User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Cool Ni doms and crazy people

So Ive noticed several infjs and intjs Ive met both on and offline will sometimes devolve into being crazy people. They seem to have a system or world in their head and they will talk themselves in circles and rationalize the world into being only what they want it to be. In this state talking to them is like knocking on the window to the house while they are sitting inside pondering. The outside world almost doesnt even exist. TS Eliot comes to mind.

From an Se standpoint this doesnt look healthy at all.

Are these people beyond helping? Or do I just need to grab them by the ear and make them climb a few mountains with me? Thoughts?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The mountaintop forge of Prophecy is transcended and revolved to Earth.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The mountaintop forge of Prophecy is transcended and revolved to Earth.
    Strong first post.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    Are these people beyond helping?
    yes

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I advocate the hiking option.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

lol ty badgerbro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

So Ive noticed several infjs and intjs Ive met both on and offline will sometimes devolve into being crazy people. They seem to have a system or world in their head and they will talk themselves in circles and rationalize the world into being only what they want it to be. In this state talking to them is like knocking on the window to the house while they are sitting inside pondering. The outside world almost doesnt even exist. TS Eliot comes to mind.

Are these people beyond helping? Or do I just need to grab them by the ear and make them climb a few mountains with me? Thoughts?
    Jung said that Ni by itself can potentially justify everything...

In one sense, Ni dooms are very mature and they have a lot to think about.
    In another sense, they are incredibly silly, and a Se guiding hand always helps them.

You need to make them glue pom-poms to popsicle sticks and take any random thrift shop object and smoke it like a bong and make them go on Sonic the Hedgehog Furry Fckfest and listen to Sigur Ros and complain to DJ Arendee about his money-makin companies and tap their fingernails against glass and drink frozen wheatgrass juice.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    You need to make them glue pom-poms to popsicle sticks and take any random thrift shop object and smoke it like a bong and make them go on Sonic the Hedgehog Furry Fckfest and listen to Sigur Ros and complain to DJ Arendee about his money-makin companies and tap their fingernails against glass and drink frozen wheatgrass juice.
    Poetic/therapeutic gold. Sure you're not an INFJ?

In general I'd say let them do their thing. It's like being interrupted in the middle of a project you're immersed in (an ongoing project with an ever-broadening scope). Is there a specific context in which Ni-Xi looping interferes with your plans?

That said, external influences can break the cycle if someone's short-circuiting and not just processing things, so playing counselor for a minute might be welcome, depending on the INJ.

I'd think it's best to let them build their walls, then hope they can find a way to tear it down a la Roger Waters.