• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Voice tone and cognitive functions

Aleria

Just found it:

don1.jpg

What do you think?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've been told i have Ne and Fi vocal tone qualities before.

Ne for being heavily inflected, Fi for sounding emotionally invested. this is interesting.

i was also told my movements seemed very Ne. like i move my head around a lot when i talk and kind of bounce around...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends largely on when, where, and to whom I am speaking.

The less I can say to make my point, the better. My head tends to stay still, my gaze will focus down or to the side rather than on the face of who I am speaking to so that I can focus on collecting my thoughts and articulating them in an accurate and precise manner. While my head will not move much, my hands will often gesture to articulate concepts or objects to which I am referring, as though I were drawing an illustration or diagram in front of me to better illustrate my words.

I don't like being made to repeat myself, although I am happy to rearticulate at times.

I've been told my voice is monotone at times. However, if I get really excited about something, I can speak miles a minute and my voice can become much more animated, "alive"

L

LadyLazarus

Yup, this actually holds true for myself. I've been told my voice sounds very emo Fi and emotionally charged in a subtle sort of way.Which I'd actually never realized before, I've always thought I sounded like an emotionless robot because I'm not all ostentatiously expressive with my voice, but now that I think about it, I agree I think my emotions seep through my voice in a much more subtle way. I think the faded part is actually also true, I don't know about the round part though, or what they mean by that really.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I relate mostly to the Se. :thinking:

Edit: some Te too. I know I come off as Te to others....but I always forget that I'm mono-toned sounding :/

á´…eparted

passages
I speak in a very "Fe" manner. I use a lot of vocal inntonation to highlight the weight of what I am trying to say. I'm like the opposite of monotone.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I dunno how my tone is, but i'd be curious to see if they matched any of those. I'm not sure anyone will a hundred percent, though. we should have people speak and see which function they sound like

W

WALMART

Jung described what you describe for Ne being indicative of Ti

He said they make poor teachers, because their mind is never not engaged with the material they are presenting

I can really strike a precise phrasing ("The articulation!" was once proclaimed after a particular utterance of mine), but for the most part, my stories and proverbs are twisted wrecks of thought. The only regular consensus (among my thoughts as well) is that I'm Ti.

I think my voice is somewhere between Ni and Fi. It has some affect, but it's not apparent or easy to pick up on.

EDIT: Actually, I think I sound NiTe vocally. So INTJ?

Aleria

A friend of mine made a voice recording of me (she had to make an interview to analyse someone linguistically). I'll just take it and check it out! It'll be interesting...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like that chart.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno... I think I sound more Se/Te by default, and quick shifting and excited (Ne) when I'm wholly present and engaged.

Is this meant to actually describe correlations between the dominant function and voice tonality, or is it more like "if this function was to be represented by a voice, this is what it would sound like"? If the former, what is the impact of the auxiliary? And what about the introverts? Don't they communicate with the external world primarily with their extraverted aux function?

Aleria

I dunno... I think I sound more Se/Te by default, and quick shifting and excited (Ne) when I'm wholly present and engaged.

Is this meant to actually describe correlations between the dominant function and voice tonality, or is it more like "if this function was to be represented by a voice, this is what it would sound like"? If the former, what is the impact of the auxiliary? And what about the introverts? Don't they communicate with the external world primarily with their extraverted aux function?

These are the questions! The chart is very interesting, but I think it correlates more with the function that is more active at the moment, really... People change the tone of voice depending of the situation easily...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only ones I related to here were Ne, Fi, and Fe.