• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadow Type

Alea_iacta_est

ENTPs' inner child would be an INTJ btw....

Sent via Tapatalk

Inner child represents the tertiary function in the Beebe model.

The ENTP's desires are reflected through inferior Si, to derive personal subjective meaning of experience (through life).

The ENTP's "shadow" would be an ISFJ.

The ENTP's antithetical unconscious would be the INTJ.

yeghor

Inner child represents the tertiary function in the Beebe model.

The ENTP's desires are reflected through inferior Si, to derive personal subjective meaning of experience (through life).

Sorry I wasn't referring to that nomenclature...but the anti-hero (little ENFP for me) inside each of us...

Sent via Tapatalk

Alea_iacta_est

Sorry I wasn't referring to that nomenclature...but the anti-hero (little ENFP for me) inside each of us...

Sent via Tapatalk

The Anti-Hero is a negative aspect of the personality utilized ironically. It is not valued, it is dealt with, even when it is utilized in a positive, constructive manner.

yeghor

The Anti-Hero is a negative aspect of the personality utilized ironically. It is not valued, it is dealt with, even when it is utilized in a positive, constructive manner.

I value it... it can manifest itself when angry...and acts like an evil, clumsy, drunk version...it feels bad to my usual self at those times...

It can also manifest itself when feeling safe in a jolly manner...like sometimes I do herein...It feels childish to my usual self at those times...

I sound like a crazy person, don't I?

Sent via Tapatalk

Alea_iacta_est

I value it... it can manifest itself when angry...and acts like an evil, clumsy, drunk version...it feels bad to my usual self at those times...

It can also manifest itself when feeling safe in a jolly manner...like sometimes I do herein...It feels childish to my usual self at those times...

I sound like a crazy person, don't I?

Sent via Tapatalk

You value it because it is valued, for you, anyways. You have mistaken it for the Anti-Hero when in fact it is in the regular processes.

yeghor

You value it because it is valued, for you, anyways. You have mistaken it for the Anti-Hero when in fact it is in the regular processes.

But why does it feel to my conscious self like a child hiding and at the same time trapped inside me?

Sent via Tapatalk

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
When talking in Jungs terminology and theory, animas stands opposite to archetype of persona. Persona is the way in which we act out towards others and reply to demands of the external world, in behavioristic models(which jungian model is not) it could be called the "extraverted self". Anima naturally stands opposite to this because its the archetype of the feminine self that has been repressed and which is loaded with libido due to repression from the masculine self that needs to be maintained in order for self preservation in our society. Women with their animus is basically other way around as they are required to act feminine instead of masculine and repress aspects of the self that are associated to masculinity in society. Now there ofc are women who act out more "masculine" due to it being more acceptable in todays society, but they often have less masculine and more feminine animus instead. You can see this also in lesbian couples quite often where one has the male role and one is more feminine. The animas inspiring aspect can be most archetypally be seen in muse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse

Personal shadow on the other hand stands opposite to ego. In the theory of analytical psychology ego has five functions;
1) it maintains the stability of personality
2) stability of identity
3) cognition, it helps us to process information, to problem solve and to store memories
4) it helps us with our executive functioning, like brushing our teeth etc in order to meet the everyday demands of the world
5) it tells us what to expect from the world

Personal shadow is the things that ego has repressed about the self, but have the capacity to be.

For example if my ego is most comfortable(because most skilled function, so i identify with it) with me using thinking and am not comfortable or skilled at all using feeling, then what my feeling function tells is often not what my ego wants to hear, so i repress that F shit and focus on thinking. Now if i have differentiated and thus made some of this F shit relevant for what my ego wants my ego can process it consciously and make a conscious decision when to rely on thinking and when to rely on feeling. But feeling that is undeveloped, but still has a lot of libido trying to get out is where complexes and archetypal themes manifest in negative ways as my feeling function undifferentiated from the complexes and archetypes and thus make the most unconscious associations there.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can you see the inner child finally revealing himself after 2:20?

http://youtu.be/JnqupBtPZNI

Sent via Tapatalk

Even tho characters in movies or video games are invented by real people, they dont necessarily represent real people when it comes to their psychology.

