• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be fair, and this goes with [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION]'s point as well, most people probably don't fit neatly into the archetype of 1 of 16, thus it's no wonder there are a lot of mistypes and/or people can't relate to descriptions or don't see themselves in them. The descriptions ARE stereotypes/categories. Some people might be so extreme/obvious that they clearly fit into one and only one, but a whole lot of other people don't fall in as neatly. Add to that the fact that there are about a bazillion ways people determine ones' type, so, it's not like the act of typing is super accurate or there's only one way. It's an incredibly loose theory/set of theories all intertwined and it's a bit of a crapshoot for one to muddle their way through all of the information and varying modes/opinions on typing.

L

LadyLazarus

opdsubp

I feel like this is what my arguments probably look like.

G

garbage

Man, this guy is pissed off.

10 minutes!? (edit: oh, it's because he repeats himself about six times) He said "That's all I got" five minutes into the video!! And then he went on for five more minutes!!

"Most INFPs who listened to me just now, the only thing they heard was RARR RARR RRARAR that's all they heard. [...] All they heard was frustration." But most ISTPs, ENFJs, ESTPs, and INTJs heard exactly the same thing. :bored:

__

Does anyone really give a damn about how rare one's type is? Really?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
10 minutes!? (edit: oh, it's because he repeats himself about 5 times)

__

:shrug: It can really soothe that pain of feeling isolated and alone in a world where nobody seems to understand you or care for you. It gives you a clear reason for that, and a validation that you are something special. So, yeah, people care. But then people care about the weirdest things and get into huge bitch fights for the most moronic stuff first to either entertain themselves of give themselves purpose, so it aint that surprising that this is one of those fights.

G

garbage

:shrug: It can really soothe that pain of feeling isolated and alone in a world where nobody seems to understand you or care for you. It gives you a clear reason for that, and a validation that you are something special. So, yeah, people care. But then people care about the weirdest things and get into huge bitch fights for the most moronic stuff first to either entertain themselves of give themselves purpose, so it aint that surprising that this is one of those fights.
Yeah, I shoulda included that caveat. :(

Perhaps I should've phrased it as "If your criteria for typing yourself includes that the type is seen as rare, then you're doing it wrong. Pick the damn label that fits."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
10 minutes!? (edit: oh, it's because he repeats himself about 5 times)

"Most INFPs who listened to me just now, the only thing they heard was RARR RARR RRARAR that's all they heard. [...] All they heard was frustration." But most ISTPs, ENFJs, ESTPs, and INTJs heard exactly the same thing. :bored:

__

Snowflakes they're delusional and think they're all different I disagree a snow flake pattern will probably end up repeating itself at least once snowflakes probably think they're INFJ 4 :dry:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I shoulda included that caveat. :(

Perhaps I should've phrased it as "If your criteria for typing yourself includes that the type is seen as rare, then you're doing it wrong. Pick the damn label that fits."

That pain still needs soothing :)

I guess it depends on what their priority is.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
They're INTJ's in disguise. And they have begun their takeover. :ninja:

Cygnus

10 minutes!? (edit: oh, it's because he repeats himself about six times) He said "That's all I got" five minutes into the video!! And then he went on for five more minutes!!

__

I must have no mirror neurons. I didn't hear "RARR RARR RARR," I heard his honest analysis of the cognitive functions.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha I love how DJ's video has invaded this thread. Happens in quite a few of them huh? :D

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His videos should be taken with a grain of salt. They're meant to be humorous and provoke responses from people, whether negative or positive.

That's sort of how STPs operate, seeing as they lack intuitive types' ability to see (very well) beyond what can be read externally. Let's not fault him for that.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait, that's him? My mind is blown :shock:

Just.. just :shock: all over up in here

You really didn't see the username "EJArendee" and think it may sound like DJ Arendee? :laugh: