• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

L

LadyLazarus

ARGH! Why do all the new people keep reviving this?! I get it, you're all(somehow) actual INFJ's ok? I don't even give a shit anymore! :mad:

four

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4x3
Because I was looking for information on the different types, because that's why this forum exists, and it's public and open to "newcomers". If you don't want to read the posts, you don't have to, ya know? Is there a type that's a huge, angry spaz on the internet (type HASI)? Because that seems to be the type of about 50 percent of the people on these forums. Relax, yall.

Feline

This.

Probably the same reason why there are so many "INTPs" too.

Hi, I just figured out who you are. I watched your INTJs lol video and loled myself to pieces. INTJs is one of my favorite types. So I love observing them. Have to say you nailed it. Where the H did you find that tone of voice lol. That backwards head shake just conveyed so much of one flavor of their attitude. Nice little acting there.

I've seen them both to do the law by decree=as long as it's the label I apply that is all that matters shtick (spelling?).

Thanks for that!!!!

Must be some kind of interaction of functions but I always look the other way when I see them do this. It never bothers me. Because I always see their strength at the same time, probably because I've only met awesome INTJs so far. And there is this weird magic that if you say it is a certain way, sometimes it becomes that way. It's almost the same as fake it till you make it.

I've been appreciating the appearance of an extroverted sensor to the mbti discussion scene. Very refreshing as you have a very "observant" angle on the whole thing.
So thank you for the videos.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
I quite enjoyed this too, I'm prone to blunt humor, which often times no one gets.. a few INTP friends.. and although many others may type me as INFP...
I'm superbly Ti.. you know for me... I dont want to be rare or whatever.. but it certainly does explain why my personality doesnt fit.

If I hadn't met my INFJ friend 8 years ago, I would not have been able to balance myself so well, when we met he was twice my age and we go through the functions together in cycle experiencing things the same... i have never had such a mutual experience... I seem to never be in alignment with anyone... BUT when I dated an INFP it was close... but still certainly not the same, the difference provided excitement and perspective growth.

But I will tell you... those INFP's are my favorite, I really wish I could be more like them... because arent they the real Ideal?? Ahh if I wasnt so grounded.

I'm a hopeful, Ideal person coming from a circumstance... but to just be so hopeful and not have to train yourself?? Its beautiful. I love it. Give me an INFP man... and please.. don't let him change his mind.. this time.. Because I will never :/

Hi, I just figured out who you are. I watched your INTJs lol video and loled myself to pieces. INTJs is one of my favorite types. So I love observing them. Have to say you nailed it. Where the H did you find that tone of voice lol. That backwards head shake just conveyed so much of one flavor of their attitude. Nice little acting there.

I've seen them both to do the law by decree=as long as it's the label I apply that is all that matters shtick (spelling?).

Thanks for that!!!!

Must be some kind of interaction of functions but I always look the other way when I see them do this. It never bothers me. Because I always see their strength at the same time, probably because I've only met awesome INTJs so far. And there is this weird magic that if you say it is a certain way, sometimes it becomes that way. It's almost the same as fake it till you make it.

I've been appreciating the appearance of an extroverted sensor to the mbti discussion scene. Very refreshing as you have a very "observant" angle on the whole thing.
So thank you for the videos.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In honor of LadyLazarus, I bring you...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is an interesting thread. I do think a lot of INFJs are mistyped. I also think INFJs in general are attracted to forums like this. So are INFPs, INTPs, and INTJs.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I admit, it is curious to me how everyone has at least one infj ex and several infj friends. And everyone's mother was an overbearing enfj. I can't really talk, as I type as an infj and really do feel settled that I am one after meeting others. Also my mom is definitely an enfj. But numbers wise I can't account for it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ARGH! Why do all the new people keep reviving this?! I get it, you're all(somehow) actual INFJ's ok? I don't even give a shit anymore! :mad:
It's because you are LadyLazarus. It is your destiny to be continually resurrected.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I admit, it is curious to me how everyone has at least one infj ex and several infj friends. And everyone's mother was an overbearing enfj. I can't really talk, as I type as an infj and really do feel settled that I am one after meeting others. Also my mom is definitely an enfj. But numbers wise I can't account for it.
I suspect the INFJ category represents that which people don't understand. It can appeal to the individual who feels misunderstood and it appeals to typing those individuals in our lives that baffled us. This is very commonly the ex-girlfriend.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

'I feel Traumatized'

^ That's how people who've associated INFJs keep describing them as. Lolz.

