User Tag List

1231151 Last

LadyLazarus

Default Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Quite literally,every other time I look at the type label thing under someone's profile it says INFJ.Everywhere I look there's an INFJ,I can't take a swing in the dark without hitting one.Seriously,it's wall to wall INFJ's,I feel like I have those 4 letters tattooed on my eyes or something.

Freddy Krueger?INFJ.
    Florida?INFJ.
    That orange sitting in the fruit bowl?INFJ.
    Your grandma?INFJ.
    Banana flavored gum?INFJ.(as well as disgusting)
    My grandma?ESTP probably,since she's a drug dealer...she'll fuck you up.

Anyway,you get the point.

In all seriousness though,I am highly skeptical of the blatantly unrealistic number of INFJ's on this website,that is to say,there's just no way everyone of those people is an INFJ;I believe they are mostly either INFP's who want to be the special snowflake of MBTI,or very confused ISFJ's(who also want to be the special snowflake).
    Even though the internet is bound to attract more N's than you would normally see in real life,so to speak,I still find it very hard to believe that even a typology website would attract this many INFJ's,being that INFJ's are said to make up roughly 1% of the entire population.

What did that 1% just multiply itself by 10 and then flood straight into this website or something?

Frankly,I have no idea where I am going with this,it just makes me angry that so many people seem to be perfectly alright with using a tool meant for self-discovery/self-improvement to feed their own egos,to the point of being willing to lie to themselves.
    Last edited by LadyLazarus; 03-01-2014 at 09:49 PM.

WALMART

Yeah. It irritated me for a long time, when I started looking into type beyond what is immediately presented to those with intrigue.

My frustration still exists, but I feel I am knowledgeable enough to steer the waters without particular fret. It took a while.

This.

Probably the same reason why there are so many "INTPs" too.
    Last edited by Cygnus; 03-01-2014 at 06:53 PM.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    This.

http://youtube.com./watch?v=eQgYgmrOqrk

Probably the same reason why there are so many "INTPs" too.
    This guy.

It's true,it's all true.Especially the part about them getting off on their own special-ness.

Seriously,how the hell can people stand lying like that to themselves,just to feel special?

I am the only true INTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm not absolutely sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an INFP or ISFP but to me, INFJ seems to fit the best. I know my husband is an INTP. There is no doubt in my mind. You can imagine how weird our kids are and how bad we are at adulting. I am right now sitting in a hotel room with my husband and two daughters (19 & 20). I booked the room online. It turns out the hotel features a strip club, which we passed on the way to the restaurant. You can't imagine how 'special' I feel.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

You mean I don't count?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    You mean I don't count?
    Yeesh someone's self-absorbed.

Nah,you ESTJ's are cold hearted bastards and I can appreciate that.

Now shoo!Shouldn't you be off making some of your employees burst into tears?

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Yeah. It irritated me for a long time, when I started looking into type beyond what is immediately presented to those with intrigue.

My frustration still exists, but I feel I am knowledgeable enough to steer the waters without particular fret. It took a while.
    How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm not absolutely sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an INFP or ISFP but to me, INFJ seems to fit the best. I know my husband is an INTP. There is no doubt in my mind. You can imagine how weird our kids are and how bad we are at adulting. I am right now sitting in a hotel room with my husband and two daughters (19 & 20). I booked the room online. It turns out the hotel features a strip club, which we passed on the way to the restaurant. You can't imagine how 'special' I feel.
    Bear in mind that INFJs are so people-centric they often mistype as extroverts. And I mean extreme extroverts.

Also important is that INFPs feel strange to themselves, but INFJs appear strange to others. They're an anomaly. They're really rare. And they don't fit into any real modern social archetype. They're there, they're in the crowd of people, they dress like them, but there's something different about them. Not even different so much as unbelievable.

And ISFPs are hardly introverts in the sense that INs are. They're more the archetype of a cutesy "I just wanna be alone" girl in new multi-colored fashion clothing. Or something.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    And ISFPs are hardly introverts in the sense that INs are. They're more the archetype of a cutesy "I just wanna be alone" girl in new multi-colored fashion clothing. Or something.
    Have we met?