User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

And I'm pretty sure people of every type don't like to look bad, and whether they mistype because of it isn't type related.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And I'm pretty sure people of every type don't like to look bad, and whether they mistype because of it isn't type related.
    not liking to look bad and mentally blocking perspectives which make you look bad aren't the same thing - at least not for most people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There have been some rather sweeping generalizations made based at best on limited anecdotal evidence, some in earnest, others perhaps in jest. While this is not against the rules, it is often unwelcome, especially to those so targeted.

In short: please rein it in a bit, and stay on topic.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    not liking to look bad and mentally blocking perspectives which make you look bad aren't the same thing - at least not for most people.

If you're going to try to relate this to INFJ's you need to find a more neutral way of explaining it. Ni dominants can block perspectives in a way, but I think you'd have to do a lot more to try to connect it with mistyping if that's what you're trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    that's sort of funny - i'd say those who reframed their understanding of typology to retype themselves because the previous one made them look bad... are a lot more likely to be INFJs.
    Reframing an understanding of typology (to suit an agenda or otherwise) I would say could be related to Ti and Ni, and types with both would be more prone to playing with different formulations of theories. But I'd say Ti dom/aux would be just as likely to do this, primarily in relation to typing others.

Enneagram
    9w8

I suppose that everybody wants to be somebody.

Sometimes, I think that people are just desperate and are looking for ways to say, "Notice me. I'm unique." But 4 letters doesn't make one anymore special than a zip code makes a town special. What makes a town special and unique from all other towns, even those in the same region with similar culture, are the characters living there. In the same way, what makes a person special is truly knowing herself (or himself) and being comfortable in his or her own skin, so to speak. it's the individual character, not the personality call letters.

So, whether my four letters read ESTJ or INFJ or INTJ or WARP, it doesn't change the essence of who I am and eventually, if I run my mouth long enough, the person I'm talking to is going to form his or her own opinion of me, anyway. It's not my responsibility to confirm or deny that opinion, but only to remain true to my own character. Still, the call letters are simply a beginning place on the journey to self-discovery. Many people will find that their initial typing was faulty, not just those who believe themselves to be INFJs.

I wouldn't say that everyone wants to be INFJ. I would say that many people have at least some reason to believe they are.

So, for example, if I discovered tomorrow or in the next five minutes that one in every three people had my identical cognitive functions preference, it really wouldn't make any difference, because I'd still be the only me and it would just mean there were a lot of AWESOME people in the world! (Just kidding. I'm not really that arrogant, but I do like myself and I don't see any point in lying about it!)
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Society

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Reframing an understanding of typology (to suit an agenda or otherwise) I would say could be related to Ti and Ni, and types with both would be more prone to playing with different formulations of theories. But I'd say Ti dom/aux would be just as likely to do this, primarily in relation to typing others.
    except when Ti-Ne reframes something it doesn't in itself mentally cancel out other framings - not in itself, the closest that might seem like it is in using multiply perspectives to demonstrate internal contradictions by extrapolating statements from multiply perspectives, but the reason it can be used to show contradictions at all is because it assumes the perspectives co exist. its not the mere existence of the different perspective which negates the existence of another (as in the example demonstrated above - @cafe's puritan perspective of how she view's fia in itself is somehow supposed to negate my mixed perspective of @fia).

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    In short: please rein it in a bit, and stay on topic.
    ....isn't the thread topic a sweeping generalization (of mistyping) made on the OP's limited anecdotal evidence (the self-typing of active members)? how can you debate the generalization of whether a type is a more likely target for mistyping if you can't generalize about people who self type as that type?

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    ... "Notice me. I'm unique." But 4 letters doesn't make one anymore special than a zip code makes a town special. What makes a town special and unique from all other towns, even those in the same region with similar culture, are the characters living there. In the same way, what makes a person special is truly knowing herself (or himself) and being comfortable in his or her own skin, so to speak. it's the individual character, not the personality call letters....
    Nor does enneagram 4 for that matter...

Ginkgo

As an INFP I will freely admit to needing the whole world to see me as a special snowflake because that's what my fragile, special snowflake ego needs to bolster it, lest it caves in and finally makes me buy another puppy.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Nor does enneagram 4 for that matter...
    Exactly. No need to hide behind that wall. I don't eat people....anymore.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Exactly. No need to hide behind that wall. I don't eat people....anymore.