• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I love the irony of the "Unique cycle".

Somewhere it was decided INFJ is super rare.

Everyone claims to INFJ.

Now it isn't rare.

No one wants to be INFJ.

They all scatter to a far more common type which has become uncommon due to it's popularity and no one wanting to admit that type.

People dont want to work ....
Do you want to be the math genius intp .... Study every day of ur early life to be one .
Do you want to be the most money maker Entj fucking work harder than everyone else .

fuck man , you find great composers that took 20 years to create a "great work of art" , beethoven had a little book for all his music ideas .
you want to be unique 'cause you are an infj ? please ... you can't have good arguments in a internet forum .

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seeing this recent discussion unfold, I think people have been deciding to wield and defend themselves of an illustrious description is too hard to bear. So they submit themselves into a "less rare" type to better work on, hoping this gives them a sense of identity and purpose.

Everyone wants to belong, and play their part in the community. Whether consciously or unconsciously.

But let's not ignore the fact that there's also been a gravitation of women to be INTJ or ENTJ as that's supposedly the "rarest" type for that gender.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Seeing this recent discussion unfold, I think people have been deciding to wield and defend themselves of an illustrious description is too hard to bear. So they submit themselves into a "less rare" type to better work on, hoping this gives them a sense of identity and purpose.

Everyone wants to belong, and play their part in the community. Whether consciously or unconsciously.

But let's not ignore the fact that there's also been a gravitation of women to be INTJ or ENTJ as that's supposedly the "rarest" type for that gender.

Let us also not ignore that your very first post to me, in my intro thread, at which point you knew nothing about me, was to insist that I was not ENTJ simply because it's "rare." So, you are/were doing the very same thing you're accusing others of.

Although, I think your motive was less a genuine disbelief (how could it be? you didn't know me at all.) and more that you feel other "rare" types encroach on what you see as your role on the forum as "most unique ". Anyone who's known you for a day can tell is the core of your identity.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let us also not ignore that your very first post to me, in my intro thread, at which point you knew nothing about me, was to insist that I was not ENTJ simply because it's "rare." So, you are/were doing the very same thing you're accusing others of.

Although, I think your motive was less a genuine disbelief (how could it be? you didn't know me at all.) and more that you feel other "rare" types encroach on what you see as your role on the forum as "most unique ". Anyone who's known you for a day can tell is the core of your identity.

To be fair, I don't remember that. But I say it in a sense of being equal to everyone.

To ignore that is to ignore my 4ness I suppose. But you to bring it up also turns back to you, the accuser as I have not mentioned you/responded to you in the previous post.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
To be fair, I don't remember that. But I say it in a sense of being equal to everyone.

To ignore that is to ignore my 4ness I suppose. But you to bring it up also turns back to you, the accuser as I have not mentioned you/responded to you in the previous post.

So then, it’s equal to assume all INFJ’s, yourself included, are lying? Or do you mean that you bark at all “ rare” types equall for a percieved tresspass of your space?

There’s nothing to be “ brought back” on me. I’m only pointing out a behavior of yours .
Whether or you not you previously responded to me is irrelevant here.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to call my sequel threads why isnt anything 6's fault (projection, the opposite of introjection is my answer) and why is no one ESFJ nowadays?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So then, it’scequal to assume all INFJ’s, yourself included, are lying?

There’s nothing to be “ brought back” on me. I’m only pointing out a behavior of yours .
Whether or you not you previously responded to me is irrelevant here.

I don't wish to argue. However you view me is how you're going to view me.

So alright, I'll leave it at that with you as the final say.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm going to call my sequel threads why isnt anything 6's fault (projection, the opposite of introjection is my answer) and why is no one ESFJ nowadays?

I’m sorry! I accidentally edited your post when I tried to quote. Not used to that “ edit” option yet. I hope I fixed it properly.

My sister is an ESFJ 6. She is certainly not a horrible person but when it comes to being “ obnoxious” she’s defintly in the top 10%

I don't wish to argue. However you view me is how you're going to view me.

So alright, I'll leave it at that with you as the final say.

You accuse people of lying about their type with no basis but you don’t want to argue? Your response to being called out generalizing all of one gender in a particular type is “ I don’t want to argue.” ?

...alright then. :unsure:

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m sorry! I accidentally edited your post when I tried to quote. Not used to that “ edit” option yet. I hope I fixed it properly.

My sister is an ESFJ 6. She is certainly not a horrible person but when it comes to being “ obnoxious” she’s defintly in the top 10%

It's no problem, I saw and was momentarily confused before realizing that was what may have happened.

On a completely opposite in many ways note from obnoxious 6's (I find it so strange when they think they are like 4's or 8's or something, they are so distinctive from those because of that aforementioned projection thing), I appreciate the 8's ability to tell it like it is lol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You accuse people of lying about their type with no basis but you don’t want to argue? Your response to being called out generalizing all of one gender in a particular type is “ I don’t want to argue.” ?

...alright then. :unsure:

If I understand correctly, I just say what I say and if you don't agree with it. That's fine!

Yuu, you're okay. Again, opinions change and I'm okay with who you are on this forum.

