• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul Typing

yeghor

Although I like Tim Burton's version better, the belowgiven scene between Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul made me wonder about their types...

There seems to be some kind of discrepancy in both characters between what they say (their values) and how they carry themselves (their body language) around...I think they were ill-suited for their roles...Liam Neeson seems like some kind of a feeler IRL he doesn't do well in heavy T roles...

Whereas Christian Bale feels like a T-type and sucks at idealist (F) roles...IMO...

So, what do you think their types are IRL and in the Batman Begins Movie...?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]
well, first off, Batman is not really a character I would compare to an "idealist" personality. he is dark and calculating and, not warm, humanistic and charismatic.

Batman: INTJ 1w9>5w6>3w4 Sp/Sx
Ra's Al Ghul: INTJ 8w7>5w6>3w4 Sx/?? who thinks he's a 1

yeghor

Thanks...Damn I need to learn more about enneagram some time...

About the typing...Could it be that the actors' real life demeanor is somehow contaminating that of the characters they are playing?

Bruce Wayne says something like "Give me more time...Gotham isn't beyond saving...There are good people here"...It doesn't feel like a very utilitarian\pragmatist Te approach to me...Neither does Ras' plan to wipe out the city rather than optimizing it and then taking it over...

I think there must be something more at play...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

About the typing...Could it be that the actors' real life demeanor is somehow contaminating that of the characters they are playing?

Bruce Wayne says something like "Give me more time...Gotham isn't beyond saving...There are good people here"...It doesn't feel like a very utilitarian\pragmatist Te approach to me...Neither does Ras' plan to wipe out the city rather than optimizing it and then taking it over...

Another fallacy of misunderstood MBTI: That you need to be an idealist to believe in or at least support community values.

Ras's judgment could easily express the severity of E1, but I haven't bothered to think about it much. And sometimes it's easier to just destroy everything and start from a fresh slate.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you need to be then? :)

You don't "need" to be anything.
Anyone can support their community values.

Type more determines how they go about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And Bruce Wayne's style feels more like...?

If I cared to comment on Bruce Wayne's type, I would have done so already.

I'm just stating broad principles of typing. You guys can argue specific type as much as you want until the bats come home to roost.

yeghor

If I cared to comment on Bruce Wayne's type, I would have done so already.

I'm just stating broad principles of typing. You guys can argue specific type as much as you want until the bats come home to roost.

Well, thanks for nothing then...;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he is an 8, they like to destroy shit :laugh:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Batman/Bruce Wayne: ISTJ
Ra's Al Ghul: INFJ

Liam Neeson: IXFX
Christian Bale: INFJ

yeghor

Batman/Bruce Wayne: ISTJ
Ra's Al Ghul: INFJ

Liam Neeson: IXFX
Christian Bale: INFJ

Hey SK, long time no see...:happy2:

Edit: Christian Bale is said to act very arrogant in the set, bullying the crew one some occasions...he had a voice recording about that where he was belittling and cussing a crew member for perceived incompetence...?

Liam Neeson feels like an ISFJ to me as well btw...

Last edited:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey SK, long time no see...:happy2:
:hi:

Edit: Christian Bale is said to act very arrogant in the set, bullying the crew one some occasions...he had a voice recording about that where he was belittling and cussing a crew member for perceived incompetence...?
I think that was a one-off meltdown. I don't think he's at all like that normally. Everything else I've read his co-stars and directors have said is highly positive.

He seems like one of those many prestigious INFJ actors (such as De Niro, Streep, Blanchett, Day-Lewis etc). They build characters so meticulously and disappear into roles so completely, and many of them are really into method acting (Bale included). He makes me think of them.

Liam Neeson feels like an ISFJ to me as well btw...
That's the vibe I get too, but I wasn't sure enough to say.

yeghor

:hi:

I think that was a one-off meltdown. I don't think he's at all like that normally. Everything else I've read his co-stars and directors have said is highly positive.

His upper face and eyes feel as if they were emotionless\paralyzed to me...That's what makes me think he's not an F...

He seems like one of those many prestigious INFJ actors (such as De Niro, Streep, Blanchett, Day-Lewis etc). They build characters so meticulously and disappear into roles so completely, and many of them are really into method acting (Bale included). He makes me think of them.

De Niro feels like ISTJ to me (he's got cold eyes, seems to play schizoid\emotionless types), Day-Lewis ISxP, Streep feels like a Fe-dom somehow...as for Blanchett, I've never been able to decide on her type so far...Her husband looks like an IxFP though...so Cate may be something like ExFJ?

INFJ under meltdown would act like a "dark" ENFP I guess...Was that how Christian Bale acted during his breakdown in the set...?

Ra's Al Ghul OTOH says arrogant\cocky words in the clip yet his body language is a calm\passive one...The energy in the words do not match the energy of his body language...

An INFJ IMO would've first tried to salvage\rectify the corrupt system and would've felt more remorse and internal friction due to having to resort to wiping out an entire system for a better one...Ra's is too content with it...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So enneagram 8 carries an impulsiveness with it...like Se?
very much so, yes (especially Sexual 8, they're basically predators)