User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Shadow Type

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    To be stronger than everyone else; most definitely yes.
    To subjugate others to my will; under stress, yes, not under stress, no.

I mostly daydream about becoming great and admirable, successful, notorious, unlike any other, strong enough to crush those who have wronged me, I also daydream about love the other half of the time.
    Could your shadow type be ESTP...?

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Could your shadow type be ESTP...?
    Would that make sense for an ISFP?

Or is it not type dictated?

Would that make sense for an ISFP?

Or is it not type dictated?
    Based on your shadow type being an ESTP, in the theory I proposed you'd be an ISTJ (ESTP's mirror image) in that case...

In the theory that reverses the function order to find the shadow type, your type would be INFJ...

As a sidenote, my father's an ISTJ, and I can clearly see the desire in him to act like an ESTP...

LadyLazarus

Based on your shadow type being an ESTP, in the theory I proposed you'd be an ISTJ (ESTP's mirror image) in that case...

In the theory that reverses the function order to find the shadow type, your type would be INFJ...

As a sidenote, my father's an ISTJ, and I can clearly see the desire in him to act like an ESTP...
    Aaah I see, so it is kind of related, in that case, I don't think my shadow's ESTP then, I highly doubt I'm a J let alone an SJ or an N.

I've noticed that about male xSFJ's as well, they either try to act ESTP or ESTJ.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What's your blissful ideal WB? Which ideal/personality do you aspire to? Do you aspire to be a champion/saviour of people?
    Oh, well, I'm personally torn between Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Rachel Maddow. Or maybe Captain Janeway from Star Trek. Though I think those last two may be something other than an aspirational ideal.

eta: in case separating the mixed-in accurate info from the yeghorian distortions into which they're mixed might be of use somehow to someone:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Also this (pdf) article by John Beebe has a take on shadow functions:

Evolving the Eight-Function Model
    Last edited by Werebudgie; 03-20-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: actual information can be a good thing

Aaah I see, so it is kind of related, in that case, I don't think my shadow's ESTP then, I highly doubt I'm a J let alone an SJ or an N.

I've noticed that about male xSFJ's as well, they either try to act ESTP or ESTJ.
    It's (the first theory) been proposed by others before me though apparently ...

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Oh, well, I'm personally torn between Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Rachel Maddow. Or maybe Captain Janeway from Star Trek. Though I think those last two may be something other than an aspirational ideal.

eta: in case separating the mixed-in accurate info from the yeghorian distortions into which they're mixed might be of use somehow to someone:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm
    Isn't the info in the link in line with what I proposed herein?

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Isn't the info in the link in line with what I proposed herein?
    People can decide that for themselves if they're so inclined. You'll just keep doing that thing you do with information. (eta: if you are in fact doing satirical performance art, it's funny but a little garbled IMO.)

(Also, I'm editing to add a second information link to that comment)

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    People can decide that for themselves if they're so inclined. You'll just keep doing that thing you do with information. (eta: if you are in fact doing satirical performance art, it's funny but a little garbled IMO.)

(Also, I'm editing to add a second information link to that comment)
    Yeah they can do that but you've already made a (negative?) judgment about it... I guess what you perceive as distortions are analogies\symbols that I use to manipulate (like a dough) the information\issue at hand...That's how I can relatively easily keep turning it in my hand\head to perceive it from different perspectives... I use myself as the template in extracting them then ask people whether they fit for them as well... By gazing onto myself, "I" serve as the base model to that end...

Are you giving links so as to maintain the integrity of (true) information? I am rather trying to (partially) improvise and perhaps go out of bounds a bit... so as not to be restrained by it... Information reduced to symbols is not necessarily incorrect by the way...it is much easier to work with...

What is satirical performance art and what do you mean by me performing it? I am sorry but I didn't get it...?

Shadow type is INTP. Funnily enough, that's the type I date. Shadow fixation and not because I wish to be like INTPs. Moreso that there's sufficient commonality with the same function stacking but they're an attitudinal mirror so there's enough difference to keep things interesting.