Alea_iacta_est

When talking in Jungs terminology and theory, animas stands opposite to archetype of persona. Persona is the way in which we act out towards others and reply to demands of the external world, in behavioristic models(which jungian model is not) it could be called the "extraverted self". Anima naturally stands opposite to this because its the archetype of the feminine self that has been repressed and which is loaded with libido due to repression from the masculine self that needs to be maintained in order for self preservation in our society. Women with their animus is basically other way around as they are required to act feminine instead of masculine and repress aspects of the self that are associated to masculinity in society. Now there ofc are women who act out more "masculine" due to it being more acceptable in todays society, but they often have less masculine and more feminine animus instead. You can see this also in lesbian couples quite often where one has the male role and one is more feminine. The animas inspiring aspect can be most archetypally be seen in muse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse

Personal shadow on the other hand stands opposite to ego. In the theory of analytical psychology ego has five functions;
2) stability of identity
3) cognition, it helps us to process information, to problem solve and to store memories
4) it helps us with our executive functioning, like brushing our teeth etc in order to meet the everyday demands of the world

Personal shadow is the things that ego has repressed about the self, but have the capacity to be.

For example if my ego is most comfortable(because most skilled function, so i identify with it) with me using thinking and am not comfortable or skilled at all using feeling, then what my feeling function tells is often not what my ego wants to hear, so i repress that F shit and focus on thinking. Now if i have differentiated and thus made some of this F shit relevant for what my ego wants my ego can process it consciously and make a conscious decision when to rely on thinking and when to rely on feeling. But feeling that is undeveloped, but still has a lot of libido trying to get out is where complexes and archetypal themes manifest in negative ways as my feeling function undifferentiated from the complexes and archetypes and thus make the most unconscious associations there.

Agreed. The negative perception of my own sensory inferior attempts to force me to face reality instead of clinging to my introverted intuition, and I don't want to face the reality of the situation even though I know it is most likely correct in the back of my mind; therefore, I am actively running from my inferior and thus am expressing it negatively instead of positively developing it and encouraging it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
And a quote from my notebook about these distortions in behavior and how it relates to ego and complexes;

"When we derive an complex from our unconscious, the ego takes a beating from the complex and suffers from reduced ability to operate appropriately(see functions of the ego in previous post). The complex steals the show for a moment and when the complex wears out, we might notice that we behaved in unusual ways and we learn from doing so.
-> our normal personality behavior was replaced by behavior motivated by the complex, which is usually negative, but also sometimes needed for the situation."

yeghor

2) stability of identity

So what would all these imply if I told you that there's an ENFP trapped inside of me?

And that it's gradually seeping into my conscious self?

Sent via Tapatalk

Alea_iacta_est

So what would all these imply if I told you that there's an ENFP trapped inside of me?

And that it's gradually seeping into my conscious self?

Sent via Tapatalk

This focuses on the inferior (assuming INFJ, Se, but more likely Te or Si). This has nothing to do with the actual shadow processes. Your shadow processes are most likely not indicative of an ENFP anyways.

Also explains your irritation with Te.

yeghor

This focuses on the inferior (assuming INFJ, Se, but more likely Te or Si). This has nothing to do with the actual shadow processes. Your shadow processes are most likely not indicative of an ENFP anyways.

Also explains your irritation with Te.

So it came to full circle eh? xNFP?

Doesn't explain why I am drawn to ESTP women though?

Sent via Tapatalk

yeghor

Even tho characters in movies or video games are invented by real people, they dont necessarily represent real people when it comes to their psychology.

Use your imagination...;)

Sent via Tapatalk

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Sent via Tapatalk

Dunno, but the ENFP trapped inside me is one of my anima figures that has had a great influence in my self-development. There is something magical that i dont care to discuss about more now about ENFPs(and also can see magic in other types nowadays as well :p ) which triggered/s my inferior Fe. Its funny that my INTJ friends anima gets triggered by his Se the same way.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
And why does my shadow come out in a playful manner in the forum?

I guess it feels safe/relaxed enough to come out of my INFJ shell...

Is it the same for you or others?

It has been noted a reasonable number of times that I can sometimes manifest an ENTP persona on here.

I pointed you, in part, to my blog, because I talk there about manifesting either/both as an ENTP or/and as an ESFP at certain rare instances in life, as well as in certain rare dreams (each of these happens no more often than a 2-3 times per year [and haven't actually happened for a while, tbh]).

In my belief, moving over to what's being called your anti-hero (5th and 6th functions -- so for you ENFP [if you are indeed an INFJ] and me ENTP) is actually easier than moving to your anima/animus, because at least they're still your same two top functions, just in a different attitude. Switching both function and attitude, according to this notion, would be more challenging, even though the 5th and 6th functions are the "non-regular" functions, while the 3rd and 4th are "regular" functions.

You'll often see evidence of this in peoples' function test results, where the 5th and 6th functions register more highly than -- or roughly just as highly as -- the 3rd and 4th functions.