User Tag List

First 2425051525354 Last

MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I admit, it is curious to me how everyone has at least one infj ex and several infj friends. And everyone's mother was an overbearing enfj. I can't really talk, as I type as an infj and really do feel settled that I am one after meeting others. Also my mom is definitely an enfj. But numbers wise I can't account for it.
    I suspect the INFJ category represents that which people don't understand. It can appeal to the individual who feels misunderstood and it appeals to typing those individuals in our lives that baffled us. This is very commonly the ex-girlfriend.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I admit, it is curious to me how everyone has at least one infj ex and several infj friends. And everyone's mother was an overbearing enfj. I can't really talk, as I type as an infj and really do feel settled that I am one after meeting others. Also my mom is definitely an enfj. But numbers wise I can't account for it.
    'I feel Traumatized'

^ That's how people who've associated INFJs keep describing them as. Lolz.

However, it is possible that the INFJs described by these traumatized individuals to be mistyped INFJs.

In my personal interractions with INFJs I find them to be great people. However, it's hard not to notice that they ride high horses.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I think many INFJs are really INFPs. And vice versa.
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    No INFP who has learned the difference between Fi and Fe would ever want to pretend to be an INFJ.

So perhaps they would initially join as an INFJ, but after a while, when they realize - which they eventually would - would not return.

MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    'I feel Traumatized'

^ That's how people who've associated INFJs keep describing them as. Lolz.

However, it is possible that the INFJs described by these traumatized individuals to be mistyped INFJs.

In my personal interractions with INFJs I find them to be great people. However, it's hard not to notice that they ride high horses.
    We typically do not fully understand the individuals who hurt us or we could prevent it. I stand by my comment that people tend to type those they do not understand as INFJs. Jung says it is only 1% of the population is INFJ. The book "The Sociopath Next Door" says that there are 20% sociopathic individuals in society. If that is all correct, then it is far more likely to be traumatized by a sociopath of any type than an INFJ. The sociopath can disguise their identity and could be especially difficult to type. A lot of people have been traumatized by various types, although the INFJs I know usually only talk about it in private, or only talk about the real trauma in private, so you don't ever get to hear their side of it.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Lol.
    “The moon had been observing the earth close-up longer than anyone...the moon remained silent; it told no stories. All it did was embrace the heavy past with a cool, measured detachment...No one could unlock the heart of the moon. Aomame...asked, “Have you gone to bed with someone in your arms lately?” 
The moon did not answer. 
“Do you have any friends?” she asked. 
The moon did not answer. 
“Don’t you get tired of always playing it cool?”
The moon did not answer.”
    Likes Vasilisa liked this post

Unapologetically Curious Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Even just based on stereotypes, I don't see how the two could get confused. This duo has always perplexed me among other common mistypings. Someone thinks they're an introvert, and feels their emotions deeply, that's the only comparison I can see. What would cause the tendency to believe they were the other type?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

I'd also say that there needs to be more categories.

There is a category of people that are by nature Ni-doms that invest their entire lives in the intangible world of speculation and are often a bit "off". I'm working with one lady right now that I would probably have to type as INFJ and she is a bit off. There is a type of extreme Ni-dom that seems almost a bit crazy in their singular focus on intuition. This includes some phenomenally creative artists as well as your local psychic. These individuals clearly fit the Ni-dom description that Jung provides.

There are also people who are abstract and intuitive that reasonably type as INFJs, but they don't fit the Ni-dom description that Jung presents. They are highly intuitive about human interactions and can predict behaviors in individuals and groups. They are inspired, insightful teachers, psychologists, etc. They are at home in the abstract, but are not disconnected from the pragmatic applications of it.

There are also ISFJs who are highly intuitive in their understanding of human nature who can seem a lot like INFJs, but they are fundamentally more concrete and adept in using Si. Such people could be either abstractly insightful ISFJs or IXFJs. I do think the X categories are legitimate. The functions don't always line up like little soldiers in our brains just because someone people wrote books saying it is so. (ISFJs are equally insightful when fully concrete, but my reference to insightful meant abstract insight)

Also, the INFP/INFJ distinction is a lot more complex than it appears on the surface. It is easy to be uncertain between the two largely because of the question of certitude, and other personality dynamics that could go into either category. Personality is a lot more complex that it reads in the abstract.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think that if you haven't gotten a healthy dose of Fe in your life, as an INFJ, it can leave you a bit untethered and "out there". Ti is also pretty useful. I believe the development of Fe and Ti allow people to not just be abstract, but to see how those concepts are actually applicable to real life situations in a way that their observations are actually of some use.

It also seems to me that immaturity or dysfunction is prevalent enough in the world, that it stands to reason that there are plenty of messed up INFJs out there. Maybe certain bad traits express themselves in a particular typical way according to type, but they are not traits OF that type so much as expressions of the way that type would show immaturity or dysfunction, as opposed to other types. Any type under stress also acts in ways that are atypical of their usual way of operating. Usually when people coming here complaining of their terrible INFJ ex, they are in the middle of a falling out with them, so they are going to see their most negative traits.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't understand this idea of people who identify as INFJ being INFPs. They couldn't be more different to me. Introverted intuition is very different than extraverted intuition and introverted feeling is very different from extraverted feeling. One is a dominant perceiver and one is a dominant judger. I can see INFJ getting mixed up with ISFJ or ENFJ but not INFP. INFJs act a hell of a lot more like ISFJs than INFPs.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639