User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah I'm very good at auditory learning as well.
    It's not really auditory, though. It's the process of saying it that helps, not listening to myself say it. (Closest I can come to auditory learning is having a really good ear for music/pitch, but I'm not sure if that counts.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@chubber how is it that I learn again...spacial-visual? Is that what it's called? lol

Edit: Nvm I found it. ENtJ -- visual-spacial learner.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ENTP

INTJ

Ideally a combination of big-picture visual models, such as timelines and flowcharts, hands-on experience to apply them to, and a knowledgeable tutor to clarify misunderstandings. I've never undertaken learning something with all three, but I imagine I would achieve mastery very quickly.

I also imagine a cleverly constructed educational video game with learning statistics and real-time feedback/suggestions would be excellent.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    INTJ. I love to figure things out for myself. I love problem-solving.
    Tell that to an ENFP and see what happens.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights

That's interesting. I always contrasted myself with my INTP father because he is more methodical and precise, where I'm pretty straight-to-business and tend to experiment within reason. I think my ISTP brother falls in the middle. He's definitely methodical and precise too, but he also tends to be fairly practical whereas dad is heavy on the idealistic constraints. I'm all about just getting something to work and then letting the TPs figure out how to make it work best.

I think my steps would be something like:

1. Attempt to solve the problem intuitively on my own by tinkering, figure out main snare/s
    2. Research subject starting with snare and expanding to holistic understanding
    3. Apply understanding to tinkering
    4. Repeat until solved.
    * If no luck after reasonable attempts, or under time pressure, find someone better-versed in matter
    Yeah my process is similar. I also like to tinker with things as well.

My guess is we tend to draw a lot from our impressions of the world to start with and do a lot of research that's not necessarily geared towards T-style logic or S-style facts but more about complex relationships, trends, patterns, influences, developments, shifts, concepts, and so on. I find that generally if my N understanding of a subject is good, I can approach it from a T angle and derive a close-enough answer, even if my cognitive process behind getting that answer would aggravate a real T. From what I've experienced of ENFPs, most of us like to get the answer that works well and allows us to move on with what we're interested in, but we do tend to carry a certain amount of pride in our knowledge and capability that increases our desire for logical accuracy even if logical processing isn't our first interest or priority most of the time.

Personally I always used to be one of those "I want to do it myself!" kids all the time, but with age I've mellowed and in recent years I've really been appreciating letting the more logical people in my life handle the logical problems while I specialize in dealing with emotional people-situations, which is where I natively excel. Not that I don't still feel like proving my worth in the logical realm sometimes - it's just almost always for some kind of people-related or aesthetic purpose. I rarely delve into logic for the sake of it. I imagine that's fairly consistent across ENFPdom.
    I don't really think that I care about the logic behind the problem solving, and all I tend to care about is whether it works as well. However, often times I will be curious as to how something works though.

Huh, that's a Ti thing. In other words, I try to see how ideas fit the theory, and how they fit with the knowledge I had previously purchased. Rather than accepting what others have prepared, I try to use my own mind to produce knowledge. It is a true idiosyncratic logic, different from Te. Ti is like a large theoretical edifice, a map of the logical structure of the world and the laws that govern it. (The fact that I explain you this in such detail gives you a good idea of ​​what the Ti in my head)

This also involves some Ne, which is used to reconcile the apparently contradictory positions and collect various ideas to synthesize in one great general idea.
    Yeah, this is what I keep getting from Ti users: they care more about figuring out how something works then actually making it work in the first place. This makes no sense to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It's not really auditory, though. It's the process of saying it that helps, not listening to myself say it. (Closest I can come to auditory learning is having a really good ear for music/pitch, but I'm not sure if that counts.)
    Yeah, I guess what you have is what as known as a "social learning style". This is what I have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    INTJ

Ideally a combination of big-picture visual models, such as timelines and flowcharts, hands-on experience to apply them to, and a knowledgeable tutor to clarify misunderstandings. I've never undertaken learning something with all three, but I imagine I would achieve mastery very quickly.

I also imagine a cleverly constructed educational video game with learning statistics and real-time feedback/suggestions would be excellent.
    Yeah charts and graphs don't do much for me.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ENFP. I like to learn by demo/copy-cat. Brief videos, looking-over-the-shoulder, then jumping in to try it out works best for me. Rapid trial and error...I'm good at figuring out where I screwed up if I do make a mistake and seldom repeat it.

School learning by writing notes on the material (lectures are 1000% useless...I retain very little spoken word) and it makes an imprint. If I write it down, I won't forget it so I almost never look at my notes again. Oddly enough, it doesn't work if I type it out...

Step-by-step instructions are completely useless. I can't make sense of it when told and find it a waste of time when written out.

NPcomplete

INfP

I learn best when I'm figuring out things by myself. Ideally I'll have visuals (concept maps for the win) and eventually reinforce everything by discussing the topic with someone (Socratic-style discussions also for the win).