User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default What mbti type are you, and how would you prefer to learn?

I am an ENxP. I would prefer to learn by watching a video, actually doing something and engaging in hands-on learning, or by being taught in a "discussion-style" manner how to do something (like in an interactive class lecture for instance, not one where I am just listening to someone talk all day). I also hate to teach myself things, I would prefer to have an expert in the field show me how to do something. What are all of your mbti types, and how would you prefer to learn?

@Elfboy
    @Chanaynay

You two might like this thread.

Socionics
    ILI

INTJ. I love to figure things out for myself. I love problem-solving.

LadyLazarus

ISFP. By figuring it out myself as well as through trial and error.
    Mostly the second one.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I am an ENxP. I would prefer to learn by watching a video, actually doing something and engaging in hands-on learning, or by being taught in a "discussion-style" manner how to do something (like in an interactive class lecture for instance, not one where I am just listening to someone talk all day). I also hate to teach myself things, I would prefer to have an expert in the field show me how to do something. What are all of your mbti types, and how would you prefer to learn?

@Elfboy
    @Chanaynay

You two might like this thread.
    I also learn this way...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    yupp

allegedly INFP, I learn best by doing, quizzing myself,charts (anything that's visual), and watching things. I don't always process things by listening, even though I try. I tend to rememer faces and what things look like, before I remember names
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Interactive lecture
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

ENFP, figuring it out for myself
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

ENFJ.

I am a conceptualizer through and through. If I can't do that I will struggle.

I am mostly an auditory learner, supplemented by visual, and for some things practical/hands-on.

The way I learn is by deriving patterns from everything. I look at all of lots of examples, details, scenarios, etc. and try to identify commonalities between them. Eventually a pattern will emerge and I can then condense it down into something smaller. A "concept" to be applied to many cases depending on what it is. I do best when learning something that has to be applied, because then using/testing the concepts I condense down in essence "prove" it to me, and then it will be very solid. If I have to learn something that is mostly organizing a lot of information but it's simply information as-is that can't really be refined down I can struggle.

I am very verbal by my nature, and I learn best by listening to someone talk, having a conversation, or doing the talking myself. I can't explain why, but this makes things stick most to me. If I have to teach someone something I am learning or need to understand, I will get it to stick in my head very well, because it makes acutely aware of the areas I do not understand.

I am very good at picturing things in my head in 3 dimensions. Moving them around, manipulating them, etc. This makes things that involve graphs, figures, 3d objects and what not easy for me to grasp at and understand.

I'm also hands on to a degree. Sometimes I will hit a wall with what I am learning and can't complete it in a vacuum, and will benefit greatly from trying it on my own and mucking with it until I figure it out.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

deleted

I think my Holland's career code ties into my way of learning. Holland says Artistic-Investigatives are the "Architects" in the job world. I always score primarily Artistic, so I prefer creative and expressive ways of learning from others, via their voice inflections, in-the-moment impact and emphases, visual and spacial imagery and charts, media like paintings and movies I can personalize. I'm a very musical learner, but in that respect I just learn about all the emotions associated with music. Never usually poems, lyrics or the written. I don't think in words, so I don't learn very well from words. I learn from the beauty and expression of personal experiences and ideas. I love open-world video games, being able to learn by freedom and exploring. I score Investigative second--I tend to learn new things just by thinking about them, getting lost in my mind, and/or just talking them out with others. Also probably why I hate video game cutscenes. They leave out the investigating/adventuring part.

MBT: INFP, sometimes INTP. I'm feely on the inside but I also prefer thinking
    Sociotype: EII-Ne

Stansmith

ISFP

I prefer to learn about things that interest me through trial and error, and only check out the specific "How To's" when I'm feeling stuck..

EDIT: I scored artistic on a Holland Code quiz, if that tells you anything.