun to say and do outrageous things (up to a certain point) to people in that environment. I've got a lot of great stories from my late night, drunken galavanting. It's fun.
    I have an ENFP friend who seems to feel the same way. But there is really a total lack of identification for me when it comes to this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

haha me and Oso.

When I was between the ages of 18-24 i really enjoyed going out. I would be very anxious upon arrival (to the club) but after a couple of drinks woohoo! there was one bar in coconut that I loved called the village inn. The restaurant was at street level and the bar was in the basement. They had a band whose name i can't remember (alzheimers) that I was crazy about. I always asked the lead singer to sing 10,000 maniacs and the drummer, Paul Deacon eventually became drummer for the Mavericks. We also used to hang out at a place on South Beach called Scratch. Any celeb who happened to be in town always stopped by because they knew no one would harass them there.

I prefer staying home now with the rare occasional getting together with friends for drinks. Plus I'm too old. This clip from Knocked Up is me if I were to try and get into a club today.

[youtube=-8FlE8UG3-k]You Old[/YOUTUBE]
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm either an ambivert or an introvert in denial and I enjoy the bar/club scene.
    It's a not-so-bad place to meet chicks.
    Yay! I'm in the same group as Jen & Oso!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

I am an introvert..

bar scene... generally speaking the dive bars seem to have a better atmosphere since not everyone is trying to dress to impress. If I'm out with a group of people, the bar doesn't really matter as much since it is the people I am with who help make or break the night.

club scene... I like going to clubs that have DJ's spinning electronica music I like and can dance to. First Ave is a local club that has a great dance night every Saturday. Occasionally I find out about all night dance events which are louder, crazier and hotter (these events always seem to have poor ventilation..). So, for the clubs, it mostly comes down to the music and dancing.

when I first started going to clubs, I didn't really like it all that much. finding places that had music I liked mostly changed that opinion.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post

bar scene... generally speaking the dive bars seem to have a better atmosphere since not everyone is trying to dress to impress. If I'm out with a group of people, the bar doesn't really matter as much since it is the people I am with who help make or break the night.

I agree with this
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so