User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Thread: Shadow Type

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Mmm...

This is the first time I have talked to him.

I am wary to type people I don't know all that well (unless it is blatantly obvious to me).

I don't really see the value in that INFJ vs INFP technique, anyway: I mean, why can't it just be said that he's ignoring reality?

Distinguishing between "ignoring reality" and "ignoring the facts and evidence" is a very confusing distinction, imo.
    Dang, it makes perfect sense in my head so far...

Perhaps it'll turn out to be as you say in future though....

Socionics
    ILI

Mmm...

This is the first time I have talked to him.

I am wary to type people I don't know all that well (unless it is blatantly obvious to me).

I don't really see the value in that INFJ vs INFP technique, anyway: I mean, why can't it just be said that he's ignoring reality?

Distinguishing between "ignoring reality" and "ignoring the facts and evidence" is a very confusing distinction, imo.
    The difference lies within the avoidance,

Se avoidance would be the denial of present trends in favor of future models, clinging to what the future has already predicted to be and ignoring present information that could change those trends. You would only see this in topics related to future trends, present information, and past lessons.

Te avoidance would be the denial of empirical, objective facts placed in front of the person, making them cling to their understanding of the situation and ignore evidence or opinions provided by others in favor of the subjective rational function. You would only see this in topics regarding knowledge, frameworks, and values.

This feels like watching Frankenstein's monster being put together...

I look on in fascination, but am also tempted to vomit at times.

Also, how did I *know* House was gunna get dragged into this?
    You don't think House is an INTJ do you?

That is a very flawed view of INTJs vs ENTPs.

Nothing about that description need to apply to INTJs, nor ENTPs.

Do you understand that you regularly make all kinds of flawed/false connections/associations?
    Aren't INTJs more pro-establishment and ENTPs more anti-establishment? Which one does House seem to fit more?

Cause INTJs would be more super-ego dominant hence more fearful of the external environment...They would be dependent on external structures (like Te) to thrive on...

Whereas ENTPs would be more id-dominant hence less fearful of the external environment...They would try to bend the environment to their wishes\will\preferences...Like bukowski (though he was an ESTP I guess)...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Dang, it makes perfect sense in my head so far...
    Important point: just cuz something makes sense in your head, doesn't mean it accurately reflects external reality.

Perhaps it'll turn out to be as you say in future though....
    I almost assure you it will.

You don't think House is an INTJ do you?
    I think something very much along the lines of what Eck said.

Aren't INTJs more pro-establishment and ENTPs more anti-establishment?
    Even if they were, which they necessarily aren't, that is a measure of relativity, not absolution.

If both INTJs and ENTPs can be highly anti-establishment, then can this at all be used as a relevant way to type House?

Cause INTJs would be more super-ego dominant hence more fearful of the external environment...They would be dependent on external structures (like Te) to thrive on...
    Once again, a bunch of bullshit connection-making.

Whereas ENTPs would be more id-dominant hence less fearful of the external environment...They would try to bend the environment to their wishes\will\preferences...
    And apparently we got a second helping...

Trying to bend the environment to their will... honestly, that doesn't sound potentially applicable to an INTJ to you?

You really need to learn to evaluate/second-guess your own thoughts before you just blurt them out/believe them.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Se avoidance would be the denial of present trends in favor of future models, clinging to what the future has already predicted to be and ignoring present information that could change those trends. You would only see this in topics related to future trends, present information, and past lessons.

Te avoidance would be the denial of empirical, objective facts placed in front of the person, making them cling to their understanding of the situation and ignore evidence or opinions provided by others in favor of the subjective rational function. You would only see this in topics regarding knowledge, frameworks, and values.
    I find the bolded to be highly suspect.

You're telling me that INFJs can't have the same problem when discussing knowledge, frameworks, and values?

Nor that INFPs can't have the same problems when discussing future trends, present information, and past lessons?

Those aren't two mutually exclusive domains -- there is plenty of crossover -- and, as such, the construction is not that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Here we go... These women look sexually appealing to me....What type are they?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This thread is completely all over the place
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Socionics
    ILI

I find the bolded to be highly suspect.

You're telling me that INFJs can't have the same problem when discussing knowledge, frameworks, and values?

Nor that INFPs can't have the same problems when discussing future trends, present information, and past lessons?

Those aren't two mutually exclusive domains -- there is plenty of crossover -- and, as such, the construction is not that useful.
    You are right, it would be highly improbable that it would be restricted to certain domains, apologies for misinformation on my part.

Socionics
    ILI

Here we go... These women look sexually appealing to me....What type are they?

This is a lost cause.