User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Prefer learning through reading and pondering things over, trying to find patterns and logical explanations.

I'm more visual and kinestetic than auditory. I tend to tune out during lectures and long explanations. I prefer to either read it or just jump in and try it.

Learning by doing, helps the information to crystallize better and helps me retain it over a longer term.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I know I'm highly visual, but overall pretty balanced. If I neglect any it doesn't work very well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

watching someone else do it in person or on video. interactive group discussion or by reading. i can't retain much by just sitting and listening.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hmm, I usually retain and integrate via doing things. Learning firsthand, doing it myself and playing around. Listening to people only does so much; I do most actual learning in my own time/space, either self study or practicing/doing it myself.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

INFP

I like drawing from multiple viewpoints and media to learn something new. Books, articles, forums, documentaries, video clips, lectures/podcasts—I'll scavenge them all and see what patterns show up. Visual representations and metaphors are really good, especially for scientific concepts. With like writing or cooking, I experiment to learn new techniques. It lets me adjust different elements to see how each changes the result.

This might sound crappy, but I learn a lot by watching other people fail.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    INTJ. I love to figure things out for myself. I love problem-solving.
    This is yet another reason why I am doubting my ENTP typing. To tell you the truth, I'm actually pretty damn good at problem solving. However, I feel like I don't solve problems like a Ti user, at all. No, instead I tend to solve problems like a Te user. My problem solving method is as follows: 1) Generate as many ideas as I can as to how I can solve a problem. 2) Do hours of research online on the problem that I am trying to solve. 3) Consult experts in the field of the problem that I am trying to solve and ask them what they would do. 4) Come up with a detailed step-by-step action plan for solving the problem. 4) Implement the plan.

Do you see what I mean? This sounds like a Te way to solve a problem, not a Ti way. It seems like Ti users just sit and ponder the solution to a problem in their own heads, and don't tend to put much emphasis on what experts in the field have to say. Isn't this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    watching someone else do it in person or on video. interactive group discussion or by reading. i can't retain much by just sitting and listening.
    You learn exactly like I do.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This is yet another reason why I am doubting my ENTP typing. To tell you the truth, I'm actually pretty damn good at problem solving. However, I feel like I don't solve problems like a Ti user, at all. No, instead I tend to solve problems like a Te user. My problem solving method is as follows: 1) Generate as many ideas as I can as to how I can solve a problem. 2) Do hours of research online on the problem that I am trying to solve. 3) Consult experts in the field of the problem that I am trying to solve and ask them what they would do. 4) Come up with a detailed step-by-step action plan for solving the problem. 4) Implement the plan.

Do you see what I mean? This sounds like a Te way to solve a problem, not a Ti way. It seems like Ti users just sit and ponder the solution to a problem in their own heads, and don't tend to put much emphasis on what experts in the field have to say. Isn't this right?

Sounds sort of like Je leading or at least emphasis on Je, Te is responsible for actively searching for sources for a concept in the environment that are thought to be objectively true, Ti juxtaposes this by attempting to reason the concept via subjective logical understanding. For instance, when I'm interested in a topic, I immediately synthesize sources by searching for them via the internet, and I will often attempt to apply that topic to almost everything to see what I can do with it. Je also defers to authorities on the subject, whereas Ji is more likely to question authorities on the subject.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Interesting, what type would you say you might be if not ENTP? You don't strike me as ENTJ, so maybe ESTJ? But you don't seem too SJ either. And I wouldn't say FJ. You seem kind of like a combination of ENTP and SJ if that makes any sense.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Interesting, what type would you say you might be if not ENTP? You don't strike me as ENTJ, so maybe ESTJ? But you don't seem too SJ either. And I wouldn't say FJ. You seem kind of like a combination of ENTP and SJ if that makes any sense.
    I would think that I'm ENFP then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    514 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I would think that I'm ENFP then.
    Maybe you're an ENFP with a good Te.

Answering the question of the topic, I'm a INTP and I learn better by myself. Unlike you, I tend to get bored when I have to listen to long explanations from someone else, or a video. Prefer to read it, analyze it and see how logical principles are connected.