• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
As an INFP I will freely admit to needing the whole world to see me as a special snowflake because that's what my fragile, special snowflake ego needs to bolster it, lest it caves in and finally makes me buy another puppy.

You ARE special, so please don't buy another puppy, because it will just grow up on you and pee in your floor. You don't need puppy pee to be special, cause no two snowflakes are alike, except they're all made of snow.

G

Ginkgo

You ARE special, so please don't buy another puppy, because it will just grow up on you and pee in your floor. You don't need puppy pee to be special, cause no two snowflakes are alike, except they're all made of snow.

500full.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
....isn't the thread topic a sweeping generalization (of mistyping) made on the OP's limited anecdotal evidence (the self-typing of active members)? how can you debate the generalization of whether a type is a more likely target for mistyping if you can't generalize about people who self type as that type?
You cannot productively debate a generalization simply by throwing out additional, equally unsubstantiated generalizations. That is not a debate, it is a free-for-all. Better to start assembling evidence for and against the generalization, or offering alternative generalizations supported by evidence and reason. There is nothing wrong with offering anecdotal evidence; it alone, however, will not support a convincing conclusion.

For example: what evidence do you have to support the statement that the INFJs who switch identification to another type are more likely to be real INFJs (presumably compared with those INFJs who do not switch type)? If your evidence is limited to personal experience with one or two INFJs, do not expect others to be convinced.

S

Society

For example: what evidence do you have to support the statement that the INFJs who switch identification to another type are more likely to be real INFJs (presumably compared with those INFJs who do not switch type)? If your evidence is limited to personal experience with one or two INFJs, do not expect others to be convinced.

i don't even know of anyone who switched types from INFJs to another in reaction to people's life stories with INFJs (i assume that whoever said that does know some), i just extrapolated the phenomena of filtering perspectives based on emotional implications to the possibility of changing one's understanding of MBTI to result in a different typing for yourself if the previous type comes to have negative implications. the specific implication was pure speculation on my part, completely theoretical & at this point i wouldn't argue for it being anything more.

You cannot productively debate a generalization simply by throwing out additional, equally unsubstantiated generalizations. That is not a debate, it is a free-for-all. Better to start assembling evidence for and against the generalization, or offering alternative generalizations supported by evidence and reason. There is nothing wrong with offering anecdotal evidence; it alone, however, will not support a convincing conclusion.
i am not sure if you posted as a member or as a mod, i thought it was the later, and under that assumption - allowing a main topic to generalize but not the posts about it seem to limit the debate to disagreeing with the OP (technically my posts do disagree with the OP, but thats besides the point). if you meant it as advice on how to not try to convince others of a point, thats true.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I agree with OA about infps not wanting to be perceived as being special which i have noticed. However infps tend to mistype themselves more so than infjs. Shouldn't infps being fi doms be more self aware or should we simply blame the type descriptions? Then again once then get a proper understanding of fi descriptions they seldom seem confused about their type.

Heh i wouldn't have been surprised if dj ( [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] ) said he worships those 3 infjs girls he know from rl. Dj why is it that you say ti types wouldn't get offended if someone said they were mistyped? I am curious to know.

because Ti doesnt identify itself in inanimate objects or concepts. Fi does things like give lamps emotions.

yeghor

Oh really? That's weird because it's Si.

I think Si-dom remembers how he\she internally felt when something familiar triggers a memory whereas (what I think [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] means is that) Fi-dom may attribute feelings (like personification) to external inanimate objects...

Something like "the tree was old, disfigured by the passing of time and the harsh wind that has been testing its will for ages...it almost had a sorrowful and tired gaze to it...fearfully awaiting the coming of inevitable darkness...."

Where a Si-dom may go more like "this food tastes like the food I ate and liked when I was a kid, and therefore makes me happy..."

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
its true. also the fact that I have publicly pronounced that INFJs are my official dual personality, loads of deluded women who want to feel "desirable" by an "authority" have surfaced.

You would not believe how many clients I have arguing with me when I tell them they arent infj. It happens at least twice a month. First they pay me to help them find their type, then they doll up on webcam and look pretty, and then I tell them they are entj or infp or esfj and suddenly there is a lot of frustration in the session. In the end I take their money and they remain the type they have chosen to be, regardless of how incorrect it is, and I milk these petty desperate filth for their money in hourly sessions. Its especially hilarious when they try to tell me what the function defi itions are as theyve defined them and how my understanding is wrong.