However, it is possible that the INFJs described by these traumatized individuals to be mistyped INFJs.

In my personal interractions with INFJs I find them to be great people. However, it's hard not to notice that they ride high horses.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think many INFJs are really INFPs. And vice versa.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

No INFP who has learned the difference between Fi and Fe would ever want to pretend to be an INFJ.

So perhaps they would initially join as an INFJ, but after a while, when they realize - which they eventually would - would not return.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'I feel Traumatized'

^ That's how people who've associated INFJs keep describing them as. Lolz.

However, it is possible that the INFJs described by these traumatized individuals to be mistyped INFJs.

In my personal interractions with INFJs I find them to be great people. However, it's hard not to notice that they ride high horses.
We typically do not fully understand the individuals who hurt us or we could prevent it. I stand by my comment that people tend to type those they do not understand as INFJs. Jung says it is only 1% of the population is INFJ. The book "The Sociopath Next Door" says that there are 20% sociopathic individuals in society. If that is all correct, then it is far more likely to be traumatized by a sociopath of any type than an INFJ. The sociopath can disguise their identity and could be especially difficult to type. A lot of people have been traumatized by various types, although the INFJs I know usually only talk about it in private, or only talk about the real trauma in private, so you don't ever get to hear their side of it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Even just based on stereotypes, I don't see how the two could get confused. This duo has always perplexed me among other common mistypings. Someone thinks they're an introvert, and feels their emotions deeply, that's the only comparison I can see. What would cause the tendency to believe they were the other type?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd also say that there needs to be more categories.

There is a category of people that are by nature Ni-doms that invest their entire lives in the intangible world of speculation and are often a bit "off". I'm working with one lady right now that I would probably have to type as INFJ and she is a bit off. There is a type of extreme Ni-dom that seems almost a bit crazy in their singular focus on intuition. This includes some phenomenally creative artists as well as your local psychic. These individuals clearly fit the Ni-dom description that Jung provides.

There are also people who are abstract and intuitive that reasonably type as INFJs, but they don't fit the Ni-dom description that Jung presents. They are highly intuitive about human interactions and can predict behaviors in individuals and groups. They are inspired, insightful teachers, psychologists, etc. They are at home in the abstract, but are not disconnected from the pragmatic applications of it.

There are also ISFJs who are highly intuitive in their understanding of human nature who can seem a lot like INFJs, but they are fundamentally more concrete and adept in using Si. Such people could be either abstractly insightful ISFJs or IXFJs. I do think the X categories are legitimate. The functions don't always line up like little soldiers in our brains just because someone people wrote books saying it is so. (ISFJs are equally insightful when fully concrete, but my reference to insightful meant abstract insight)

Also, the INFP/INFJ distinction is a lot more complex than it appears on the surface. It is easy to be uncertain between the two largely because of the question of certitude, and other personality dynamics that could go into either category. Personality is a lot more complex that it reads in the abstract.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that if you haven't gotten a healthy dose of Fe in your life, as an INFJ, it can leave you a bit untethered and "out there". Ti is also pretty useful. I believe the development of Fe and Ti allow people to not just be abstract, but to see how those concepts are actually applicable to real life situations in a way that their observations are actually of some use.

It also seems to me that immaturity or dysfunction is prevalent enough in the world, that it stands to reason that there are plenty of messed up INFJs out there. Maybe certain bad traits express themselves in a particular typical way according to type, but they are not traits OF that type so much as expressions of the way that type would show immaturity or dysfunction, as opposed to other types. Any type under stress also acts in ways that are atypical of their usual way of operating. Usually when people coming here complaining of their terrible INFJ ex, they are in the middle of a falling out with them, so they are going to see their most negative traits.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand this idea of people who identify as INFJ being INFPs. They couldn't be more different to me. Introverted intuition is very different than extraverted intuition and introverted feeling is very different from extraverted feeling. One is a dominant perceiver and one is a dominant judger. I can see INFJ getting mixed up with ISFJ or ENFJ but not INFP. INFJs act a hell of a lot more like ISFJs than INFPs.