• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Thinking vs Feeling

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
Es are more comfortable expressing anything than Is. Fs just happen to rely more on emotion. So an E_T_ will be more comfortable expressing emotion than an I_F_, but will be less inclined to do so.
exactly! you said it so simple! :worthy:

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
^ Or, as Jung put it: "Both [extraverts and introverts] are capable of enthusiasm. What fills the extravert's heart flows out of his mouth, but the enthusiasm of the introvert is the very thing that seals his lips."

rav3n

^ Or, as Jung put it: "Both [extraverts and introverts] are capable of enthusiasm. What fills the extravert's heart flows out of his mouth, but the enthusiasm of the introvert is the very thing that seals his lips."
If I had any doubts in the past about Jung's attitude towards life, this would seal it. He too faps introversion!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is an example of exception. As general rule you respect law against murder cause you don't wanna get murdered too. Imagine if there would be no law against murder, how safe would you feel?
Laws are only as good as their enforcement, and they are best enforced by a society that agrees on the requirement they embody. I actually refrain from murder, theft, etc. not because it is against the law but rather because I personally consider it to be wrong. I consider it wrong because it deprives others of the rights/freedoms I want for myself. I mention jail and punishment only to indicate that, even absent this internal moral sense, it would make sense for me to obey the law. There are, in fact, some laws I obey only to avoid the punishment of disobeying. To me, such laws make no sense and do no good. I just find obeying them to be less hassle than the punishment, which I suppose is part of the point of (properly enforced) laws to begin with.

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
I actually refrain from murder, theft, etc. not because it is against the law but rather because I personally consider it to be wrong. I consider it wrong because it deprives others of the rights/freedoms I want for myself.
I also think that is wrong, but I think that is more reason connected to Fi. Reasons of T would be that of freedom and I said basically the same thing. I just used murder as comparison for being rude. I don't know about you but I don't want people to be rude to me, so I am not to them. But there are always exceptions to that cause sometimes there is no other way than being rude. And I don't see why be rude if I don't need to, except to abuse others. Even if a person is an introvert not in tune with other people's feelings, I think it is not so hard to understand that it's not fair to be mean to someone for no good reason and that is better to generally be nice (not saying that you have to deeply care for someone, but just not hurt them by being rude; cause everyone would be hurt if someone is rude to them). I mean, it seems to me that many people consider themselves so high; like if they have low patience with someone they don't care if they hurt that person; that obviously is not justified act. I don't see myself as God that can decide that I am better than anyone else and therefore I can hurt others but not want anyone to hurt me. I don't know how clear was I about this, but I hope you understood what I meant.