User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an Extrovert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

6 8.45%
  • I'm an Extrovert and I did not/do not like the bar/club scene

8 11.27%
  • I'm an introvert and I liked/like the bar/club scene

16 22.54%
  • I'm an introvert and I disliked/dislike the bar/club scene

41 57.75%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I went into a club once... I stayed for about five minutes. I'm in no hurry to go back.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    As for bars, he dislikes them as well as the people who tend to hang out in them are obnoxious punks.:steam:
    MBTIc company excepted, I hope. However, I won't disagree completely. After having spent some considerable time in bars in my 20s, I've met some really interesting and fun people, and also some of the sorriest excuses for human beings you'll find around.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTj

I like lounge-y bars where you can chill out in the corner on a comfy couch. Any place where I have to yell in order to be heard is out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never been to a bar or a club, where do I vote?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I like lounge-y bars where you can chill out in the corner on a comfy couch. Any place where I have to yell in order to be heard is out.
    Ditto.

Basically, if it's possible to sit somewhere and have intimate conversation without being bothered, that's okay. But the bar and club "scene" tends to be loud and crowded, so it makes me want to hide under a rock.

I was in a bar recently with my INTJ friend. It wasn't crowded at all, but it struck me that there seem to be behaviors that are acceptable in bars that aren't acceptable anywhere else--like an older man making lewd gestures at the young female bartender. Everybody laughed, but the INTJ and I just exchanged bewildered (and yeah, judgmental) glances. It made me uncomfortable. I guess I'm too uptight for most bars. Even once I have several beers in me, I am still not the kind of woman who is interested in strangers making suggestive comments or sexual gestures at me. That's when I fire up my big neon "FUCK OFF" sign.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

It's the smell and unknown aggressiveness of those around you that really get on my nerves. Especially the smell. Sometimes my relatively-unconscious sense of empathy just "feels" the mood of everyone around me, and I feel a continual "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" urge in the back of my mind (distinctly unconscious, but louder than normal).

The place where we had the NC meetup was OK, but if the party happened outside that private room I probably would've found/invented a reason to leave early. A bar/lounge is fine as long as I'm blissfully ignorant of the "bar" part and as long as the "lounge" is filled with people I actually care about. The private room, OTOH, was fantastic.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm pretty introverted but still like people in general.

I can't say whether I like(d) the scene or not, I have to be in the mood.
    And I certainly couldn't do it all the time, I'd get bored.
    But it's good sometimes just to be out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Yep. There's a few bars here with patios which I love because you can actually hear the people you're with, and make yourself heard. My voice doesn't carry well, unless I don't want it to. *ahem*
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yep. There's a few bars here with patios which I love because you can actually hear the people you're with, and make yourself heard.
    Yes, "volume" is always an issue, I hate having to shout constantly to be heard.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Well I like bars, especially if there's a great beer selection. Or, if there is live (particularly acoustic) music. But am not into nightclubs where obnoxiously loud boom-chick-boom-chick DJ music is playing.