User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

because we bleed angel tears and get away with being right when we're not. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Wow
    @Mane, you have effectively demonstrated the twisting and distort ions of assumptions. I find you emotionally abusive. No more for me thanks.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I am, I'm just having some lighthearted fun with this thread
    Fun? You're having fun? Awwwww.

The problem is that some people will use the safety of a 'rant' as a platform for campaigning their vision as 'truth', unfortunately. Makes it hard to make these distinctions into a workable, realistic model, it seems. But I still think it is worth the brainstorm to see if we cannot make it work to minimise these kind of train wrecks.
    Yeah, how would it actually work/be implemented, in your view?

(or since you're Ne-dom and talking about brainstorming, maybe I should ask it like: what are the various/many possible ways it might work .... did I get that re-phrased question at all correct?)

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You darn straight - us we INFJs should really get their coffee served intravenously to function properly throughout the day.

/Ti

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    because we bleed angel tears and get away with being right when we're not. :p
    Uh huh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Uh huh.
    exactly. *nods*

Society

an unhealthy INFJ finding the act of explaining to them how their behavior is emotionally abusive to be emotionally abusive? shocking

truth hurts fia. goodbye

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Wow
    @Mane, you have effectively demonstrated the twisting and distort ions of assumptions. I find you emotionally abusive. No more for me thanks.
    oooh oooh oooh. I'm in an onry passive aggressive mood. you can send him my way and I'll dissect him evil-y for fun.
    I love being a jerk face to emotionally abusive trolls. It's so much fun!

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    In a way you just did.
    Also, It was posted for what, a couple of hours with a very mixed demographic of types. Which type would feel targeted? There is zero comparison, Mane. What you have done to specifically the INFJs here is completely different from what I have seen from anyone else except for one or two others. You have demanded INFJs on this site apologize to just "prove an INFJ can". You have never apologized for the way you treat INFJs. I owned my behavior in this thread, but do you own yours? I called myself a bitch? What are you? Maybe I should start threads targeting some type demanding something like that and see what happens. It is just incredibly icky to me to do it because I don't think it is based on reason or anything productive.

I just wish you had enough empathy to start to comprehend what my reactions have been. There are reasons, but it has nothing to do with being an INFJ or caring about "looking good" or "being altruistic". I don't care if defending certain friends is altruistic, hedonistic, or downright evil. I'm a post-trauma nihilistic atheist, so what is my motivation to "look good". I'm not Martha Stewart or Ghandi. I trust almost no one and I don't expect people trust me.

I think that you value your own pain above everyone else's to the point that you expect everyone else to universalize it right along with you. Consider that other people have had more pain as the result of some other type. I can't explain on the boards why I pushed back at different junctures because I have the decency not to expose the specifics of pain cause to me personally in my life. Just realize that there is always a reason for why people do and say what they do and it isn't always based on your assumptions about how types respond. There are reasons I have been defensive, but those reasons are different from your assumptions, but I pretty much have to leave you with your assumptions because 1) they will never change 2) I won't betray even the people who have hurt me to the edge of my sanity.

Edit: I should also address your comment asking "are those other types giving self-righteous justification for their right to give nervous breakdowns". You hear me saying that? In the thread about cheating, did I give a self-righteous justification for INFJs cheating? If a person talks shit about any of my friends I will push back whether it is INFJ, polish, Irish, musicians, or whatever if done unjustly. I would like to think you would defend your friends as well. It's a rather normal thing for people to do.

I also don't think that all INTPs and all INFPs tend to give people nervous breakdowns, so I'm not even making the same level of universalized claim. I've been destroyed by on particular type, and I have entertained the thought of attacking them like crazy just for stress relief, but I realize it's just stupid and unfair and would probably hurt someone even though I could present it in a way that there would be some truth to it.
    Sounds like INFP to me. Probably going to INFP doorslam me now, too.

Wailing For Eternity imsofabulous's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

I see these sorts of threads pop up from time to time and they all ways manage to confuse me on several levels.

The first is a misunderstanding, and the extremely dubious nature of MBTI statistics. People often use the case of: All my friends are INXXs, or there are a disproportionate number of INXXs running around. That is an entirely erroneous basis, because in all likelihood the number of friends or forumers would be insignificant, to act as evidence of anything. Myers original study had 10,000 people, this forum has an active population of at best a couple of hundred?

The second is that these discussions have always smacked of schadenfreude, there is always this sense that tearing down wannabe INFJs brings with it a sense of moral righteousness, a way of directing life’s bitterness and anguish at a convenient target.

This brings me to my third point; that this is all pseudoscience which is not to say it does not have merit, just that it should be taken with a grain of salt. Use what helps you, discard all that would hold you back, and the moment you find yourself taking all of this so incredibly seriously, well that is the time you take everything you know about typology pour kerosene over it and let it burn.

My last point is what does it really matter if there are mistypes? If we accept that typology is too uncertain for scientific purposes then all we are really left with is that of personal use. A tool for self-awareness, in which case perhaps a mistype is a stepping stone for self-revelations and if it helps them along their path do you begrudge them that?

Disclaimer: None of this was directed at anyone in particular merely some thoughts that had been percolating in my mind after seeing so many of these threads.
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed; And on the pedestal, these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)