User Tag List

First 123 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    So Ive noticed several infjs and intjs Ive met both on and offline will sometimes devolve into being crazy people. They seem to have a system or world in their head and they will talk themselves in circles and rationalize the world into being only what they want it to be. In this state talking to them is like knocking on the window to the house while they are sitting inside pondering. The outside world almost doesnt even exist. TS Eliot comes to mind.

From an Se standpoint this doesnt look healthy at all.

Are these people beyond helping? Or do I just need to grab them by the ear and make them climb a few mountains with me? Thoughts?
    If that's happening, the INxJ is in either an Ni-Ti or Ni-Fi loop, meaning that Fe or Te (respectively) aren't doing their job, which creates logic like this:

Healthy INTJ:
    Ni: I think aliens are orbiting the planet, observing us at all times.
    Te: That's irrational, there is no tangible evidence.
    Ni: You're right

Unhealthy INTJ:
    Fi: That actually makes sense to me.
    Ni: It's true then.

Same thing for the INFJ except replace Te with Fe and Fi with Ti.

Interestingly, the loops simulate a paranoid disorder (Ni-Fi) and schizotypal behavior/beliefs (Ni-Ti), and the reason they get so twisted is because they verify their insights with the introverted judging function, which isn't truly grounded in reality and instead verifies whether the insight makes sense or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm reasonably functional. Nobody said I also had to be sane. Screw sane.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Ginkgo

Don't forget the possibility that bashing the door down will just have them retreating into the cellar.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm reasonably functional. Nobody said I also had to be sane. Screw sane.
    Damn right.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

My mother is a living stereotype of an INFJ gone insane. It's sad.

She can not use critical thinking. The main issue is she thinks that she can, but she can't. She believes that the govnerment is ruled by the illumanti, they are trying to start a mass world genocide and are going to put people in to FEMA camps. She thinks vaccines are making is sick and killing people. She thinks the CDC is corrupt and is spreading misinformation. She thinks that naturopathic "medicine" is the only thing anyone should use. She thinks there are aliens watching the planet, and that the government is hiding them from us. I could go on, and on.

She comes from a noble start point, but it goes south almost at the starting gate.

She is completely beyond helping in every way. She's been slowly but surely loosing long term friends and family (me) because of it. It's more insane people that are replacing it, making the situation worse.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My mom thinks she saw a drone hovering over her in her apartment complex's swimming pool last summer. She is afraid of Sharia law coming to America. She regularly has visions of Jesus. She punched my sister-in-law in the stomach while praying for her to be healed. Well, she was punching the disease, not my sister-in-law but my sister-in-law was surrounding the disease so I'm sure it didn't feel great. She doesn't trust doctors and thinks they do more harm than good (medical errors are the eighth leading cause of death in the US, but she didn't actually research it or anything).

My mom is not an INFJ. I think she's an XXFP. She just ain't entirely right in the head. Mental illness is not unusual in my family. My great-grandfather died from drinking Lysol and my great Aunt spent some time in a mental hospital and had shock treatments, etc. My mom shot herself in the chest two years before I was born. So far, I'm just depressive, have ADHD, and maybe a little OCD. I've decided when I go crazy for real, I'm going to do protests and sit-ins and stuff. But I have to wait until the kids are all out of school because my husband spends most of his workday out of town and sleeps days.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    If that's happening, the INxJ is in either an Ni-Ti or Ni-Fi loop, meaning that Fe or Te (respectively) aren't doing their job, which creates logic like this:

Healthy INTJ:
    Te: That's irrational, there is no tangible evidence.
    Ni: You're right

Unhealthy INTJ:
    Fi: That actually makes sense to me.
    Ni: It's true then.

Same thing for the INFJ except replace Te with Fe and Fi with Ti.

Interestingly, the loops simulate a paranoid disorder (Ni-Fi) and schizotypal behavior/beliefs (Ni-Ti), and the reason they get so twisted is because they verify their insights with the introverted judging function, which isn't truly grounded in reality and instead verifies whether the insight makes sense or not.
    The schizotypal behavior/beliefs thing is funny; I've noticed in the past that sometimes I'll become almost genuinely convinced that everything around me is unreal, a stage, and as a result I'll be a little funny. A few times I've been in this mood out and about, and I'll come across someone familiar, and I'll say, "Hi, how are you", and he'll say "Good, you?", and I'll almost choke responding "good" in return because it all seems too funny and formulaic, as if I'm in a movie or something.

Is it this kind of 'reality is a stage' mood you are talking about, or something more insidious?

On an unrelated note, are you on PerC with the same username? I was on there until recently, when I realized I was wasting too much time so I went on a campaign to get a two-week ban. They permabanned me. The PerC mods are absurdly serious about people joking about getting banned, and former members who were banned, etc. Like my life depends on them, or something... I was the guy who emphemerality was trying to type at the same time as you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    My mother is a living stereotype of an INFJ gone insane. It's sad.

She can not use critical thinking. The main issue is she thinks that she can, but she can't. She believes that the govnerment is ruled by the illumanti, they are trying to start a mass world genocide and are going to put people in to FEMA camps. She thinks vaccines are making is sick and killing people. She thinks the CDC is corrupt and is spreading misinformation. She thinks that naturopathic "medicine" is the only thing anyone should use. She thinks there are aliens watching the planet, and that the government is hiding them from us. I could go on, and on.

She comes from a noble start point, but it goes south almost at the starting gate.

She is completely beyond helping in every way. She's been slowly but surely loosing long term friends and family (me) because of it. It's more insane people that are replacing it, making the situation worse.
    sounds infp. INFJ insanity is more like rationalizing everything to be good. "Im not suicidal, Im just exploring the depth of my psyche!" "Im not codependent, Im just polyamorous!"

Enneagram
    9w8

So Ive noticed several infjs and intjs Ive met both on and offline will sometimes devolve into being crazy people. They seem to have a system or world in their head and they will talk themselves in circles and rationalize the world into being only what they want it to be. In this state talking to them is like knocking on the window to the house while they are sitting inside pondering. The outside world almost doesnt even exist. TS Eliot comes to mind.

From an Se standpoint this doesnt look healthy at all.

Are these people beyond helping? Or do I just need to grab them by the ear and make them climb a few mountains with me? Thoughts?

So, how does one know that they need help? What if they're satisfied with their lives and ways and it's working for them. I mean TS Eliot made some amazing poetry that might not have been produced had someone "helped" him out of his insanity? I say as long as no one is being dismembered or murdered or abused, let the insane have their fun. I might even want to be insane someday. I've been thinking about it. , you know, as a career option. I've been known to draw the shades on people who peck on my windows while I'm pondering.

Maybe @RaptorWizard has a valid point. Is it possible that they only need help in the eyes of those who can't see where they're coming from?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENTP

sounds infp. INFJ insanity is more like rationalizing everything to be good. "Im not suicidal, Im just exploring the depth of my psyche!" "Im not codependent, Im just polyamorous!"
    I don't have any evidence to refute this, but what about INFJ's personality makeup suggests positivity? Ti's rationalization? I know I've been in Ni-Ti loops before that were far from reassuring, though I'm probably not INFJ.

Also, it's interesting hearing these schizo- stories, they sound frighteningly familiar.