User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    As aggravating is that emotional reason may be, is less depressing than the possibility that they're just incapable of logic due to sheer lack of intellect. I'm trying to be generous here.
    I'm not trying to call anyone dumb...damn maybe I'm starting to fall into the sensing vs intuition thing, but intuition is not related to logic as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Believe me: there is a class of person that sees evidence and changes belief thusly, and there is a class of person that sees evidence and presumes some foolery underlies it.

I don't know if it's indicative of anything type related (it is), but some variation of the mind is at play.
    ...and some people who don't even see the contradictory evidence, only that which supports their viewpoint. Probably all people to some extent, but maybe some people more than others.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    I'm not trying to call anyone dumb...damn maybe I'm starting to fall into the sensing vs intuition thing, but intuition is not related to logic as far as I know
    I was trying to avoid that myself but alas, it can't be helped.

Where did I link Intuition and Logic?

I was trying to avoid that myself but alas, it can't be helped.

Where did I link Intuition and Logic?
    no that wasn't you that was me...nevermind that, but getting back on the subject of Thinking vs Feeling let me show why I think we can't put everyone in the same category:

1. sensitive people.........thick skinned people (that is one dichotomy)

2. logical people...............ilogical/instinctive people (that is another dichotomy)

so sensitive pople can be either logical or instinctive and thick skinned same thing

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

no that wasn't you that was me...nevermind that, but getting back on the subject of Thinking vs Feeling let me show why I think we can't put everyone in the same category:

1. sensitive people.........thick skinned people (that is one dichotomy)

2. logical people...............ilogical/instinctive people (that is another dichotomy)

so sensitive pople can be either logical or instinctive and thick skinned same thing
    Your mistaking sensitivity for emotional drive. I'm the most sensitive person I know (4w3 ), but I still go with my head when making a decision.

Thinkers will opt for logic or other reasonings, Feelers go with their gut or with their hearts.

Your mistaking sensitivity for emotional drive. I'm the most sensitive person I know (4w3 ), but I still go with my head when making a decision.

Thinkers will opt for logic or other reasonings, Feelers go with their gut or with their hearts.
    so you're saying INTJ can be sensitive people? that's hard for me to grasp...how can I know for sure if I'm a thinker or not?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

so you're saying INTJ can be sensitive people? that's hard for me to grasp...how can I know for sure if I'm a thinker or not?
    JESUS, you're joking, right?

You have to identify how you make your choices. Is it based on the most efficient and smart decision or based on what makes you feel good, what you're most comfortable with? That's a simplification, of course.

How long have you been studying MBTI?

JESUS, you're joking, right?

You have to identify how you make your choices. Is it based on the most efficient and smart decision or based on what makes you feel good, what you're most comfortable with? That's a simplification, of course.

How long have you been studying MBTI?
    for a little more than 2 years now, unfortunately most people can't relate to what I'm saying

btw: another problem that I have is that you say this like everyone should know, but many people would disagree with you in this forum, so there is no consent among people specially when it comes to Thinking and Feeling

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

for a little more than 2 years now, unfortunately most people can't relate to what I'm saying

btw: another problem that I have is that you say this like everyone should know, but many people would disagree with you in this forum, so there is no consent among people specially when it comes to Thinking and Feeling
    Why woud that be? If most people can't relate to what you are saying either a) you're wrong or b) you're unskilled at expressing yourself.

Anyone who has a medium grasp at MBTI would know very well how the T/F dichotomie works. We may disagree about it effectiviness and discuss how to better determine which process people are using, but the definitions are common knowledge.

There is no conscensus about anything related to psychological typing because it's all unproven theories.

Why woud that be?

There is no conscensus about anything related to psychological typing because it's all unproven theories.
    gotcha!