• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] judging functions

yeghor

I think this relates more to Fi. As I understand it Fe users are more self-effacing than personally expressive.

Yeah Fe is more about the other person... adapting to the other... Fi is more about the self...

Doomkid

to give everyone and update:

1-check
2-
3-check
4-check
5-

I think I got most of it...kinda...so thanks everyone

ps: BTW SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, now I see, emotions are not feelings, but what are feelings exactally then?

Well, Feelings in terms of the MBTI and Jung are essentially "values." We learn to recognize our values in part by how we respond emotionally, sure, and so there might be a partial correlation there, but they're not equivalent. Just like Thinking says something is "correct or not correct" by holding a certain system of logic in place, Feeling does the same thing with a system of personal values and ethics; people will evalute behavior and decisions in terms of that internally consistent (hopefully) matrix of personal values.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always related more to Fi, but I also have a hard time holding back my feelings(Fe), and I do care how I come off to other people (again, Fe)

Those things arent Fe.. or Fi or anything related to typology. Both Fi and Fe users can be temperamental akd care about how they look to others.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, Feelings in terms of the MBTI and Jung are essentially "values." We learn to recognize our values in part by how we respond emotionally, sure, and so there might be a partial correlation there, but they're not equivalent. Just like Thinking says something is "correct or not correct" by holding a certain system of logic in place, Feeling does the same thing with a system of personal values and ethics; people will evalute behavior and decisions in terms of that internally consistent (hopefully) matrix of personal values.

English word "values" refers to ethical values, which F is not. F is a judgemnt about what value something has to you and these value judgments can lead to emotional reactions.

yeghor

Those things arent Fe.. or Fi or anything related to typology. Both Fi and Fe users can be temperamental akd care about how they look to others.

Yes that may be true... But I guess when we don"t want to take others' preferences and concerns into consideration, we are switching to Fi...and when we do want to do that, we switch to Fe...

By default, I am inclined to take other people into consideration when making decisions for myself...It takes others to have acted in a quite inconsiderate and selfish way to compel me to switch to Fi, thereby allowing me to reign in the Fe reflex...(which means I've reverted to my shadow)

So I guess a Fi-dom's default course of action is not to take others' concerns into consideration in their decision-making process until such time that they consider the other person an important element in their personal life... At those times I believe they are using their shadow Fe to feel connected...

So an IxFP, for instance, I guess is acting thru his/her ExFJ shadow when they allow other people's feedback to affect themselves...which I guess happens for people that they care about and consider themselves to be emotionally connected with or dependent on...i.e. people whom they made themselves vulnerable for...

The difference in regards to switching between Fi and Fe should be miniscule for F-inferior people I guess though...

Do you for instance may become very chatty among people (whose feedback, admiration etc) you care about by switching to your shadow Te...?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes that may be true... But I guess when we don"t want to take others' preferences and concerns into consideration, we are switching to Fi...and when we do want to do that, we switch to Fe...

By default, I am inclined to take other people into consideration when making decisions for myself...It takes others to have acted in a quite inconsiderate and selfish way to compel me to switch to Fi, thereby allowing me to reign in the Fe reflex...(which means I've reverted to my shadow)

So I guess a Fi-dom's default course of action is not to take others' concerns into consideration in their decision-making process until such time that they consider the other person an important element in their personal life... At those times I believe they are using their shadow Fe to feel connected...

So an IxFP, for instance, I guess is acting thru his/her ExFJ shadow when they allow other people's feedback to affect themselves...which I guess happens for people that they care about and consider themselves to be emotionally connected with or dependent on...i.e. people whom they made themselves vulnerable for...

The difference in regards to switching between Fi and Fe should be miniscule for F-inferior people I guess though...

Do you for instance may become very chatty among people (whose feedback, admiration etc) you care about by switching to your shadow Te...?

no

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you notice a difference in your attitude towards strangers and people in your intimate circle?

On some stuff yes, not on other stuff. It depends on the other person and im sure that this is the case with everyone to more or less degree.

yeghor

On some stuff yes, not on other stuff. It depends on the other person and im sure that this is the case with everyone to more or less degree.

I understand we are on different pages on this but...

An INTP who normally keeps his/her thoughts to himself (i.e. Ti) for instance would theoretically go against his/her natural tendency and start using Te around someone he/she wants to "impress" and would want to suck in their feedback thru Te...i.e. would want the other to admire/validate him/her for his/her thoughts...

Would want to hear "your thoughts/ideas rock man, you are so smart!" etc....just as a Fi person would want to have her feelings validated...as in "you are right to feel that way...you are so caring, emotionally deep..."etc?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I understand we are on different pages on this but...

An INTP who normally keeps his/her thoughts to himself (i.e. Ti) for instance would theoretically go against his/her natural tendency and start using Te around someone he/she wants to "impress" and would want to suck in their feedback thru Te...i.e. would want the other to admire/validate him/her for his/her thoughts...

Would want to hear "your thoughts/ideas rock man, you are so smart!" etc....just as a Fi person would want to have her feelings validated...as in "you are right to feel that way...you are so caring, emotionally deep..."etc?

lol

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always related more to Fi, but I also have a hard time holding back my feelings(Fe), and I do care how I come off to other people (again, Fe)
Caring about what people think doesn't necessarily mean you're an xxFJ. I know many, many xxFPs (including me) who are careful about how they come across and need plenty of positive feedback from others. I think that's fairly common for Feelers in general.