User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Overrated by whom? That's exactly the crucial point here...I can see how some people use it in a condescending manner...and it (the condescending thing) is wrong...However it doesn't necessarily mean it's (i.e. the behaviour) not true for (some) xxFPs...

Regarding pinning it on INFPs, why would it be OK to pin this one on INFJs but not INFPs...? It's contradictory in principle...

@Hard is relating his/her experience, just as you've been...It holds just the same weight as yours...I am sure he'll clarify this more but I think he's associating that "uniqueness syndrome" with enneagram 4 probably due to enneagram 4 "Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance."..., which I believe is somehow related with/correlated to Fi function (i.e. ego)...

About plenty of it (i.e. sense or rarity/uniqueness) manifesting among INFJs, there's the question whether those people have been INFJs at all to begin with...but I fear that you may ascribe that question to my desire to be unique as well...

You can also reverse the subjects of your comment and apply it to yourself...in that sense your comments feel like projection...

This is why I enjoy pointing out their common flaws & negative patterns among their type. It's my sense of fairness.
    You are attacking the INFJ type cause they make you look/feel bad (somehow)... that's vindictiveness not fairness...you are attacking wrong part of the problem...

The enjoying thing signifies you are compensating for something missing thru this...It makes you "happy" to make others (people whom you identify as the source of your unhappiness) "unhappy"...

To me it feels like it borders on jealousy and bullying...no different than one person hating another cause the other one garners much more attention/attraction...and you are trying to slander the other to even the playing field...you want the other to look bad...

OTOH, you may not even be an INFP to begin with...There's "too much" energy behind your comments...like that of an extravert...and you are making harsh and too definite judgments...you aren't leaving any room for error...

Again, are you certain that they have been started by "real" INFJs?

Originally Posted by yeghor
    The bolded is more propaganda. That has NOTHING to do with introverted feeling. Again, there is NO EVIDENCE of this attitude among INFPs, yet there is LOTS of it among INFJs.

And implying that INFJs are above it & INFPs are not (because it's now my own Fi motivation ) is exactly what you just did. If this has anything to do with INFPs or Fi, then why does it not occur in discussions among them, yet frequently does among INFJs? Your assertions are non-sensical.
    No more propaganda than your comments OA...Strong judgments again...feels like there's NO room for discussion...You somehow NEED INFJs to look bad...

I included that disclaimer so that you won't attack from this angle but it seems it didn't stop you anyway... I have only "your word" that it doesn't happen among INFP but happens frequently among INFJs...Even that's the case, it may then be related with Ni-dom perhaps...

Do INTJs act the same way towards INTPs or ISTPs who mistype as INTJs? If yes, do they do that out of a sense of superiority or a sense of correctness?

And, I for myself haven't (yet) created a forum topic about mistyped INFJs...

THERE IS NO BASIS for this propaganda that INFPs or the Fi ego have any connection to a "special snowflake syndrome" . This BS needs to end NOW. It's has no roots in reality & is degrading.
    I don't think it's confined to specifically to INFPs or Fi function...However, in case of INFPs it may be related with Fi and/or enneagram 4...This does NOT mean that ALL INFPs act this way...but SOME MAY DO...

I didn't do that...and I am an INFJ...This feels like selective perception...

And I think it's very productive to discuss INFJ flaws, because it's not done enough & they are way over-rated with massively fed egos, and it may actually lead to less mistypings (if that indeed is the goal).
    Actually I have an over-developed superego and an under-developed ego...Hence the lack of Fi and the codependent tendencies...My goal is to control dissemination of false (however inadvertant) information...not to slander any type...

What's the product that you hope to achieve in the end...Self-satisfaction at the expanse of others?

INFJs attack INFPs with this angle, as you just did with more unfounded ideas that Fi has anything to do with some sense of specialness.
    I don't think you are an INFP at all...ExFP perhaps...You are exuding too much energy for an introvert...That's just my opinion, not an attack...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This 'INFJ rareness' is a myth.

If you hunt down the origin of the stats, the source is highly questionable (see discussion here: http://thedeviantgentleman.tumblr.co...bti-statistics). Basically, a lot of websites seem to reference a "1964 study by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates", which apparently does not exist! The 'data' is actually the guesswork of ONE person.

A few random points:
    1. INFJs are not rare.
    2. The 'special snowflake syndrome' is not related to any type. It's related to insecurity.
    2. If rareness, lack of rareness, specialness, certain types, mistyped people, perception of types, etc., bother you very much, you are probably using typology wrong.
    3. The only way to cure bias is with love, not hatred. And there's enough love to go around, really.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

I knew this thread would be exciting.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    3. The only way to cure bias is with love, not hatred. And there's enough love to go around, really.
    NOT the Fe!!!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    NOT the Fe!!!
    Thank god my Fe isn't like that. I read it and thought, "what if the bias is/was love?"
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    NOT the Fe!!!

We shall conquer the world with Fe!

4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Oh. This is a beat up the INFJs thread. We need more of those around here.

NVM.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

Just be yourself, and realize that you probably aren't a special snow flake. and if you want be nice to people, so you'll get stuff in return. I'm nice generally, without being fake (yes it's possible) and people like to give me stuff. I can't count how many times I've just beeen standing there and someone gave me something and I didn't even ask. I think if you were like me, you'd be happier*

*you need to accept you're a good person, and treat people with respect, don't expect things from people, because the less you expect the more you get. In the grand scheme of things, realize that you're pretty much like everyone else, and this isn't a bad thing.
    Like I don't expect people to like me, just that most people do. I don't try to get people to like me.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

*hides her purse*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery