• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So let me get this straight. You people see DJ's observations as nothing more than angry bias, yet you don't step back for a second to consider if your opinion of N's superiority over S is bias or not?

Ne reads just as externally as Se, it just deals in different type of information leading to different perception of reality. Both have equal amounts of perception.

I didn't say it was superior to sensing. N and S each have their strengths, respectively. He's admitted himself in a different video that his need to "poke people with a stick" is a result of having weak intuition. ESTPs will do this to help them better understand people's underlying motives. That said, their dom Se makes them one of the best types at reading people.

And I wouldn't say Ne reads just as externally. It's more like this: Se reads externally, leaving few details unnoticed. Ne reads things that aren't immediately obvious, but might cause a person to miss a lot of the immediate details that a dom or aux Se user would pick up on.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I've worked with EEG; I'm saying that getting the equipment... the "okay" to run experiments and paying people to be a part of them is expensive. We've paid people over $100 each (however, over many sessions).
I see. :) I worked with EEG in a medical setting.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
That's nothing, [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] I worked with an EGG in a kitchen setting.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
^ and another one. :aquiver: Beware folks! They're using the INXJ disguise now! ;)

That's nothing, [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] I worked with an EGG in a kitchen setting.
:laugh:

So much more embryonic in principle than the EEG. You got me there. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
See? You guys are why I'm here. I love this.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
^ and another one. :aquiver: Beware folks! They're using the INXJ disguise now! ;)

:laugh:

So much more embryonic in principle than the EEG. You got me there. :D

Aw man, you recognized me! I'm really an ESTP on Prozac. (Or maybe that's a disguise, too, and I'm really an ISTJ whose a conartist that makes a living reading coffee grounds.)

[MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] me, too.

Cygnus

FTR, I think I know the answer to the whole INFJ debacle now.

Remember what [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] said about how these INFJ forums were holding these pogroms against their members, demanding they admit they're INFPs?

That's because over the internet, INFJs look shallow as fck.

Why, do you ask? The answer is simple. They don't understand Fi.

As feelers, INFJs and INFPs are both concerned about image.
However, they are concerned about different kinds of image.

The INFP has Fi. They value self-image.
The INFJ has Fe. They value image to others.

In real life, INFJs will be very people-centric. Many INFJs on the internet mistype as extroverts because of their extreme absorption with people. They are among the least introverted introverts and introversion will be less an integral part of their personality and more of a stumbling block.

The INFJ is like Simon from Lord of the Flies (for our purposes. He actually may be INFP...). He wants to be around other people, he wants to help, but he just can't.
They will face more of the typical "shy girl" story in their lives than INFPs.

So in real life, the INFJ will aim to blend in. In real life, they're easier to get to know, even if the hardest to really understand.

In real life, the INFP will appear darker, more afraid. Once you meet them, though, they reveal their inner simplicity. They actually talk a lot to people who are close to them. They can get pretty hyper.

But online, the INFJ has no self-image to broadcast, so all their inner depth will be overlooked. The INFP, on the other hand, breathes self-image, and since the internet is basically an "introverted" place, their Fi will tell you things about them you'd have never heard irl.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ You seem to very badly want my attention.

:coffee:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hasn't that always been the case?

R

Riva

I agree with OA about infps not wanting to be perceived as being special which i have noticed. However infps tend to mistype themselves more so than infjs. Shouldn't infps being fi doms be more self aware or should we simply blame the type descriptions? Then again once then get a proper understanding of fi descriptions they seldom seem confused about their type.

Heh i wouldn't have been surprised if dj ( [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] ) said he worships those 3 infjs girls he know from rl. Dj why is it that you say ti types wouldn't get offended if someone said they were mistyped? I am curious to know.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the bunch of softy INFJs are really INFPs until you press a couple of buttons and the little angry kitten comes out to scratch. :alttongue:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the record, I do want to state that I agree with the points raised by [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

For instance, I do agree with the fact that their flaws should be up for discussion just as much as the rest - though this kind of conversation seems to always somehow fall into the trap of becoming a bashing session, no matter the type, ime. And I do agree that the special snowflake stereotype for INFPs is one of the hardest ones to get rid of - and often untrue. Special snowflake syndrome happens in all types - mostly in people who just feel misunderstood and isolated in their lives, and that includes Infjs.

The problem is that that 'rarity' line in the INFJ and INTJ profiles tends to attract the people who are susceptible to that feeling. Whether they are in fact INFJ or not. And from what I've seen, both non-INFJs and INFJs with special snowflake syndrome are more likely to go on a witch hunt and crusade to 'unmask' supposedly fake infjs more readily and protect their special status.

Hell, the same happens with being NTs. How often didn't we laugh on here in the early years that typing as NT meant you had to earn your T-card first,coz they got tested, prodded and second-guessed from the moment they stepped in here, since there is a preference to type T and be considered 'rational and smart', especially for men. :rolleyes:

Get rid of the 'playing favourites' with types and you'll see whole lot less of this. Hell, that was the mission of this place in the first place: to bridge that gap and have equal appreciation for each type.

yeah sure, "type: DIVA"
:encore:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah sure, "type: DIVA"
:encore:

In my eyes, each person has an inner diva that should be allowed to shine :blowkiss:

Besides, people seem to insist on calling me that and it is the stereotype for the 4- I might as well own it :rock:

Lastly...what happens when you bring a bundle of special snowflakes together? That's right - the creation of a breathtaking winter landscape :wink:

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because most are INFPs, some are ISFPs, and a few are even xSTPs.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
The guy with the cat looks like an ISTP...

That's Deadmau5, a producer. Not my bag.
His cat is "professor meouwington phd". That's more like it. I had a cat called "pitou d'udecem d'acoz sans balles", but my favorite was Smokey. fyi.