User Tag List

First 384647484950 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I know. Even though INFJs make up only 1% of the population of the United States, that would still mean there are 3,300,000 of them. Factor in other details such as Ni, Fi, and Ti motivations for understanding esoteric systems and the availability of the internet and we reach an interesting conclusion.
    I don't trust these statistics so much I mean...10% of the population ISTJ? cmon..when was the last time you saw an ISTJ/ISTP?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    I don't trust these statistics so much I mean...10% of the population ISTJ? cmon..when was the last time you saw an ISTJ/ISTP?
    Today. (2 for ISTJ, 1 for ISTP)

Or do you mean on the internet?

In real life? I met like 2 ISTP my whole life

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I'm looking around on google scholar trying to see if there are studies that have looked into commonality, but I didn't really see anything that look explicitly into this. I'm also not looking terribly hard. Either way, it's always seemed to me like type frequency has been a lot of hear-say and not much else.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

In real life? I met like 2 ISTP my whole life
    And that's just the confirmed ones I saw today.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm looking around on google scholar trying to see if there are studies that have looked into commonality, but I didn't really see anything that look explicitly into this. I'm also not looking terribly hard. Either way, it's always seemed to me like type frequency has been a lot of hear-say and not much else.
    It really is simply here-say, but it is the best estimate we have on hand, and I was using it to illustrate a point. (That point being that even if INFJs actually did compromise 1% of the population, 1% still yields a somewhat large number of people.)

It would be safe to say that the INFJ personality is more realistically greater than 1 or 2% of the population based simply on probability, to gather a 1% estimate off of a small testing sample yields suspicion.

We also must consider the fact that these statistics were derived from dichotomy based testing, which is shunned here.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It really is simply here-say, but it is the best estimate we have on hand, and I was using it to illustrate a point. (That point being that even if INFJs actually did compromise 1% of the population, 1% still yields a somewhat large number of people.)

It would be safe to say that the INFJ personality is more realistically greater than 1 or 2% of the population based simply on probability, to gather a 1% estimate off of a small testing sample yields suspicion.
    What I was able to find was the following citation: "Estimated frequencies of the MBTI types" M.H. McCaulley, G.P. Macdaid, R.I. Kainz, Journal of Psychological Type, 1985, 45. Several papers cite this as well, but there seems to be some inconsistency with the journal authors which raises a few alarm bells. The biggest that Elizabeth Meyers was supposadly part of this. Sadly, my university does not have access to this paper, and when I go to the journal site itself, it doesn't seem to list it. There's lots of studies for type frequencies within various situations, careers, etc. but that would take A LOT of work to aggregate all that (and even then I suspect it would be incomplete), and I don't have the time.

I just like hard evidence for satistics and stuff .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I've never (mis)typed as an INFJ. Don't I deserve an award or something for this? WHY AREN'T Y'ALL WORSHIPING ME YET?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    What I was able to find was the following citation: "Estimated frequencies of the MBTI types" M.H. McCaulley, G.P. Macdaid, R.I. Kainz, Journal of Psychological Type, 1985, 45. Several papers cite this as well, but there seems to be some inconsistency with the journal authors which raises a few alarm bells. The biggest that Elizabeth Meyers was supposadly part of this. Sadly, my university does not have access to this paper, and when I go to the journal site itself, it doesn't seem to list it. There's lots of studies for type frequencies within various situations, careers, etc. but that would take A LOT of work to aggregate all that (and even then I suspect it would be incomplete), and I don't have the time.

I just like hard evidence for satistics and stuff .
    Nonetheless, said statistics illustrate the copious amounts of INFJs in the United States at the exact minimum, and have some weight since they are "commonly-accepted" to be true.
    Last edited by Alea_iacta_est; 04-03-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: clarification and fixing of wrong assertion

If I just went by outward appearance and behavior--what is observable--I could conclude that a good number of my co-workers are either type.