User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Thread: Shadow Type

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Werebudgie, It didn't "ping your radar" because yeghor is attempting to imitate an INFJ, thus attempting to sweep Fi-Ne or Ne-Fi under the rug or attempting to attune Ne to the caricature of the INFJ.
    Do I do that knowingly or unknowingly?

And what is Tony Stark's type?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    Possible. In the past, I've only seen INTPs do that (hardcore imitating INFJ as their type) using Ti. I agree that there's a caricature feel to yeghor's self presentation, that fits with my "is this satirical performance art?" thing.

But I still can't yet get my head around: how on earth would Fi-Ne or Ne-Fi yield the kind of weird stuff we're seeing here? (I know that may be a stupid question, I just can't seem to get a bead on this yet)
    Fi doesn't rely on logical consistency. Ti would be neater, more logically apt, and categorized systematically.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Fi doesn't rely on logical consistency. Ti would be neater, more logically apt, and categorized systematically.
    I do agree that Ti, in the dominant position, would probably be "neater, more logically apt, and categorized systematically." I've had that thought more than once as that's what I've seen with the Ti-doms pretending to be INFJs in the past.

But by the same token, Fi, in the dominant position, isn't so scattered either. In my experience ith my partner, when Te-inf feeds Fi-dom, it's much more linear and constrictive than what yeghor does with "logic" and argument. Now, you're saying that yeghor is trying to imitate an INFJ, so ... it's just, I understand INFPs sometimes mistype as INFJs, but I don't assume that's the same thing as someone trying to present themselves as INFJ to others. It just seems to me like Fi in the dominant position wouldn't allow such bullshit when it comes to presentation of the self.

I'm still finding this mysterious. eta: And really, I keep having the sense that there's some crucial missing piece(s) outside of MBTI/cognitive function dynamics.

Socionics
    ILI

I do agree that Ti, in the dominant position, would probably be "neater, more logically apt, and categorized systematically." I've had that thought more than once as that's what I've seen with the Ti-doms pretending to be INFJs in the past.

But by the same token, Fi, in the dominant position, isn't so scattered either. In my experience ith my partner, when Te-inf feeds Fi-dom, it's much more linear and constrictive than what yeghor does with "logic" and argument. Now, you're saying that yeghor is trying to imitate an INFJ, so ... it's just, I understand INFPs sometimes mistype as INFJs, but I don't assume that's the same thing as someone trying to present themselves as INFJ to others. It just seems to me like Fi in the dominant position wouldn't allow such bullshit when it comes to presentation of the self.

I'm still finding this mysterious.
    This boils down to the fact that the Ne-Fi or Fi-Ne mechanism being utilized here is in a defensive posture; it is attempting to preserve its own view that it is an INFJ by building the ego's own understanding of the entire system around the fact that the individual is an INFJ, a reference point that is objectively off-center from an exterior view but in-center from an interior view. Thus, what you see here is the byproduct of this self-delusion along with the explosive Ne that is attempting to specify every possibility into a framework being fine-tuned by Fi, which is perpetuating the self-delusion by understanding things in relation to the off-center point.

I had initially typed @yeghor as ENFP as well, I postulated INFP after he/she began avoiding my citation of evidence for xNFP, an avoidance that is indicative of a negatively expressed Te inferior.

...Another metaphor that's come up for me about how yeghor deals with information is a funnel cloud like in a tornado. The cloud hungrily (in this case, actually kind of desperately) sucks people's energy and information into itself, crudely reduces everything it sucks in into tiny pieces of debris, and spits the debris out several miles away from where it started (for clarity: I don't know if that's exactly how real funnel clouds work, it's just a metaphor for me, using funnel cloud as an anchor to put words to an inner dynamic image).
    Like a black hole, devouring things?

Like this?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

This boils down to the fact that the Ne-Fi or Fi-Ne mechanism being utilized here is in a defensive posture; it is attempting preserve its own view that it is an INFJ by building the ego's own understanding of the entire system around the fact that the individual is an INFJ, a reference point that is objectively off-center from an exterior view but in-center from an interior view. Thus, what you see here is the byproduct of this self-delusion along with the explosive Ne that is attempting to specify every possibility into a framework being fine-tuned by Fi, which is perpetuating the self-delusion by understanding things in relation to the off-center point.
    Well, the bolded part seems to link to something that came up an exchange I had with yeghor in another thread in a comment in which he was addressing me (I'm bolding the parts that are most directly linked and underlining the piece at the core, as related to this discussion now):

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    You' ve been irritated with others a few times before when they assumed ownership of your thoughts or distorted/misinterpreted them...I think you are possessive of your thoughts and ideas...they are your prized possessions...your craft...and how you value your self worth...

And the way you've dealt with those occassions felt alien too me...in comparison, it felt to me as if you had disengaged too easily and without too much remorse...Even though I aspire to be able to set boundaries like that in future it feels somehow wrong to me at the moment...I cannot identify with...You are my senior but I still cannot see myself acting that way in future...

And the temper thing and Se focus etc...All those accumulating data keeps raising this question in me..."If she's an INFJ, then what the hell am I?" I now fear someone will come along and ascribe this to my desire to be unique but it's not...

So long story short, I think you are a Ti-dom with a vey well developed Ni...that's why you are sensitive about your ideas, thoughts...they are your prized possessions...just like how a Fi-dom takes pride in his/her feelings...and dislikes it when others misinterpret their feelings or try to dictate them what to think feel...

Your focus on Se domain I believe stems from your Se-aux and irritation with human social constructs from your Fe-inf...It may also explain how you are able to disengage without too much qualms, and perhaps the temper I sense in you...

I've enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you WB...thanks for that..I'll continue responding where I deem necessary whether you respond back or not...I don't want this to be misconstrued as harassment or something...

All in all, I believe you are an ISTP with a well developed Ni...and also just another human being trying to find her way in the world...
    But @Alea_iacta_est - what would yield such a need for this type-related self-delusion/identity (or whatever it is) in the first place? That's tugging at me. I continue to get the feeling that it's not sourced to MBTI/cognitive function even if it's using cognitive functions in its processing and expression.

I'm still not sure about the INFP thing, but that may be primarily or only because I really feel that there are missing pieces here that I don't grasp (meaning, the source of the self-delusion and need for self-delusion - and I don't think being an INFJ is the core need, in this self-delusion, or if it is, it means something internally that I don't quite grasp right now)
    Last edited by Werebudgie; 03-23-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: fix a small grammar/clarity problem

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Like a black hole, devouring things?

Like this?

No.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Arrow

Watching you three is funny.

I don't know if I have an analog to any other similar such occurrence in this forum's history.

Maybe a little bit like Savage Idealist, Elfboy, and The Great One, or something...

But far less annoying...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

To Ti perhaps...?
    To everything. Perspectives i give are also simply meant to be functional on a higher/lower(depending on your perspective again) level as to allow creation and comparison/matching of different systems and find useful cross systemic patterns
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Here we go... These women look sexually appealing to me....What type are they?

OLDR
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.