User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

Thread: Shadow Type

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Yeghor's understanding of MBTI/cognitive processes is flawed at its core given his central use of it to explain something about him and his life that it simply was not designed to explain. The INFJ self-type is for sure part of this situation of self-delusion, but not the core. The core is the apparent need to use MBTI/cognitive processes to understand non-related psychological issues/sickness. Remove the cognitive function concepts and language as a way to describe it, and there's more of a chance that he'll be left facing whatever the actual illiness/issues really are.
    You just described a recurrent problem in this forum and it has been going on for years. It is hardly a personal problem of Yeghor's, alone.

garbage

How the hell did this discussion become about yeghor's mental health?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    How the hell did this discussion become about yeghor's mental health?
    Yeah, I think that's BS. Don't do that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I aspire to be a wise man, happy with life and with a circle of close friends--a community...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I aspire to be a wise man, happy with life and with a circle of close friends--a community...
    Could that be because you also carry an abandoned INFJ template, i.e. shadow inside of you?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Here is some basic ideas around the concepts of anima and shadow. And no dont try to think that this has much to do with the 8 function/beebean theory of type, it uses those terms differently when connecting them to functions. Personally i like jungs idea about type and whole psyche more than those new theories of personality based on jungs ideas. This is because i can see them working in me and others, and i used to buy that 8 function theory, but when i realized that the theory was flawed myself and realized where it went wrong, i read jungs original works and saw that it fit much better and opened some heavy duty knots from my brains, thinking myself in terms of this 8 function theory just made the knots tighter.

Anima/animus:

Shadow:

Also:
    "thinking should facilitate cognition and judgment, feeling should tell us how and to what extent a thing is important or unimportant for us, sensation should convey concrete reality to us through seeing, hearing, tasting, etc., and intuition should enable us to divine the hidden possibilities in the background, since these too belong to the complete picture of a given situation."["Psychological Types," ibid., par. 900.] - Jung
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Could that be because you also carry an abandoned INFJ template, i.e. shadow inside of you?
    Perhaps.

From my experience, INFJ describes my stress behavior better than ISTJ...if I understand...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Perhaps.

From my experience, INFJ describes my stress behavior better than ISTJ...if I understand...
    Do you externally pass moral judgments on people when you are angry with them?

Sent via Tapatalk

Consider the "bite" as a psyche-splitting trauma...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm new to this discussion and don't have a conclusion about any of it, but it does strike me that when we talk about how we behave when stressed, that there are many layers in that process. I don't see a continuum of type-shadow through which a person moves with varying degrees of stress, but something a bit more multifaceted.

I have experienced several levels of stress during my life and my reactions at various levels are different. I recently went through an experience of extreme, prolonged stress, and my reaction was atypically aggressive, blunt, and shockingly the opposite of who I am.

A more common reaction to even rather extreme stress has always been for me to withdraw. Emotional and even psychological shut-down is my first level of stress reaction and I become compliant in most ways, but unable to respond in many ways. My demeanor is gentle, vulnerable, and possibly even mellow in external presentation.

When pushed further I withdraw to feel intense emotional pain and fall into circular, emotional reasoning with negative fixation. I can cry with intensity for hours and agonize, plead inside for mercy from the universe.

After that level my emotional circuits overload and I end up in a state of pure detachment and sometimes clarity of reason. I can make complex, important decisions under that extreme stress almost like being in a state of pure Ti.

My one most extreme breakdown was one in which I screamed what I understood to be the truth, expressing it in a manner that didn't care for reasoned presentation, but the most shocking, visceral portrayal of my inner pain. It was so opposite of my normal self that it is frightening to people close to me even though I'm not causing any actual concrete damage to anything except possibly myself.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.