User Tag List

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 568

Thread: Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

  1. #321
    Senior Member Array Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    As an INFP I will freely admit to needing the whole world to see me as a special snowflake because that's what my fragile, special snowflake ego needs to bolster it, lest it caves in and finally makes me buy another puppy.
    You ARE special, so please don't buy another puppy, because it will just grow up on you and pee in your floor. You don't need puppy pee to be special, cause no two snowflakes are alike, except they're all made of snow.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  2. #322
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    You ARE special, so please don't buy another puppy, because it will just grow up on you and pee in your floor. You don't need puppy pee to be special, cause no two snowflakes are alike, except they're all made of snow.

  3. #323
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    15,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ....isn't the thread topic a sweeping generalization (of mistyping) made on the OP's limited anecdotal evidence (the self-typing of active members)? how can you debate the generalization of whether a type is a more likely target for mistyping if you can't generalize about people who self type as that type?
    You cannot productively debate a generalization simply by throwing out additional, equally unsubstantiated generalizations. That is not a debate, it is a free-for-all. Better to start assembling evidence for and against the generalization, or offering alternative generalizations supported by evidence and reason. There is nothing wrong with offering anecdotal evidence; it alone, however, will not support a convincing conclusion.

    For example: what evidence do you have to support the statement that the INFJs who switch identification to another type are more likely to be real INFJs (presumably compared with those INFJs who do not switch type)? If your evidence is limited to personal experience with one or two INFJs, do not expect others to be convinced.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #324
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    For example: what evidence do you have to support the statement that the INFJs who switch identification to another type are more likely to be real INFJs (presumably compared with those INFJs who do not switch type)? If your evidence is limited to personal experience with one or two INFJs, do not expect others to be convinced.
    i don't even know of anyone who switched types from INFJs to another in reaction to people's life stories with INFJs (i assume that whoever said that does know some), i just extrapolated the phenomena of filtering perspectives based on emotional implications to the possibility of changing one's understanding of MBTI to result in a different typing for yourself if the previous type comes to have negative implications. the specific implication was pure speculation on my part, completely theoretical & at this point i wouldn't argue for it being anything more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You cannot productively debate a generalization simply by throwing out additional, equally unsubstantiated generalizations. That is not a debate, it is a free-for-all. Better to start assembling evidence for and against the generalization, or offering alternative generalizations supported by evidence and reason. There is nothing wrong with offering anecdotal evidence; it alone, however, will not support a convincing conclusion.
    i am not sure if you posted as a member or as a mod, i thought it was the later, and under that assumption - allowing a main topic to generalize but not the posts about it seem to limit the debate to disagreeing with the OP (technically my posts do disagree with the OP, but thats besides the point). if you meant it as advice on how to not try to convince others of a point, thats true.

  5. #325
    failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post


    I thought this would make you use your Te to shovel some snow. Seems like you would actually like some work

  6. #326
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I agree with OA about infps not wanting to be perceived as being special which i have noticed. However infps tend to mistype themselves more so than infjs. Shouldn't infps being fi doms be more self aware or should we simply blame the type descriptions? Then again once then get a proper understanding of fi descriptions they seldom seem confused about their type.

    Heh i wouldn't have been surprised if dj ( @Azure Flame ) said he worships those 3 infjs girls he know from rl. Dj why is it that you say ti types wouldn't get offended if someone said they were mistyped? I am curious to know.
    because Ti doesnt identify itself in inanimate objects or concepts. Fi does things like give lamps emotions.

  7. #327
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    because Ti doesnt identify itself in inanimate objects or concepts. Fi does things like give lamps emotions.
    That's Si.

  8. #328
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    That's Si.
    no Ive met sfps who attach emotions to random shit like pillows and whatnot.

  9. #329
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    no Ive met sfps who attach emotions to random shit like pillows and whatnot.
    Oh really? That's weird because it's Si.

  10. #330
    Senior Member Array yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Oh really? That's weird because it's Si.
    I think Si-dom remembers how he\she internally felt when something familiar triggers a memory whereas (what I think @Azure Flame means is that) Fi-dom may attribute feelings (like personification) to external inanimate objects...

    Something like "the tree was old, disfigured by the passing of time and the harsh wind that has been testing its will for ages...it almost had a sorrowful and tired gaze to it...fearfully awaiting the coming of inevitable darkness...."

    Where a Si-dom may go more like "this food tastes like the food I ate and liked when I was a kid, and therefore makes me happy..."

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM
  3. [INFJ] How do you encourage an INFJ, or, How do you know if an INFJ has lost interest in you
    By Spring in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 09:52 PM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ + ENFP = Transcendental Romance. INFJ + ESTJ = Duality. Any thoughts?
    By finalfantasy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 05:28 AM
  5. [INFJ] INFJ + INFJ relationship confusion! (warning: long winded)
    By True Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •