User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

  1. #1
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default I don't know who I am anymore!

    Should I have capitalized the title? Would that have made it more dramatic?

    Anyway, I'm beginning to seriously doubt my introversion, I thought the one thing that was for sure about me was that I was an introvert, but now I'm starting to realize that maybe I do get energy from people...maybe my anxiety was making it hard for me to see it at first, but now it' starting to make sense I suspect I am a weak extrovert.

    A shy extrovert of the highest caliber of shyness on the shy scale of shytude, as endorsed by Morgan Freeman, all rights reserved by the creator, Mark Wahlberg, please don't sue me mister Wahlberg.

    I suspect that this is probably due to events in my early life, which caused me to develop SA and shyness in tandem.

    So, eNFP and eSFP have both been suggested for me and I'm not sure which one I am.

    HELP ME please?

  2. #2
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    hey L^2.

    extroversion has less to do with how shy you are/how much energy you get from people, and more to do with dominance extroverted versus introverted functions. where is your energy source? does it come from inside of you where you then express it through extroverted functions? or does it come from the outside (people, information, external stimuli) where you then glean it for what you can apply to you inside?

    others please feel free to chime in if i'm wrong here, but this is my understanding. i can become really drained by people if it's not the kind of interaction that's feeding me in a way that's meaningful, and can become much more energized researching an interesting topic by myself for hours on end.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  3. #3
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    hey L^2.

    extroversion has less to do with how shy you are/how much energy you get from people, and more to do with dominance extroverted versus introverted functions. where is your energy source? does it come from inside of you where you then express it through extroverted functions? or does it come from the outside (people, information, external stimuli) where you then glean it for what you can apply to you inside?

    others please feel free to chime in if i'm wrong here, but this is my understanding. i can become really drained by people if it's not the kind of interaction that's feeding me in a way that's meaningful, and can become much more energized researching an interesting topic by myself for hours on end.
    Liking the nickname girl.

    I feel like my energy source is probably external, when I'm with someone else I feel anxious yet energized like a live wire almost, I've always thought it was my anxiety but I think that's not all there is to it, I do notice even though I do need my alone time, I feel just a bit more sluggish when I am alone.

    I'm with you on the whole meaningful interaction thing, I feel drained by people who I dislike spending time with and only enjoy purely superficial talk, I'd much rather be doing something alone than talk to people like that as well.I feel positive, meaningful, intense interaction replenishes my energy most.

    I think it would be most accurate to describe myself as an ambivert.

  4. #4
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    First off, introversion and extroversion is the one dichotomy that most veritably works on a sliding scale, and a lot of the population falls relatively in the middle on that spectrum. Falling in the middle on that spectrum basically means that your dominant and auxiliary functions are relatively well balanced.

    Second, look at the functions. I am very much right in the middle of that spectrum, but, if I had to fall on one side or the other, I pretty much have no doubt that I would fall on the side of introversion. My mind starts as Ni, and then goes to Te. Not the other way around. Sometimes I can get pretty heavily Te, but I know that my default state is Ni. Figure out what your default state is.

    Lastly, I do actually largely believe in the "do you recharge your batteries more by being alone, or by being with others?" question. I, personally, get it from being alone, hands down. Going out with people *can* energize me, if it's just the right people, and I'm having a lot of fun. But, honestly, even then, by the end of the night, when I get home and am unlocking my door, I'm likely gunna be exhausted and happy as hell to be back at my place. Nicolita brings up a valid point about her energy levels, tho. ENFPs often report being more like this than most extroverts, tho.

    Last word: figure out whether your dominant function is Fi, Se, or Ne.

  5. #5
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    First off, introversion and extroversion is the one dichotomy that most veritably works on a sliding scale, and a lot of the population falls relatively in the middle on that spectrum. Falling in the middle on that spectrum basically means that your dominant and auxiliary functions are relatively well balanced.

    Second, look at the functions. I am very much right in the middle of that spectrum, but, if I had to fall on one side or the other, I pretty much have no doubt that I would fall on the side of introversion. My mind starts as Ni, and then goes to Te. Not the other way around. Sometimes I can get pretty heavily Te, but I know that my default state is Ni. Figure out what your default state is.

    Lastly, I do actually largely believe in the "do you recharge your batteries more by being alone, or by being with others?" question. I, personally, get it from being alone, hands down. Going out with people *can* energize me, if it's just the right people, and I'm having a lot of fun. But, honestly, even then, by the end of the night, when I get home and am unlocking my door, I'm likely gunna be exhausted and happy as hell to be back at my place. Nicolita brings up a valid point about her energy levels, tho. ENFPs often report being more like this than most extroverts, tho.

    Last word: figure out whether your dominant function is Fi, Se, or Ne.
    Thank you for the advice, I think that may be the answer, I'm probably pretty balanced on my first and second function, in which case eSFP may make more sense.

    Problem is I've looked into the functions a bit and I can't for the life of me discern between Ne and Se within myself.

    If I where to pick an answer to that particular question, I'd have to say a mix of both, if I do one or the other too much I feel either unsatisfied or restless.

  6. #6
    Musician Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Thank you for the advice, I think that may be the answer, I'm probably pretty balanced on my first and second function, in which case eSFP may make more sense.

    Problem is I've looked into the functions a bit and I can't for the life of me discern between Ne and Se within myself.

    If I where to pick an answer to that particular question, I'd have to say a mix of both, if I do one or the other too much I feel either unsatisfied or restless.
    Hmm, try to also see how you are when you're stressed. Inferior Ni (ESFP) or Inferior Si (ENFP) (or Inferior Te For IFP's)

    I do like @Zarathustra's comment, that makes sense how sometimes they're extreme introverts who could be IFJ's without seeing extroverted feeling as much but it comes out every once in a while.

  7. #7
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    I thought I was an introvert since I was a teenager. In hindsight, that seems really foolish, but that's it goes sometimes.

    ESFP fits best from what I have seen of you around here.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


Similar Threads

  1. You don't know who somebody is online.
    By prplchknz in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 12:48 AM
  2. I don't know who any of you people are any more
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM
  3. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM!!! (GASP) and throws a tantrum)
    By Exileon in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
  4. I don't know *what* I am....
    By Timmy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 02:18 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Why do I get this feeling that I don't know who I am?
    By dee in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO