User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    yupp

everyones crazy, no one's crazy. So really every person is simutaneously sane and insane, can we win at life this way? we have been for eons, so really just accept life and realize it's not just Ni doms that are insane. Everyone is insane, according to the government
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

grab them and climb the mountains...let them feel the Se wonderland, teach them how their Ni is sooo wrong.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    The schizotypal behavior/beliefs thing is funny; I've noticed in the past that sometimes I'll become almost genuinely convinced that everything around me is unreal, a stage, and as a result I'll be a little funny. A few times I've been in this mood out and about, and I'll come across someone familiar, and I'll say, "Hi, how are you", and he'll say "Good, you?", and I'll almost choke responding "good" in return because it all seems too funny and formulaic, as if I'm in a movie or something.

Is it this kind of 'reality is a stage' mood you are talking about, or something more insidious?

On an unrelated note, are you on PerC with the same username? I was on there until recently, when I realized I was wasting too much time so I went on a campaign to get a two-week ban. They permabanned me. The PerC mods are absurdly serious about people joking about getting banned, and former members who were banned, etc. Like my life depends on them, or something... I was the guy who emphemerality was trying to type at the same time as you.
    Yeah, I have the same username on PerC, so you were the Kollohosten (sp) person? Also figured out that I am not an LSI through his own help of trying to tell me I was.

That would be a slight example (nowhere near the worst of course, I have an extremely unhealthy INFJ grandmother who keeps talking about "them" or "they" and how "they" are trying to hurt/harass her). The Ni-Ti loop is infamous due to the fact that it cycles assumption (Ni insight) -> acceptance (Ti making logical sense out of the assumption based on logical principles and values) -> pure refinement (Ti frameworking) -> shot down by Ni as being too perfect -> another grandiose, similar assumption -> acceptance -> repeat, and, since Ti is based on logical principles, the assumption will seen perfectly normal and right, and worse, logically sound, when in fact the INFJ should be using Fe to verify in the environment whether or not the assumption is actually correct.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Yeah, I have the same username on PerC, so you were the Kollohosten (sp) person? Also figured out that I am not an LSI through his own help of trying to tell me I was.

That would be a slight example (nowhere near the worst of course, I have an extremely unhealthy INFJ grandmother who keeps talking about "them" or "they" and how "they" are trying to hurt/harass her). The Ni-Ti loop is infamous due to the fact that it cycles assumption (Ni insight) -> acceptance (Ti making logical sense out of the assumption based on logical principles and values) -> pure refinement (Ti frameworking) -> shot down by Ni as being too perfect -> another grandiose, similar assumption -> acceptance -> repeat, and, since Ti is based on logical principles, the assumption will seen perfectly normal and right, and worse, logically sound, when in fact the INFJ should be using Fe to verify in the environment whether or not the assumption is actually correct.
    Yeah, that was me. I didn't believe you were LSI; you were too similar to me from what I saw. Not sure what you are, though... I guess you could possibly be LII, or ILI; aren't those the big options to look at if you are INTJ in cognitive functions MBTI? Ask Figure, if you can. He knows what he is talking about; I am pretty sure of that. He is TGM, the INTJ Tommy on YouTube. Some of his videos are good; the one he made in response to DJArendee's Socionics video was good.

But did you decide on a type?

As for your INFJ grandmother; it's interesting you say that. I can see how an INFJ could get to that point if they let their imagination take over. I know that I have a really powerful imagination, and that in combination with Ni makes it really easy to 'make up stories' which culminate in 'epiphany' moments where I see it all; except that if the epiphany is wrong, I'm sunk because I generally fall for it hook, line, and sinker. I try to work out the epiphany with thinking, Ti I suppose, but tend not to question the basic thrust. It's a weakness... maybe...

