User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you do know when I went to quote you more words appeared? the forum has been acting strange lately. I have the opposite problem, I get accused of not saying enough even though I'm like it's right there. And it is, but still the other person doesn't believe me. So I just give up and go o ok.
    I saw your posts in the Forum glitches thread, with Werebudgie. Not sure what is going on there. With luck, Highlander, etc. can figure it out.

As for wordiness, the key at work is to know our audience. The complete technical report wants one level of detail; the senior leaders want the whole story in 2-3 minutes. I've become rather good at condensing very complex stuff into essentially a sound bite, but I always cringe inside when I have to do it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I saw your posts in the Forum glitches thread, with Werebudgie. Not sure what is going on there. With luck, Highlander, etc. can figure it out.

As for wordiness, the key at work is to know our audience. The complete technical report wants one level of detail; the senior leaders want the whole story in 2-3 minutes. I've become rather good at condensing very complex stuff into essentially a sound bite, but I always cringe inside when I have to do it.
    yeah perhaps. I'm just thinking and could be totally wrong but maybe because i'm easily distractble i lose thoughts in the middle of things and forget to finish them, but then once it's done and sent i think i've said everything i;ve wanted to say but haven't? I dunno not important.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

Really? I rather enjoy doing this.

Something about getting to the bottom line, in least amount of words, is extremely appealing to me. I was never able to write very long essays in school. I found it to be a waste of time.

Do you cringe because you have to do it. As in, you have no choice?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm wordy by nature, but ever since one of my English instructors called me "prolific" I've been trying to work on it. At the very least I try to break things up. If I'm staring at a wall of text and it's not a good story, chances are pretty good I'll tl;dr it. It's worse now because I'm starting to lose my near-sight but I don't want to wear bifocals, so it is physically uncomfortable to even try.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm wordy by nature, but ever since one of my English instructors called me "prolific" I've been trying to work on it.
    I had a professor refer to me as "prolific," but she meant it as positive feedback, often sharing my writing in class. Did your instructor mean something negative?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Really? I rather enjoy doing this.

Something about getting to the bottom line, in least amount of words, is extremely appealing to me. I was never able to write very long essays in school. I found it to be a waste of time.

Do you cringe because you have to do it. As in, you have no choice?
    There's the bottom line, and then turning that line into a dot. I have no problem cutting to the chase, but resent oversimplification as it does a disservice both the topic, and to the people claiming to want the information. It feels almost like being forced to lie, or at least misrepresent the situation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am wordy. Some people are just born loving words. I don't know that it has anything to do with type. There are authors of varying MBTI types.

Pretentiousness in wordiness I tend to attribute to Ti. Ti can make things dense (not as in stupid, but as in thick to wade through) over precise, and in the case of educated Ti users, full of specialized jargon.

I tend to be wordy more in the sense of yarn weaving story telling, or long babbling explanations.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Ti
    Yes i think ti users tend to be wordy. Including ti terts.

Actually especially infjs.

Ni all explained by ti makes things quite wordy. Intjs tend to keep it precise.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Wordy is writing or as in the way they speak? I think you could say I am wordy. I waffle too much because I want to state my point absolutely perfectly. I also have a load of sub thoughts. And I don't know how to be concise. Limiting this post to just a few sentences is causing me pain.
    Yeah infjs seem tend to be the wordiest types.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I had a professor refer to me as "prolific," but she meant it as positive feedback, often sharing my writing in class. Did your instructor mean something negative?
    So brainy.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I am wordy. Some people are just born loving words. I don't know that it has anything to do with type. There are authors of varying MBTI types.

Pretentiousness in wordiness I tend to attribute to Ti. Ti can make things dense (not as in stupid, but as in thick to wade through) over precise, and in the case of educated Ti users, full of specialized jargon.

I tend to be wordy more in the sense of yarn weaving story telling, or long babbling explanations.
    I've noticed that pretentiousness in wordiness mostly in 5w4s in rl. Oddly enough the 5w4 intps here doesn't seem that way at all. However the intjs seem so.

Ti tends to over specify/explain too much whereas te tends to keep it precise and only tend to specify if someone inquires or if someone missed what they were trying to explain.

And omgosh you are back! Perfectly coincides with sim's unbanning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I've noticed that pretentiousness in wordiness mostly in 5w4s in rl. Oddly enough the 5w4 intps here doesn't seem that way at all. However the intjs seem so.

Ti tends to over specify/explain too much whereas te tends to keep it precise and only tend to specify if someone inquires or if someone missed what they were trying to explain.

And omgosh you are back! Perfectly coincides with sim's unbanning.
    I know. It's not a coincidence.

Anyhoo, I just find for example even casual conversations with Solitary Walker tiring, and English isn't even his first language. I have similar headaches with a lot of academic texts which I swear on my life are conspiratorial works of xNTPs and INFJs.

In school I do best with clear concise text, hopefully with points and boxes and graphs. I want TJs to write all of my text books.

Bullet points for everyone!

I am sure my blah blah blah also exhausts or annoys some people.