• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand but also am exasperated by these threads because every time I read one, I attempt to forcibly delete the entire notion of MBTI from my mind. I wrestle pretty fiercely for truth in self analysis, and after a good, long struggle I settled on INfJ. Yet, when I read this thread (and others like it) I'm conflicted because I'd rather be nothing than a poser. Ugh, that's sad (but true). It's of course very true that there are probably a million people mistyped as INFJ, which is why I hesitated to accept the results of several tests and much introspection, forcing myself to fully wade through it before settling. And yet, here I am wanting to identify as nothing again. Bleh, it's a conundrum.

Good thing I'm still me at the end of the day, not a label.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I see you switched back to INFP. May I ask why?
I don't know, I'm not quite sure on it anymore. While I may have the typical things about ISFP, I'm not really getting the impulsiveness of Se, and I'm rather Ne beforehand to be honest. I think INFP is accurate and ISFP is not, you just gotta look past stereotypes and simplified descriptions.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems like INFJ, being the most underrepresented in real life, is also the least understood within the academics of the various typology communities. Therefore if anything comes across with traits difficult to categorize, they must belong to the INFJ personality type (it's a catch all for all the special-snowflakes, E4's or not).

It would be interesting to read through a "how I got into the MBTI and my reaction thereafter" type of thread of all those who identify as INFJ within this community. I have felt since finding out my own type as INFJ and in relation to other's experiences, often the hallmark is that of the a double-edged sword realization. Those who misrepresent the type and are themselves mistyped seem to focus on all the characteristics that are "mystical or ethereal" rather than the practical applications of how the functions actually manifest themselves in everyday life. :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am INFJ, I can tell the future. oOHOOOOooOoOo you are going to wear clothes tomorrow. oOOoOoO

L

LadyLazarus

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]

kamina.jpg

Kamina actually strikes me as more of an ENFP.:shrug:

L

LadyLazarus

If I've learned anything from this site, it's that half of everybody is just a bunch of poseurs. S masquerading as N, ESFJs as ENFJs, ENTJs as ESTJs, ISTJs as INTJs, ESFPs as INFJs, ISFJs as INFJs, INFPs as INFJs, ENTPs as INFJs, ESFJs as INFJs, ISTJs as INFJs, ESTJs as INFJs.. the list just goes on and on.
:popc1:
We're all actually ESFJ's.

G

garbage

We're all actually ESFJ's.
I mean, probably. Everyone on this site just hates that side of themselves and wants to repress it, because their mothers are all ESFJs and they resent the overbearing blah blah etc Fe something

Everybody just plain ol' hates the Fe-dom mother, but they really want to be a particular Fe-aux. I guess?

But they're not allowed to be. You wanna be in a group representing 1.1% of the population? Too bad, you have to settle for another group that represents a whopping 2.3% of the population. Cry about it. I know that I cry for you.

Yeah, I don't think that many think that it matters to anyone. At all. Until we get some electrodes strapped to our heads and have slapped images of our brain activity on an EEG record, there's virtually no evidence to go on and very few damns to give.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I mean, probably. Everyone on this site just hates that side of themselves and wants to repress it, because their mothers are all ESFJs and they resent the overbearing blah blah etc

you caught me :mellow:

L

LadyLazarus

no Ive met sfps who attach emotions to random shit like pillows and whatnot.

Pillows have feelings too,looking at people abusing their kindness just makes me want to burst into tears.:cry:

At least pay them for their services,like hookers.

L

LadyLazarus

I mean, probably. Everyone on this site just hates that side of themselves and wants to repress it, because their mothers are all ESFJs and they resent the overbearing blah blah etc Fe something

Everybody just plain ol' hates the Fe-dom mother, but they're just fine with the Fe-aux. In fact, they really want to be a particular Fe-aux, because it's twice as rare as some of the other, more represented types around here.

Until we get some electrodes strapped to our heads and have slapped images of our brain activity on an EEG record, there's virtually no evidence to go on.
Agreed, no one wants to see themselves that way I suppose and actually my father is the ESFJ not my mom, which I find kind of hilarious, but yes that is still applicable,although I don't resent him,I don't exactly admire/want to be like him either...

Also,yes it's like once it's in aux,you're good to go you beautiful spirit whisperer you,but you better not have it as a dom function or else you are smothering and blahblahblah.:dry:

Yes,someone should really get on that.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I get two vibes from just about every thread I've read in the past month:
-One where you totally act your type and people are all "you're so quintessential xxxx".
-One where you just say stuff and people are all "sure you're an xxxx?", "poseur", "people mistype themselves all the time".

I was gonna say a lot of people here are obsessed with typing everyone all the time, but then I remembered the name of this forum ;)
but anyway, there's typing and there's stereotyping.
Eventhough you're bound to give away you're true nature in conversations sooner or later, doesn't rule out we all have our atypical quirks.
[MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] My mom's an ESFJ ! How did you know ? :rolleyes: but you do have a point : when I'm around my mom I always try to tone down her Fe-dom, especially in public, otherwise it just gets embarrasing. She's capable of being invited in other peoples bedroom to have a look around, 2 minutes after meeting them for the first time. True story ! :p

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

-One where you totally act your type and people are all "you're so quintessential xxxx".
-One where you just say stuff and people are all "sure you're an xxxx?", "poseur", "people mistype themselves all the time".

I was gonna say a lot of people here are obsessed with typing everyone all the time, but then I remembered the name of this forum ;)
but anyway, there's typing and there's stereotyping.
Eventhough you're bound to give away you're true nature in conversations sooner or later, doesn't rule out we all have our atypical quirks.

You sure you're an INFJ?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that is getting annoying. Last time that happened, we decided to keep it to a single thread where you could voice who you thought was mistyped, to save the rest of the forum the hassle.

G

garbage

- One where everyone's all "You posted this? Huh, I didn't realize that someone of type xxxx could think that way. I learned something today. Thanks for sharing!"

Wait, no, that never happens. :irked:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
- One where everyone's all "You posted this? Huh, I didn't realize that someone of type xxxx could think that way. I learned something today. Thanks for sharing!"

Wait, no, that never happens. :irked:

:thumbup:

I'm beginning to understand why people don't post their type ;)