Dont pay for my for help when it isnt wanted.
It'd be peculiar to pay you for your services if they had already come in as a specific type. That in itself just looks bad; if they were solely interested in being desirable – that approach is clearly filled with error. I'd counsel them on decision-making and effective planning first and foremost (in regard to people), and maybe throw in some lessons on diplomacy.

I see. :) I worked with EEG in a medical setting.
Cool – it sounded like a possibility :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't even know of anyone who switched types from INFJs to another in reaction to people's life stories with INFJs (i assume that whoever said that does know some), i just extrapolated the phenomena of filtering perspectives based on emotional implications to the possibility of changing one's understanding of MBTI to result in a different typing for yourself if the previous type comes to have negative implications. the specific implication was pure speculation on my part, completely theoretical & at this point i wouldn't argue for it being anything more.
See - even this short explanation acknowledges the limits of your comment, making it more reasonable and less likely to offend.

i am not sure if you posted as a member or as a mod, i thought it was the later, and under that assumption - allowing a main topic to generalize but not the posts about it seem to limit the debate to disagreeing with the OP (technically my posts do disagree with the OP, but thats besides the point). if you meant it as advice on how to not try to convince others of a point, thats true.
The worth of my comments should be independent of my status as a mod. I might have given the same advice as a member, and in fact probably have given similar on other threads. Comments like the one below are clearly posted as a mod:

There have been some rather sweeping generalizations made based at best on limited anecdotal evidence, some in earnest, others perhaps in jest. While this is not against the rules, it is often unwelcome, especially to those so targeted.

In short: please rein it in a bit, and stay on topic.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wish I was INFJ.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You think everyone's ESFP.

Those last two quotes are about Raptorwizard..

I never claimed anyone else to be ESFP before that.

What's wrong with you? Haha.

Also, Noll was typed as ISFP before. I was just curious why he went back to INFP after seeming sure about ISFP.

R

Riva

I wish I was INFJ.

I wish i was an enfj. However it's not because i want to be special.

You think everyone's ESFP.

I don't know about everyone but i got typed esfp too.

Esfp 7w8 would be a nice combo come to think of it.

Those last two quotes are about Raptorwizard..

I never claimed anyone else to be ESFP before that.

What's wrong with you? Haha.

Also, Noll was typed as ISFP before. I was just curious why he went back to INFP after seeming sure about ISFP.

You sure?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
Esfp 7w8 would be a nice combo come to think of it.
kamina.jpg

G

garbage

If I've learned anything from this site, it's that half of everybody is just a bunch of poseurs. S masquerading as N, ESFJs as ENFJs, ENTJs as ESTJs, ISTJs as INTJs, ESFPs as INFJs, ISFJs as INFJs, INFPs as INFJs, ENTPs as INFJs, ESFJs as INFJs, ISTJs as INFJs, ESTJs as INFJs.. the list just goes on and on.
:popc1:

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
its true. also the fact that I have publicly pronounced that INFJs are my official dual personality, loads of deluded women who want to feel "desirable" by an "authority" have surfaced.

You would not believe how many clients I have arguing with me when I tell them they arent infj. It happens at least twice a month. First they pay me to help them find their type, then they doll up on webcam and look pretty, and then I tell them they are entj or infp or esfj and suddenly there is a lot of frustration in the session. In the end I take their money and they remain the type they have chosen to be, regardless of how incorrect it is, and I milk these petty desperate filth for their money in hourly sessions. Its especially hilarious when they try to tell me what the function defi itions are as theyve defined them and how my understanding is wrong.

Dont pay for my for help when it isnt wanted.

Do you find that men are more or less likely than women to 'identify' with the INFJ type description? It sounds like women... I would guess that more women would want to be INFJ if they actually aren't because the description is more feminine in American cultural terms. But I don't know...

And no, I'm not trying to get your help for free; I don't have a webcam, and even if I did, I spent like 100+ hours studying typology before I got to the right type. I wish I was an INTJ, but I'm not, so I had to admit reality and be an INFJ. And I'm not being rude either; I watched your video about people taking your 'life force' and I don't want to be ignored.