User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 35 of 35

  1. #31
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    no
    Do you notice a difference in your attitude towards strangers and people in your intimate circle?

  2. #32
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do you notice a difference in your attitude towards strangers and people in your intimate circle?
    On some stuff yes, not on other stuff. It depends on the other person and im sure that this is the case with everyone to more or less degree.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #33
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    On some stuff yes, not on other stuff. It depends on the other person and im sure that this is the case with everyone to more or less degree.
    I understand we are on different pages on this but...

    An INTP who normally keeps his/her thoughts to himself (i.e. Ti) for instance would theoretically go against his/her natural tendency and start using Te around someone he/she wants to "impress" and would want to suck in their feedback thru Te...i.e. would want the other to admire/validate him/her for his/her thoughts...

    Would want to hear "your thoughts/ideas rock man, you are so smart!" etc....just as a Fi person would want to have her feelings validated...as in "you are right to feel that way...you are so caring, emotionally deep..."etc?

  4. #34
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I understand we are on different pages on this but...

    An INTP who normally keeps his/her thoughts to himself (i.e. Ti) for instance would theoretically go against his/her natural tendency and start using Te around someone he/she wants to "impress" and would want to suck in their feedback thru Te...i.e. would want the other to admire/validate him/her for his/her thoughts...

    Would want to hear "your thoughts/ideas rock man, you are so smart!" etc....just as a Fi person would want to have her feelings validated...as in "you are right to feel that way...you are so caring, emotionally deep..."etc?
    lol
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #35
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    I've always related more to Fi, but I also have a hard time holding back my feelings(Fe), and I do care how I come off to other people (again, Fe)
    Caring about what people think doesn't necessarily mean you're an xxFJ. I know many, many xxFPs (including me) who are careful about how they come across and need plenty of positive feedback from others. I think that's fairly common for Feelers in general.

Similar Threads

  1. which judging functions??
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2015, 05:14 PM
  2. Can someone help me better understand the extroverted/introverted judging functions?
    By ChrisC99 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 11:15 PM
  3. The Search for Better, More Elemental Definitions of the Functions, Esp. Judging
    By Eric B in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 02:44 PM
  4. Judging as internal functions, perceiving as external functions
    By garbage in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
  5. 'Judging' versus 'Perceiving' Leading Function
    By Haphazard in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO