• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 6

S

Stansmith

Hmm..

Six

Avoid the spotlight
Security
Dependable
Nervous
Endearingly awkward
Visible insecurity
Emotionally intense
Reactive
Pessimistic

Three

Want the spotlight
Success
Impressive
Composed
Admirably smooth
Confident appearance
Emotionally reserved
Cool
Optimistic

Six
Ambiverted
Affiliative
Performers
Relate to tradition
Politically inclined
Common values
Bonding
Seek security
Loyal & reliable
Anxiety-prone

Four
Introverted
Loners
Creators
Ignore tradition
Politically neutral
Personal truth
Reclusive
Seek ideal love
Different & sensitive
Fantasy-prone

Six

Suspicious
Agitated
Worrying
Magnify problems
Vent feelings
React
Intolerant
Negative
Engaged
Complicated
Irritable

Nine

Trusting
Easy-going
Unperturbed
Ignore problems
Hide feelings
Withdraw
Accepting
Positive
Disengaged
Uncomplicated
Serene

rav3n

CP sixes challenge authority because they're looking for authority to rely on. Eights challenge authority when authority appears incompetent. Authority is also transparent to eights, from the perspective that authority has power over eights because they're authority where the eight doesn't care if they're authority, perceiving others as individuals worthy of or not, of respect.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

How much do those comparisons take into account cp sixes?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea I would type as a 1 if I went by this.

That's just how I act on the outside though.

Maybe it's in my tritype :thinking:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah, I am noticing that I have more nine qualities than six... people tell me that I am too trusting/chill and don't react to the bad in people very readily, even when I should. I think it's just because I am very oblivious and I don't really care. And when people point out negatives about me ...it's very nine-ish. So maybe I am wrong about my core type, but I am still sure that 6 is in my tritype somehow. Ah well, 6-9-blank for now.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How much do those comparisons take into account cp sixes?

That's the reference to 6s vs. 8s. I thought I was an 8 for a while (because it's what the test told me and I didn't know much about enneagram at the time).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

That's the reference to 6s vs. 8s. I thought I was an 8 for a while (because it's what the test told me and I didn't know much about enneagram at the time).

You're more counter phobic? I never would have guessed.

Cool.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's OK, I guess, but it's more behavior-oriented and tends to make people hash through their varying contradictory behaviors. What you really need is to understand the core psychology behind each type and how that applies to your own mind.

I'm saying this only because I had to get away from one-word comparisons to figure out that I was definitively NOT a 6.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For myself I find this article pretty good... it illuminates a few dichotomies that are really key to me:

6 seek support vs. 2 seek love
6 look to authority vs. 2 become authority

6 seek security vs. 4 seek ideal love

6 aware of authority vs. 7 ignore authority

Sanj is right though. Core intention is everything. One-word lists can be illuminating or vague, depending on their accuracy to the core.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Great article! I found it very insightful and interesting. There's some very useful comparisons there. I have a few quibbles but they're minor compared with the overall accuracy.

It really helps me to better define 6s for myself. :yes:

That's an interesting thought. So do you think there's different flavours of 6s and that 6-ness can only be revealed in opposition to a similar type (ie. the type you misidentify with)? Like you with 6 vs. 8 and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] with 6 vs. 4. Is it something to do with the sheer breadth of the 6 type? :thinking: