123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Incompatibility of Myers Briggs Types

Do you think some types are incompatible with each other?

See Link Here

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I remember a few years back on PersonalityNation (when it still existed) someone had posted a few journal publications that studied exactly this. I wish I could find it, but I can't seem to. Either way it compared the ease of conversation, number of words said, and overall feeling each pair had (each type combination was set), and there was a pattern between which types matched best with others.

That said, I am not entirely sure I agree with the pairings the article you linked proposed. It makes sense on paper, but I wonder if it works well in practice. That and not everyone is going always fit in with it enough. With me anyway, the two main types I get irritated by the most do not fit these patterns.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

INTJ - ESFJ

possibly ESTP - INFP

(Just realized that these two pairs are conflicters in Socionics, interesting)

garbage

Chart-the-Course least compatible with Get-thing-Going
    / in other words: INFJ, ISTJ, INTJ, ISTP least compatible with ENFP, ESFJ, ENTP, ESFP
    Uh oh

Well, this whole idea seems akin to opposing Socionics quadras and classical temperaments also being kinda opposed to one another.

There are also some stats out there relating type-type to relationship satisfaction. Somewhere..

Ginkgo

Socionics compatibility behaves according to fluidity of communication. However, some things are better left not understood in the case that two individuals are compatible but are out for each others' throats. Just something to consider. Point being that sometimes, willingness to work on a relationship > inherent compatibility constraints.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The article lays out a few theories:

The Interaction Styles incompatibility theory

"Chart-the-Course least compatible with Get-thing-Going
    / in other words: INFJ, ISTJ, INTJ, ISTP least compatible with ENFP, ESFJ, ENTP, ESFP

In-Charge least compatible with Behind-the-Scenes
    / in other words: ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP least compatible with INFP, INTP, ISFJ, ISFP"

McAlpine's “Opposing Personality”

"This model is based on Beebe’s 8 functions theory and it states that incompatibility happens between the types with the same functions but opposite attitudes."

ENTJ least compatible with: INTP

ENTP least compatible with: INTJ

ENFJ least compatible with: INFP

ENFP least compatible with: INFJ

ISTJ least compatible with: ESTP

McAlpine's “Dynamic Opposites”

"The preferred cognitive process of one type is the least-conscious process of the other, thus creating the opportunity for a lot of tension and misunderstanding."

ENFP least compatible with: ESTP

ISTJ least compatible with: INFJ

ISTP least compatible with: INFP

ISFJ least compatible with: INTJ

ISFP least compatible with: INTP

INTJ least compatible with: ISFJ

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I tend to get along best with other Behind the Scenes people, followed by Get Things Going and worst with In Charge.

I don't recall ever having problems with ISFPs though. Sometimes with ESFPs. Maybe its just their dominant Se which is so weak of a function for me.

Overall I have the most trouble with ESTJs. A couple of exceptions though. @EJCC is is an awesome, healthy ESTJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    ISFP least compatible with: INTP
    I'm married to an ISFP. Failure to properly communicate is the biggest hurdle. Otherwise, they're quite similar in some ways. Both types crave independence and loathe feeling controlled and manipulated by others. Both types take pride or satisfaction from learning to do things themselves, although the ISFP will be a little more hands-on and is going to want to get right to the task at hand, whereas the INTP might be slightly more cautious or spend more time planning out said task and learning all of the details and concepts related to the task.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hm... I dunno. I feel like I get along with most types equally -- or at least it depends on the individual. The only reason why the "In Charge" vs. "Behind the Scenes" rivalry rang true for me, was that I always used to drive my INTP dad crazy, growing up. Any time I showed too much of the "In-Charge" thing without, in his view, doing enough preparatory calculation, it would really rub him the wrong way! I wonder if that's why ESTJs bother you, @Such Irony? Too quick to act, without enough deliberation? And/or (another thing that bothered my dad asking for more deliberative input only to not take that advice and go a different direction?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Uh oh

Well, this whole idea seems akin to opposing Socionics quadras and classical temperaments also being kinda opposed to one another.

There are also some stats out there relating type-type to relationship satisfaction. Somewhere..
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.