User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

I think INFJ is a type that is not so riddled with stereotypes. INTxs are extreme nerds, INFPs are crybabies, ENTJs are fascists etc.

Yes INFJs are rare, probably lot of people who are typed INFJs are INFPs. But if it help them to feel better when they type INFJ let them do what ever the hell they want. Attacking INFJs with how they are all fake is becoming a worse cliche than mistyped INFJs.
    Rock'n'roll heart, rock'n'roll soul

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i know i'm not above it (the classic F disclaimer), but it just seems we could consolidate all these threads into a mini-forum entitled "the difficulty of not taking things personally for f types." maybe we need to employ some emotionally intelligent, T teachers. the first lesson could be, "a fixed sense of proportion: how to stay rational when you are angry." or maybe it's just " how to recognize when you are in fact angry."

so many to choose from!
    -self-esteem for introverts
    -how and why self-shaming needs to stop
    -why saying others "made you feel ___" is problematic
    -authenticity comes from self-respect
    -other's interpretations of you don't define you (except, well, politically)
    -overgeneralizations 101
    -fast and slow thinking systems
    -focus: increasing self-control (of some specific part of you)
    lol this is a good list. a lot of it is things i try to remind myself of pretty regularly. glad to know i'm not alone
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelstein View Post
    I think INFJ is a type that is not so riddled with stereotypes. INTxs are extreme nerds, INFPs are crybabies, ENTJs are fascists etc.
    Actually their stereotype is either goody-two shoes nerd or Jesus from what I've seen.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    Yes INFJs are rare, probably lot of people who are typed INFJs are INFPs. But if it help them to feel better when they type INFJ let them do what ever the hell they want. Attacking INFJs with how they are all fake is becoming a worse cliche than mistyped INFJs.
    Yeah so I've been told like 5 times this thread,it's just that after seeing my 105,000,000th INFJ yesterday I just kind of snapped,but yeah I guess there's no helping the delusional,it just disgusts me how they are willing to so bluntly taint something created for self help/discovery with their egos/lies is all.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    lol this is a good list. a lot of it is things i try to remind myself of pretty regularly. glad to know i'm not alone
    you're certainly not.

but, you extroverts tend to get some of these things figured out a bit sooner, so, ya know, you can actually do stuff and be with others without hating it. i'm just realizing that these are important to recognize, let alone consistently practicing them.

i know i have years and years behind me where i just assumed they must be stupid, everything must be stupid, everyone must be wrong, in large part because i did not take responsibility to figure out how to enjoy myself. it's not easy, because some of us have pretty huge emotional debts we're dealing with, that we overidentify with and, in so doing, underidentify with our capacity to DO WORK, to start building some surplus that can pay them off.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    Yeah so I've been told like 5 times this thread,it's just that after seeing my 105,000,000th INFJ yesterday I just kind of snapped,but yeah I guess there's no helping the delusional,it just disgusts me how they are willing to so bluntly taint something created for self help/discovery with their egos/lies is all.
    To be totally honest, I think a lot of people even here have pretty low self esteem, or at least have a lot of ego issues and they use typology as a tool to repair their broken egos, so no wonder a lot of people have special snowflake syndrome and like to type as INFJs. For some typology is just a way how to flatter their egos, not a self discovery tool.
    Rock'n'roll heart, rock'n'roll soul

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    From my new favorite typology-related website (that isn't a forum):
    So does this mean when angry (or under extreme stress) an INFP may act as an ENFJ...and and INFJ may act as an ENFP...

When angry, I sometimes lash out at people and say harsh things to hurt them, which I regret later ... Can this be coming from my shadow Ne-Fi?

How would this work for INFPs...? A shadow Fe-Ni?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

here are the specific items from your list i relate to personally.
    -how and why self-shaming needs to stop
    -authenticity comes from self-respect
    -other's interpretations of you don't define you (except, well, politically)
    -fast and slow thinking systems
    -focus: increasing self-control (of some specific part of you)
    you're certainly not.
    but, you extroverts tend to get some of these things figured out a bit sooner, so, ya know, you can actually do stuff and be with others without hating it. i'm just realizing that these are important to recognize, let alone consistently practicing them.

i know i have years and years behind me where i just assumed they must be stupid, everything must be stupid, everyone must be wrong, in large part because i did not take responsibility to figure out how to enjoy myself. it's not easy, because some of us have pretty huge emotional debts we're dealing with, that we overidentify with and, in so doing, underidentify with our capacity to DO WORK, to start building some surplus that can pay them off.
    i don't doubt that introverted feeling types have a different experience. and i do think extroversion can help me in taking resources from the external world to help my emotions, but it also makes me more susceptible to taking things in that actually make it worse, or focusing too much on the outside and submitting my feelings to a beating by whatever's out there. i can't imagine, though, not using the outside world so comfortably since it is almost a lifeline for me, so i don't envy you guys either.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    To be totally honest, I think a lot of people even here have pretty low self esteem, or at least have a lot of ego issues and they use typology as a tool to repair their broken egos, so no wonder a lot of people have special snowflake syndrome and like to type as INFJs. For some typology is just a way how to flatter their egos, not a self discovery tool.
    Hmm,yeah I guess you have a point,I did't think of it that way.I guess I was kind of rash in assuming that everyone who uses MBTI has a healthy sense of self-esteem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: