User Tag List

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Great post! The Fi and Fe descriptions also sound a lot like Intrapersonal and Interpersonal intelligence, which everyone possesses some degree of both.
    This is also an INFJ pattern, locking onto a need for definitional precision and trying to debunk one definiton with the introduction of another. To me, such things are overlappingly apparent without statement. Of course MBTI fails to capture the many nuances of people. It helps point the way to look at one facet among many, but that facet is an interesting one nonetheless.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

1w2 so/sx

Aw pb, you aren't suggesting that we amputate our Ti, are you?
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

Senior Member Array
    infj Ni

i know why people just look at good actors and assume they infjs,like oprah,tom cruise,jamie fox,
    they just assume that its like a because infjs are so rare and intuitive that all good actors that arre great and and artistic must be infjs,
    but o to they experts in typing people and you will see tom cruise is actualy istp,oprah enfj,and many people thought morgan freeman was an enfj because hes so charismatic but his actualy an istj

I'm thinking of being an INFJ for Halloween this year.
    Likes TheWebIWeave liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I'm thinking of being an INFJ for Halloween this year.
    You might just scare yourself, I might warn you.
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Junior Member Array
    INFj None

No, it's just that INFJs are very interested in following these threads. If all the other personalities were on this website. it would become an amusement park by now.

I don't think INFJs are as much as a special snowflake as they're coined to be either. I don't think they always feel good about being that person. Let's just treat them as any other MBTI type, shall we?

Junior Member Array

I doubt the accuracy of personality tests to really determine what category of personality traits exist within the entire global population. Moreover as populations and cultural identities shift there will always be an influx of one type over the other, as new types become more dominant while generational gaps widen.

The short answer is INFJs may not be as rare as originally thought. Our society is placing a higher value upon emotional intelligence than a generation ago. Works like Howard Gardner's has allowed primary school educators the right to encourage their pupils to experience all aspects of human personality. Self awareness is being taught in schools more often. Where as two decades ago just extroverted, sensing, thinking, judging were the more desirable traits in adults, so individuals modeled their personalities accordingly. The Internet may have also increased not only the desire to be, but the awareness that one might be, in fact an INFJ. Leading to more and more adults typing as INFJ than statistically noted.
    Last edited by TheWebIWeave; 08-08-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

Because this site is not representative of humanity in general. We are a clique, a village of lost souls.

Sorry you're not as special and unique a snowflake as you thought. You'll get over it...eventually.