• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

L

LadyLazarus

Quite literally,every other time I look at the type label thing under someone's profile it says INFJ.Everywhere I look there's an INFJ,I can't take a swing in the dark without hitting one.Seriously,it's wall to wall INFJ's,I feel like I have those 4 letters tattooed on my eyes or something.

Freddy Krueger?INFJ.
Florida?INFJ.
That orange sitting in the fruit bowl?INFJ.
Your grandma?INFJ.
Banana flavored gum?INFJ.(as well as disgusting)
My grandma?ESTP probably,since she's a drug dealer...she'll fuck you up.

Anyway,you get the point.

In all seriousness though,I am highly skeptical of the blatantly unrealistic number of INFJ's on this website,that is to say,there's just no way everyone of those people is an INFJ;I believe they are mostly either INFP's who want to be the special snowflake of MBTI,or very confused ISFJ's(who also want to be the special snowflake).
Even though the internet is bound to attract more N's than you would normally see in real life,so to speak,I still find it very hard to believe that even a typology website would attract this many INFJ's,being that INFJ's are said to make up roughly 1% of the entire population.

What did that 1% just multiply itself by 10 and then flood straight into this website or something?

Frankly,I have no idea where I am going with this,it just makes me angry that so many people seem to be perfectly alright with using a tool meant for self-discovery/self-improvement to feed their own egos,to the point of being willing to lie to themselves.

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Yeah. It irritated me for a long time, when I started looking into type beyond what is immediately presented to those with intrigue.

My frustration still exists, but I feel I am knowledgeable enough to steer the waters without particular fret. It took a while.

Cygnus

This.

Probably the same reason why there are so many "INTPs" too.

Last edited:
L

LadyLazarus

This.

[video]http://youtube.com./watch?v=eQgYgmrOqrk[/video]

Probably the same reason why there are so many "INTPs" too.

This guy.

It's true,it's all true.Especially the part about them getting off on their own special-ness.

Seriously,how the hell can people stand lying like that to themselves,just to feel special?

I am the only true INTP.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not absolutely sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an INFP or ISFP but to me, INFJ seems to fit the best. I know my husband is an INTP. There is no doubt in my mind. You can imagine how weird our kids are and how bad we are at adulting. I am right now sitting in a hotel room with my husband and two daughters (19 & 20). I booked the room online. It turns out the hotel features a strip club, which we passed on the way to the restaurant. You can't imagine how 'special' I feel. :doh:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You mean I don't count? :huh:

L

LadyLazarus

You mean I don't count? :huh:

Yeesh someone's self-absorbed.:newwink:

Nah,you ESTJ's are cold hearted bastards and I can appreciate that.

Now shoo!Shouldn't you be off making some of your employees burst into tears?

L

LadyLazarus

Yeah. It irritated me for a long time, when I started looking into type beyond what is immediately presented to those with intrigue.

My frustration still exists, but I feel I am knowledgeable enough to steer the waters without particular fret. It took a while.

How did you do it?

Cygnus

I'm not absolutely sure I'm an INFJ. I could be an INFP or ISFP but to me, INFJ seems to fit the best. I know my husband is an INTP. There is no doubt in my mind. You can imagine how weird our kids are and how bad we are at adulting. I am right now sitting in a hotel room with my husband and two daughters (19 & 20). I booked the room online. It turns out the hotel features a strip club, which we passed on the way to the restaurant. You can't imagine how 'special' I feel. :doh:

Bear in mind that INFJs are so people-centric they often mistype as extroverts. And I mean extreme extroverts.

Also important is that INFPs feel strange to themselves, but INFJs appear strange to others. They're an anomaly. They're really rare. And they don't fit into any real modern social archetype. They're there, they're in the crowd of people, they dress like them, but there's something different about them. Not even different so much as unbelievable.

And ISFPs are hardly introverts in the sense that INs are. They're more the archetype of a cutesy "I just wanna be alone" girl in new multi-colored fashion clothing. Or something.

L

LadyLazarus

And ISFPs are hardly introverts in the sense that INs are. They're more the archetype of a cutesy "I just wanna be alone" girl in new multi-colored fashion clothing. Or something.

Have we met?

Susurrus

I'm surprised people deliberately would want to be an infj. I'd definitely trade the unique and special type for a more practical and grounded one like an ESTP or ENTJ. Anyone want to trade? Hey, I'll even throw in a free book of being psychic and stuff. People love that anyways.

L

LadyLazarus

I'm surprised people deliberately would want to be an infj. I'd definitely trade the unique and special type for a more practical and grounded one like an ESTP or ENTJ. Anyone want to trade? Hey, I'll even throw in a free book of being psychic and stuff. People love that anyways.

Why do fake INFJ's always bring up the psychic bullshit...?

That dude from the video was right,they're always all like"omfgz I'm such an INFJ!":dry:

Subscribing.

Susurrus

Why do fake INFJ's always bring up the psychic bullshit...?

That dude from the video was right,they're always all like"omfgz I'm such an INFJ!":dry:

Subscribing.

You're subscribing? OMG I subscribed too, are you sure you're not an INFJ? We're like SOOOO alike.

L

LadyLazarus

You're subscribing? OMG I subscribed too, are you sure you're not an INFJ? We're like SOOOO alike.

Did you just remove the thing that said you where an INFJ?:laugh:

I'm glad I started this thread; so fucking amusing.

Susurrus

Did you just remove the thing that said you where an INFJ?:laugh:

I'm glad I started this thread so fucking amusing.

Of course, I'm now too ashamed of wearing this badge. Who wants to be the slut type that everyone wants to fuck?