I also believe in several conspiracy theories; notably that LBJ assassinated JFK in all probability. But lots of people believe in conspiracies; what distinguishes Ni > Ti externally from them? Or do you already need to know the type do you think?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Yeah, that was me. I didn't believe you were LSI; you were too similar to me from what I saw. Not sure what you are, though... I guess you could possibly be LII, or ILI; aren't those the big options to look at if you are INTJ in cognitive functions MBTI? Ask Figure, if you can. He knows what he is talking about; I am pretty sure of that. He is TGM, the INTJ Tommy on YouTube. Some of his videos are good; the one he made in response to DJArendee's Socionics video was good.

But did you decide on a type?

As for your INFJ grandmother; it's interesting you say that. I can see how an INFJ could get to that point if they let their imagination take over. I know that I have a really powerful imagination, and that in combination with Ni makes it really easy to 'make up stories' which culminate in 'epiphany' moments where I see it all; except that if the epiphany is wrong, I'm sunk because I generally fall for it hook, line, and sinker. I try to work out the epiphany with thinking, Ti I suppose, but tend not to question the basic thrust. It's a weakness... maybe...

I also believe in several conspiracy theories; notably that LBJ assassinated JFK in all probability. But lots of people believe in conspiracies; what distinguishes Ni > Ti externally from them? Or do you already need to know the type do you think?
    I went on a Socionics forum and got typed ILI. Plus everyone on here has told me how I radiate Te instead of Ti (which I don't think differ much between the two systems, unlike sensing), and others have called me an ENTJ.

Ni-Ti is distinguished from the rest of the conspiracy theorists because Ni-Ti types are the ones to usually make the conspiracies in the first place, the others may simply believe (or make their own, it's probability in this case) the unhealthy INxJ's conspiracy (though INFJ conspiracies can be more logically sound due to Ti).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Neurotic Ni-Doms seem to be prone to Schizotypal behavior, whacky thought processes without the outright hallucinations and delusions of Schizophrenia.
    Autistic INFP

LadyLazarus

I've always thought Ne-doms were craziest I feel like they're going a million miles an hour in every direction at all times, can't say I don't like it though.
    Ni-doms seem a lot more subdued in comparison, almost intimidating really.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Yeah, Ni-Ti system reminds me of a zero-g factory in space/vacuum...it produces a product/idea (a spaceship if you will) that has no trouble in surviving and navigating in that isolated space/vacuum but the trick is to see whether (or make sure that) it can survive and navigate outside the vacuum...

To that end, it now also feels like a womb somehow...

Edit: I think INTJs are, like INFJs, super-ego dominant...I wouldn't expect an Sx demeanor in an IxxJ, cause I imagine Sx as promiscuity, which I equate with Se function...it is rather related to id than superego...How do you experience Sx demeanor IRL?
    Last edited by yeghor; 03-27-2014 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    My mother is a living stereotype of an INFJ gone insane. It's sad.

She can not use critical thinking. The main issue is she thinks that she can, but she can't. She believes that the govnerment is ruled by the illumanti, they are trying to start a mass world genocide and are going to put people in to FEMA camps. She thinks vaccines are making is sick and killing people. She thinks the CDC is corrupt and is spreading misinformation. She thinks that naturopathic "medicine" is the only thing anyone should use. She thinks there are aliens watching the planet, and that the government is hiding them from us. I could go on, and on.

She comes from a noble start point, but it goes south almost at the starting gate.

She is completely beyond helping in every way. She's been slowly but surely loosing long term friends and family (me) because of it. It's more insane people that are replacing it, making the situation worse.
    Sounds like paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    So Ive noticed several infjs and intjs Ive met both on and offline will sometimes devolve into being crazy people. They seem to have a system or world in their head and they will talk themselves in circles and rationalize the world into being only what they want it to be. In this state talking to them is like knocking on the window to the house while they are sitting inside pondering. The outside world almost doesnt even exist. TS Eliot comes to mind.

From an Se standpoint this doesnt look healthy at all.

Are these people beyond helping? Or do I just need to grab them by the ear and make them climb a few mountains with me? Thoughts?
    yeah, I respond more to sticks than to carrots, even though its painful at first