The "me" back then was not the same as the "me" now. I can't stop you from taking whatever I said personally.

I chose to end this discussion because I know we're on polar ends here of understanding. There's no point.

Plus, I also want to follow the rules. Just saying.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
It's no problem, I saw and was momentarily confused before realizing that was what may have happened.

On a completely opposite in many ways note from obnoxious 6's (I find it so strange when they think they are like 4's or 8's or something, they are so distinctive from those because of that aforementioned projection thing), I appreciate the 8's ability to tell it like it is lol.

Oh yes, that is my sister to a “T”; always using memes and overplayed songs about origionality to describe what a unique individual she is. She’s always been incredibly popular with the most vapid and banal people via folloing trends and immitating others. And yes, she thinks she is “ no nonsense” and “ tells it like it is” but she’s so nausiatingly phony she would know what it’s like if it bit her in the ass.

Then I tell her how it really is and she cannot even.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
When mbti related forums started most articles based on infjs were highly favourable compared to other feeler types. Infact other feeler types and sensor types had terrible negative descriptions.

INFJs were sanctified.

So naturally people would have seen their good traits in infjs and selected that as their types. Or even if they knew they weren't they would have typed themselves as infjs.

The other reason is mbti forums are overwhelmingly full of N (especially IN) types. They are more attracted to the subject than an S type would .. Therefore you would see more infjs in a forum than certain other types.

Ps - in my experience INFJs tend to ride a high horse. Therefore aren't the easiest to live with. However this could be a trait seen in INFJ e4s AND e1s because I don't often see the high horse trait much in infjs of other enneagram types.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
When mbti related forums started most articles based on infjs were highly favourable compared to other feeler types. Infact other feeler types and sensor types had terrible negative descriptions.

INFJs were sanctified.

So naturally people would have seen their good traits in infjs and selected that as their types. Or even if they knew they weren't they would have typed themselves as infjs.

The other reason is mbti forums are overwhelmingly full of N (especially IN) types. They are more attracted to the subject than an S type would .. Therefore you would see more infjs in a forum than certain other types.

Ps - in my experience INFJs tend to ride a high horse. Therefore aren't the easiest to live with. However this could be a trait seen in INFJ e4s AND e1s because I don't often see the high horse trait much in infjs of other enneagram types.

lol you sound like an INFJ in this post (and some of the other ones I just looked at).

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Legion wants to type everyone as an INFJ because he's terribly lonely. I'm sorry, man.

Eh, INFJ's, I mean, not mistyped ones are easy to spot for me, mostly, they have some sort of an inner beauty that presents it towards you via intuition. If that is not there, I mean, if that "aura" doesn't click with me, I see that the person in question is probably a mistyped INFP, INTP (INTP-INFJ get confused a lot, in a weird sort of way) or an ENFJ who masquerades as an INFJ, which is a very interesting phenomenon. Probably it's a Ni thing.

People also like to identify with the INFJ type, because it's the archetypal mystic, or at least, people misunderstand it as so; and are naturally drawn to it, since we are living in an age where interest paganism, mysticism is flourishing again, though in a superficial and phony way reserved for the followers of New Age teachings.

Also, people are drawn to some key features of INFJ, just like they are drawn to some key features of the INTJ; and on that, they are horribly wrong. No. I am not going to conquer the world. I am forgetting to buy my phone a screen protective film and because of that I had to get it repaired. Lol.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think Legion wants to type everyone as an INFJ because he's terribly lonely. I'm sorry, man.

Uh, what?

I have a typing method. I say whatever results come up.

edit: oh, we had a run in in another thread and I suggested you may be INFJ. It does seem that way.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh, what?

I have a typing method. I say whatever results come up.

edit: oh, we had a run in in another thread and I suggested you may be INFJ. It does seem that way.

You typed me INFJ as well

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You typed me INFJ as well

It's probably the most common typing I come up with. I do type people as other types too though. There are a few INFPs on here for example.

I believe that the reason I am suggesting INFJ so often is that... there are a lot of INFJs here. I probably have some biases that I need to work through in how I type people, I certainly do in fact, but I don't think they're so great that I'd make such a huge error in my typings.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's probably the most common typing I come up with. I do type people as other types too though. There are a few INFPs on here for example.

I believe that the reason I am suggesting INFJ so often is that... there are a lot of INFJs here. I probably have some biases that I need to work through in how I type people, I certainly do in fact, but I don't think they're so great that I'd make such a huge error in my typings.

Don’t get me wrong, I was appreciative of your analysis. It was just a surprise because few members see me that way based on my forum persona

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Don’t get me wrong, I was appreciative of your analysis. It was just a surprise because few members see me that way based on my forum persona

Ha well yes most people don't really know what to look for with typing a person. People go off vibes or something, but without a solid foundation to reference those vibes from it's kind of meaningless.

I got some typings right but a lot wrong when I tried to figure it out but didn't know what I was doing. Now I have ways where I can look at information about a person and go, oh that's what they probably are.

I still feel my approach is lacking because it feels too analytical and I would prefer something holistic.

If I were to compare you to what I am used to with INTPs for example you don't come across as one at all. You seem quite sociable.